Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Qin Na Submission

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Who is talking about "competition"?
    Like I said , you can make work against a 12 year old girl, but just because it is "not competition" doesn't mean you can make it work against anyone "on the street" who is halfway strong, partially in shape, or has a freshman level high school grappling background or 3 months of judo, sambo, or bjj.

And speaking of a little sambo, try that full nelson on someone with even a little bit of sambo and you'll get your knee broken.
    Last edited by Peaceful Orchid; 02-07-2012 at 06:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaceful Orchid View Post
    And speaking of a little sambo, try that full nelson on someone with even a little bit of sambo and you'll get your knee broken.
    What do you do to break someone's knee?
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 02-07-2012 at 06:44 PM.

Like I said , you can make work against a 12 year old girl, but just because it is "not competition" doesn't mean you can make it work against anyone "on the street" who is halfway strong, partially in shape, or has a freshman level high school grappling background or 3 months of judo, sambo, or bjj.

a bit generous aren't you?

Blog Entries
    you can make work against a 12 year old girl,
    Do you know where did that tape come from? It was used as teaching material in Sionics, a Georgia-based Anti-terrorism school. I don't believe those students who train anti-terrorism are interesting in dealing with 12 years old girl.

They might be but that's a different topic.

Actually this is how most of my discussions with guys like that go - seems no matter what I would do a high school kid with 3 days BJJ would tear me a new one according to the clueless.

How can you discuss anything seriously with peeps like that?
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    They might be but that's a different topic.

Actually this is how most of my discussions with guys like that go - seems no matter what I would do a high school kid with 3 days BJJ would tear me a new one according to the clueless.

How can you discuss anything seriously with peeps like that?
    You can't!

It's waste of your time to discuss anything with people who think MMA is superior than TCMA.

i've dabbled in judo & bjj. i can say with confidence that your average student is far from being street worthy in 3 months

Maybe if your opponent is a 12 year old girl.

You can check out just about any competitive venue where takedowns are part of the ruleset. There's a reason you never see either of those types of takedowns even though it is common both for an opponent to grab the other's arm and for one opponent to get behind another.
    You are stupid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge34hs-4PKk

A prime example of standing chin na working really well against one of your BJJ heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    You are stupid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge34hs-4PKk

A prime example of standing chin na working really well against one of your BJJ heroes.
    Um... who's stupid?

That "standing" chi na ended up on the ground... exactly where I would predict it would.

Seems like the guy who thinks a submission on the ground is standing chi na would be the stupid one.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyrat View Post
    i've dabbled in judo & bjj. i can say with confidence that your average student is far from being street worthy in 3 months
    Much more street worthy than someone trying to take down an opponent with that full nelson or the wrist lock.

You can't!

It's waste of your time to discuss anything with people who think MMA is superior than TCMA.
    It has nothing to do with MMA being superior to TCMA and everything to do with unrealistic techniques and poor training methods.

Of course, iff this thread is an example of how the majority of TCMA people think, I can now see why Ray Pina rags on it so much.

Blog Entries
    That "standing" chi na ended up on the ground... exactly where I would predict it would.
    Most of the joint locking should start from standing and end on the ground. Only when your opponent is on the ground, your joint locking is then complete.
    Did we say anything different?

unrealistic techniques ...
    lol. Wrist lock and full nelson (neck joint lock) are unrealistic techniques. How many joints do we have on out body?

- finger joint,
    - wrist joint,
    - elbow joint,
    - shoulder joint,
    - neck joint,
    - waist joint,
    - knee joint,
    - ankle joint,
    - toe joint,

Since most people wear shoes, it may be hard to do any toe joint locking. All the other joint locking are possible if "opportunity" presents.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 02-07-2012 at 09:16 PM.

Did we say anything different?
    Certain techniques can be used for takedowns in a realistic manner (i.e. arm drags, alligator rolls, head shucks, head & arm throws, kimuras, suplexes, etc). These are all techniques you will see in encounters with resisting opponents.

The ones you showed will mostly be done against non-resisting opponents or on someone with whom you have a highly superior advantage such as a 12 year old girl.

Much more street worthy than someone trying to take down an opponent with that full nelson or the wrist lock.
    you're assuming this is that said someone is using the demonstrated full-nelson or wrist-lock as the primary takedown method. it can be a follow-up technique used to flow with an opponent's resistance.... also what you did not see is the all-important set-up.

Wrist lock and full nelson (neck joint lock) are unrealistic techniques. How many joints do we have on out body?

- finger joint,
    - wrist joint,
    - elbow joint,
    - shoulder joint,
    - neck joint,
    - waist joint,
    - knee joint,
    - ankle joint,
    - toe joint,
    Yep and all of those can be trained in realistic manners and unrealistic manners.