Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Qin Na Submission

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaceful Orchid View Post
    I'm just an old man who dabbled in a variety of things in his youth and now plays with Tai Chi and yoga mainly for health.

As far as what wrist locks and neck locks I know, I know the difference between what works and what doesn't work.
    What make you to take the mission of "exposing fraud martial arts teachers"?

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    What make you to take the mission of "exposing fraud martial arts teachers"?
    Where did you get the idea I'm trying to expose frauds? This thread was about realistic vs. unrealistic submissions and that's what I'm discussing. There are probably thousands of fraudulent martial arts teachers teaching unrealistic techniques. I don't care if they are exposed or not. People throw good money away on rip-off products and services all the time. It's not my mission to protect them.
    Last edited by Peaceful Orchid; 02-07-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    Where did you get the idea I'm trying to expose frauds? This thread was about realistic vs. unrealistic submissions and that's what I'm discussing. There are probably thousands of fraudulent martial arts teachers teaching unrealistic techniques. I don't care if they are exposed or not.
    It's in your "About Me".

About Peaceful Orchid

Interests

Flowers, gardening, peace gatherings, getting along, poetry, cooking, bug imitations, exposing fraud martial arts teachers.

Occupation

Botanist

It's in your "About Me".

About Peaceful Orchid

Interests

Flowers, gardening, peace gatherings, getting along, poetry, cooking, bug imitations, exposing fraud martial arts teachers.

Occupation

Botanist
    haha!!! nice!!

It's in your "About Me".

About Peaceful Orchid

Interests

Occupation

Botanist
    That is a joke profile. I stole that from someone on another site because I thought it was funny and I'm not that creative. I had forgotten the part about the fraud teachers. I really couldn't care less about them.

christ how many times can these threads come around....11 pages

those subs at the start weren't great, as pointed out on this thread already, and as pointed out previously were more than likely taken from judo (so what nothing rong with that) as for the whole standing locks, wrist locks etc thing its been done to death out of thousands of grappling and MMA videos you can find a handful of standing subs being used (most finish on the ground like the kimura) and the rest are freakish in nature, if that doesn't tell you something about their usefulness then lord help you

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    Didnt watch vids but from some of the coversations im sure i didnt miss anything. Anything can work but for realism i would think simple and high percentage would be the answer.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Um... who's stupid?

That "standing" chi na ended up on the ground... exactly where I would predict it would.

Seems like the guy who thinks a submission on the ground is standing chi na would be the stupid one.
    No - you didn't. YouKnowWho pointed out that standing chin na ends in ground submissions and then you went on a pointless, clueless, noob rant about how you can't take down someone with an arm lock unless they're a 12 year old girl. So I posted a vid of one of the top MMA fighters in the world being taken down by an arm lock. So, not only are you stupid, but in a way - you equated Renzo Gracie with a 12 year old girl, so that makes you really stupid.

Form Letter Time

Attn. Peaceful Orchid:
    Dear:

[X] Clueless Newbie
    [ ] Loser
    [ ] Previously Banned Member
    [ ] Bruce Lee Wannabee
    [ ] Troll
    [ ] Spammer
    [X] 13 year old l337 d00d
    [ ] Flamer
    [ ] Whiner
    [X] Book Taught Loonie

You Are Being Flamed Because:

[X] You posted a Style Vs Thread
    [ ] You posted a personal attack against a mod
    [ ] You should have used the Search Feature
    [ ] You posted the Real Ultimate Power site again
    [ ] You posted a thread in Ninjitsu asking about smoke bombs/night training
    [ ] You posted a MMA Spoiler in Traditional Healing
    [ ] You posted a thread stating you can run up walls
    [ ] You posted a ( WarCraft / WoW ) vs Diablo 2 thread
    [ ] You posted an OMG The Sky is Falling thread
    [X] You resurrected a long dead, stupid thread
    [ ] You posted a "YOU ALL SUCK" message
    [ ] You flamed someone and got burnt
    [ ] You posted a thread on Dux Ninjitsu
    [ ] You haven't read the stickies
    [ ] You asked why you can't get into the arcade on your first post
    [ ] You typed in text/leet speak
    [X] You posted false information then refused to back it up.
    [ ] You posted a video/site we've all seen a thousand times before
    [X] You believe that people from video games are great MA experts

In Punishment, You Must:

[ ] Take down all your Bruce Lee posters
    [ ] Stop posting and go to class 3 times a week
    [ ] Actually post something relevant
    [ ] Read the **** FAQ
    [ ] Go to your room with no supper
    [ ] Apologize to everybody on this forum (except Gene, who loves it!)
    [ ] Stand in the corner and do kata till you die of boredom
    [ ] Ride over your collection of MA video-games on a bike
    [X] All of the above

In Closing, I'd Like to Say:

[ ] Learn to type using ALL the correct letters
    [ ] Welcome to last week
    [X] Press Alt and F4
    [ ] Can I have your stuff?
    [ ] Don't let the door hit you in the ass.
    [ ] All your base are belong to us. Go every Zig.
    [ ] Read the **** Stickies! They are there for a reason!
    [ ] All of the above

It's crazy. Superman and Clark Kent have never met, despite both of them being close friends with Lois Lane. Whenever Superman is around, Clark never is. And they look and act so similarly...
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Drake,

Were any of them friends with Peter Parker?

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    No - you didn't. YouKnowWho pointed out that standing chin na ends in ground submissions and then you went on a pointless, clueless, noob rant about how you can't take down someone with an arm lock unless they're a 12 year old girl. So I posted a vid of one of the top MMA fighters in the world being taken down by an arm lock. So, not only are you stupid, but in a way - you equated Renzo Gracie with a 12 year old girl, so that makes you really stupid.
    What I pointed out was that particular wrist lock would almost never result in bringing the opponent to the ground. I said nothing about being able to take someone down with a kimura. Kimuras to the ground are standard defenses from single/double legs and when the opponent has one's back. Sakuraba used them very effectively throughout his career.

Dear MightyB

You are being informed warned of the following infractions:

• [Penal Code #10965] Not being able to read.

• [Section A] Making up falsehoods based on the inability to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Sorry to drag this dead, rotting, lifeless corpse of a horse back into the light of day....BUT I thought some of you who may not have seen a few of these photos might like the interesting tid bit i found on the art of war site. Not sure if this has been posted here, but it is interesting. for the practitioners of shuai jiao here, are these images shown similar to the practice you have, or do you not practice these types of submissions in your shuai jiao ?? if not, here is the disconnect?

http://www.artofwarfc.cn/?q=node/276

does not matter what they are called

interested in counters.

Like all striking arts share many similarities, so do grappling arts.
    From the very first time a caveman slapped a "bong-bang" on an other cavemen to this very second where someone, somewhere, is slapping a "mata leao" on someone else.
    The only difference has been on the variations of the core submissions.
    It doesn't matter who borrowed from whom because they ALL borrowed from someone.
    As for whether systems A has these techniques the obvious answer is that would depend on the teacher and what the student is interested in learning.
    This should have ended with Frost post:
    Frost christ how many times can these threads come around....11 pages

those subs at the start weren't great, as pointed out on this thread already, and as pointed out previously were more than likely taken from judo (so what nothing rong with that) as for the whole standing locks, wrist locks etc thing its been done to death out of thousands of grappling and MMA videos you can find a handful of standing subs being used (most finish on the ground like the kimura) and the rest are freakish in nature, if that doesn't tell you something about their usefulness then lord help you
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Wait...is someone denying the infallibility of wrist control?

In case anyone needs reminding of how important it is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QInKKHlB51g
    Kung Fu is good for you.