Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: When are we going to stop this?

Blog Entries
    If you know of any "reality"-based civilian martial arts that were not sports that are older, I'd be very curious to read about them.
    the age of an art isn't the case at hand. what really matters from the top to the bottom and all the way around, the individual makes the martial art. if you can't fight, you shouldn't be fighting. period.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    the age of an art isn't the case at hand. what really matters from the top to the bottom and all the way around, the individual makes the martial art. if you can't fight, you shouldn't be fighting. period.
    Actually, that was in response to your claim that sport fighting was a fad. MMA may be riding a high of popularity that may some day wane; just like boxing was much more popular in the 50s than it is today. But these types of sports have been around since the dawn of time and really aren't going anywhere.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Blog Entries
    Actually, that was in response to your claim that sport fighting was a fad. MMA may be riding a high of popularity that may some day wane; just like boxing was much more popular in the 50s than it is today. But these types of sports have been around since the dawn of time and really aren't going anywhere.
    i don't disagree bro. but when the next bigger thing comes along MMA in the spotlight will lose is glamour and make way. thats all im saying.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    i don't disagree bro. but when the next bigger thing comes along MMA in the spotlight will lose is glamour and make way. thats all im saying.
    Next big thing will be chainsaws and sledgehammers.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Blog Entries
    Next big thing will be chainsaws and sledgehammers.
    or Tai Chi!!!!!! LMAO

Just thinking bout it, the people who hide behind a computer to troll around must have one very sad life to pretend so much.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 02-08-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    because a two bit washout jock strap boy on a class D wrastl'n squad don't know jack shiite about grappling. And that's what I suspect you are... maybe... you probably don't even have that much experience. Meh - I do Judo, compete regularly in Judo and grappling tourneys (at least twice a year... sometimes more), my name's easy to find, you'll find that I post clips on youtube...

You ... hide, and then act like you know something. That means

TROLL and F.O.S. (full o shiite)
    Unless this is the twilight zone hs wrestling is grappling. My friends who study bjj don't like fighting against conditioned wrestlers.

Just my 2 cents. Everyone continue.

The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Meh - I do Judo, compete regularly in Judo and grappling tourneys (at least twice a year... sometimes more),
    Sure ya do.

I noticed you had no comments about how to counter any of those "loose" submissions when the guy asked for them.

Or maybe you just don't like technical conversations and would rather just talk cr@p.

Quote Originally Posted by SavvySavage View Post
    Unless this is the twilight zone hs wrestling is grappling. My friends who study bjj don't like fighting against conditioned wrestlers.

Definitely the twilight zone with some pretty clueless people who claim to be grapplers yet think wrestling is not grappling.

Too funny.
    Last edited by Peaceful Orchid; 02-08-2012 at 04:48 PM.

all things considered i think peaceful orchid knows his technical aspects of submisson work and grappling in general, at least his technical posts elude to such
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

not saying you got the most tact tho
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    there is a subforum for MMA

all MMA related topics discussed there.

I like some of the MMA gears but not all of them

glove, shorts, etc

I really like things loose and a bit over size

but sometimes, no matter what

you sweat and got statics or electrical shock from MMA wares

cotton is the best

me think.

You training on a shag carpet or what? I can honestly say that static charge has never been a big issue. Sure I get zapped here and there but it`s not distracting or disturbing in any meaningful way other than a good laugh here and there when somebody over-reacts.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SavvySavage View Post

Agreed! I play the old card when they're better than me... because I'm like their dad's age in some cases. Plus you can do the "instructor" trick, which is... when they get you in something like an Americana, say "stop, here let me show you how you can apply that better".

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    all things considered i think peaceful orchid knows his technical aspects of submisson work and grappling in general, at least his technical posts elude to such
    Didn't see the post - basics: Telephone any choke attempts... don't panic, telephone and wait for them to tire or give up the position. I don't even attempt any escape from a sunk Americana or Kimura - too dangerous. Any straight arm crush, turn to get parallel to the attack or pillow the attackers leg. The old dude gave space in a lot of the picks - in his scarf - you could turn into him, go parallel, get a knee under, roll him past your head. His sleeper is deep, but deep half guard is an option, his guillotine - a lot of space, step in to the side, ride him down, escape to side control... etc, etc, etc...

DB

Didn't see the post - basics: Telephone any choke attempts... don't panic, telephone and wait for them to tire or give up the position. I don't even attempt any escape from a sunk Americana or Kimura - too dangerous. Any straight arm crush, turn to get parallel to the attack or pillow the attackers leg. The old dude gave space in a lot of the picks - in his scarf - you could turn into him, go parallel, get a knee under, roll him past your head. His sleeper is deep, but deep half guard is an option, his guillotine - a lot of space, step in to the side, ride him down, escape to side control... etc, etc, etc...

DB
    oh a wise guy huh wheres all these smarty pants coming from?