Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When are we going to stop this?

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

When are we going to stop this?

How many threads do we need to argue "TCMA vs. MMA"? Have we said everything that we want to say. Is there anything new that we have not yet covered?

Do we run out of meaningful discussion subjects in this forum?
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 02-07-2012 at 04:54 PM.

I say we shut down every thread that goes that way.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

we should go back to talking about tai chi wrestling.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    we should go back to talking about tai chi wrestling.
    Taking a break from your KFC? Be sure to wipe the grease and chemicals off your fingers before typing... it'll take the letters right off your keyboard.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    problem is, every time a new guy joins the forum, he has to bring this up.
    Without being total dix like at bullshido, we can politely him the situation and let him know how to access the archived threads.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

I propose a discussion on the pros and cons of mexican wrestling as a legitimate fighting style for MMA.

I'll start.

Pro. Masks are cool

Con. Can't climb the cage for aerials.

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    - Sun Tzu

When are we going to stop this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I say we shut down every thread that goes that way.
    Don ' t waste your energy , no matter how much you try to stop a thread from going to far and stop it . Some one will start it again . The best thing to do is not to respond to it . And see what happens .

Popular speech never needs protection.... critical speech. Ideas that challenge.... those are the ones that need protection and should be welcomed.

Contrary to my accusers.... my posts are on topic. My posts are about Kung Fu. 100%.... they're just not flattering.

To compare.... I would use pro football to highlight the fantasies of flag football enthusiasts who somehow proliferated that they possess higher ability, skill and physical attributes than those in the NFL.

I would point out: That if they want to be the best football player they could be they should follow the example, the training methods of the best universities and pro teams..... but that's crazy talk. That has nothing to do with flag football. They would have nothing to gain by learning explosive, catching, tackling angle drills by people who make a living doing these things.

Popular speech never needs protection.... critical speech. Ideas that challenge.... those are the ones that need protection and should be welcomed.

Contrary to my accusers.... my posts are on topic. My posts are about Kung Fu. 100%.... they're just not flattering.

To compare.... I would use pro football to highlight the fantasies of flag football enthusiasts who somehow proliferated that they possess higher ability, skill and physical attributes than those in the NFL.

I would point out: That if they want to be the best football player they could be they should follow the example, the training methods of the best universities and pro teams..... but that's crazy talk. That has nothing to do with flag football. They would have nothing to gain by learning explosive, catching, tackling angle drills by people who make a living doing these things.
    OMG.....U really need to STFU already. u're not even a kung fu student and certainly no Master. However, u R a wannabe elitist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post

Spare us the pariah act.

Nothing you say is original or as lofty as you think. Every single one of your salient points has already been discussed ad nauseum and anyone here who trains for real even a little bit is already of conscious of it.

You're like a constant repeat of the same three posts from a sub-literate bullshido thread from 2003.

Is that really all it takes to glorify your own ego? Regurgitate a few unsophisticated arguments that people worked out a decade ago and all of the sudden you're Thomas Jefferson.

Spare us the pariah act.

Nothing you say is original or as lofty as you think. Every single one of your salient points has already been discussed ad nauseum and anyone here who trains for real even a little bit is already of conscious of it.

You're like a constant repeat of the same three posts from a sub-literate bullshido thread from 2003.

Is that really all it takes to glorify your own ego? Regurgitate a few unsophisticated arguments that people worked out a decade ago and all of the sudden you're Thomas Jefferson.
    Its not an ego. I believe he has a brain tumor that makes him believe he, HE, would bring reality to the TCMA world. As if HE is the great white hope......TOO LATE. Kung Fu is on the uprise and it isn't due to Mr Pinas....not even in the slightest. That tumor prevents him the video proof so many people keep handing him. I personally think MMA doesn't want him so he has to come here.

Where is the like button?

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Spare us the pariah act.

I'd love to see someone bashing traditional gung fu who actually has some skill
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    How many threads do we need to argue "TCMA vs. MMA"? Have we said everything that we want to say. Is there anything new that we have not yet covered?

Do we run out of meaningful discussion subjects in this forum?
    yup, just about it seems....

I know what your saying YKW,

I say we add an entire 'Kung Fu Vs. MMA' forum and put it at the top of the list. That way it all gets put in there and the 'Kung Fu' forum can be more in depth.

Seriously.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I think we should have a link to trollshido.
    It would be like a trap door.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.