Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Qin Na Submission

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyrat View Post
    you're assuming this is that said someone is using the demonstrated full-nelson or wrist-lock as the primary takedown method. it can be a follow-up technique used to flow with an opponent's resistance.... also what you did not see is the all-important set-up.
    Again, there is a reason you will almost never see these techs done against resisting opponents against whom one doesn't have a huge size/strength advantage.

i've dabbled in judo & bjj. i can say with confidence that your average student is far from being street worthy in 3 months
    Then it should be easy for you to enter a novice level judo or bjj tourney and demonstrate you using wrist locks and/or full nelsons to take people down, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Peaceful Orchid View Post
    Again, there is a reason you will almost never see these techs done against resisting opponents against whom one doesn't have a huge size/strength advantage.
    good comeback. sound like a broken record.

Then it should be easy for you to enter a novice level judo or bjj tourney and demonstrate you using wrist locks and/or full nelsons to take people down, right?
    yeah, i'm sure i can pull it off... but i'm also sure that my methods will get me disqualified.

good comeback. sound like a broken record.
    So, when will you be posting your demonstration of your takedown ability with these techniques?

Blog Entries
    Yep and all of those can be trained in realistic manners and unrealistic manners.
    How do you know that TCMA guys do not train those locks in realistic manners? TCMA guys "train" and "test" on the mat too.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 02-07-2012 at 09:34 PM.

yeah, i'm sure i can pull it off... but i'm also sure that my methods will get me disqualified.
    Yeah, so? You're not out to win. You are there to demonstrate these techniques.

If you are worried about being disqualified go to an open mat wrestling, Sambo, sub grappling, or judo session and do the techniques there.

So, when will you be posting your demonstration of your takedown ability with these techniques?
    i'm not in the habit of posting my fav strategies/tactics .

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    How do you know that TCMA guys do not train those locks in realistic manners?
    They can't train those specific locks in a realistic manner because those specific techniques are mostly ineffective.

Yeah, so? You're not out to win. You are there to demonstrate these techniques.

If you are worried about being disqualified go to an open mat wrestling, Sambo, sub grappling, or judo session and do the techniques there.
    i do still get together with my former classmates from judo...

i'm not in the habit of posting my fav strategies/tactics .
    Yeah, of course not. Got to keep them secret. People might steal them.

Ray is making more and more sense.

i do still get together with my former classmates from judo...
    But of course you would never think of providing evidence. Somebody might steal your deadly techniques, right?

Yeah, of course not. Got to keep them secret. People might steal them.

Ray is making more and more sense.
    there's no secret. i just don't like telling them to rude guys like you...

Blog Entries
    They can't train those specific locks in a realistic manner because those specific techniques are mostly ineffective.
    May I ask,

- How old are you?
    - What kind of join locks do you know?
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 02-07-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    May I ask, "How old are you?" and "What kind of wrist locks and neck locks do you know?"
    I'm just an old man who dabbled in a variety of things in his youth and now plays with Tai Chi and yoga mainly for health.

As far as what wrist locks and neck locks I know, I know the difference between what works and what doesn't work.