Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: When are we going to stop this?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    It won't stop until we stop ourselves from responding.
    Sometime it's hard not to try to protect the honor of the TCMA. Where should we draw that line?

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Sometime it's hard not to try to protect the honor of the TCMA. Where should we draw that line?
    I understand that. I don't like it when people make sweeping negative statements about CMA either. The problem is, by constantly responding to those types of posts, we then prevent any meaningful discussion, because the negative types will derail every thread, knowing they'll get the attention they crave. It really is that simple.

Blog Entries
    I understand that. I don't like it when people make sweeping negative statements about CMA either. The problem is, by constantly responding to those types of posts, we then prevent any meaningful discussion, because the negative types will derail every thread, knowing they'll get the attention they crave. It really is that simple.
    I think I agree with you on this. We have to stop some place. I'll stop to response to those threads then.

For the longest time, I lurked and posted only in the southern forum, where things were really more about lineage battles than style battles.

Main forum, well, you know, the generous provider of this resource pays for it through advertising, meaning 'bums on seats'. A lively irrational argument about theoretical BS, with a full dose of trolling makes for a couple rounds of nachos for Gene, which I believe he is known to share as well....

But, ultimately, its up to each of us to control ourselves. You don't have to participate in those redundant arguments more than a couple of times to learn.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by RenDaHai View Post
    I say we add an entire 'Kung Fu Vs. MMA' forum and put it at the top of the list. That way it all gets put in there and the 'Kung Fu' forum can be more in depth.
    Sounds good to me!

Yup, just make an MMA vs TMA forum and put all threads relating to it in there and be done with it. Let them go on about it all they want. it would sure help clean up the general forum.

Maybe I'm guilty of this, but I had fun doing the research and got to touch on some stuff that's interesting to me - like what techniques I learned from cma that I use all the time in sparring.

Granted, the bickering's not productive, but I'll take any excuse I can to talk shop.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Want to "protect the honor" of TCMA. Post clips like this that would be great examples of TCMA being effective and would show you actually know what you are talking about.:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=789_1328390550

Instead of ones like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc4Ubxy54vE

that only show you've got zero understanding of realistic techniques and only give people more ammunition against you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaceful Orchid View Post
    Instead of ones like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc4Ubxy54vE

that only show you've got zero understanding of realistic techniques and only give people more ammunition against you.
    Do you know who is the person in that clip? Those are all his students.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZouSsrTGNE
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 02-07-2012 at 10:11 PM.

Do you know who is the person in that clip? Those are all his students.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZouSsrTGNE
    I couldn't care less who it is. If he is teaching mostluy things like that, he's one of those fraudulent martial arts teachers you were talking about.

Blog Entries
    I couldn't care less who it is. If he is teaching mostluy things like that, he's one of those fraudulent martial arts teachers you were talking about.
    I'll take that back if I were you.

Again, How old are you?

Do you not see the irony of posting clips of a teacher teaching techniques that you claim are realistic and then posting clips of his students going live and not a single one of them is able to pull off one of the techniques you are claiming to be effective.

On the other hand, maybe those really are effective techniques, but he is such a bad teacher that he can't teach his students how to use them.

BTW, At least you are now posting examples of techniques that actually work. This is more along the lines of what you need to do since your mission seems to be to protect the honor of TCMA. Better than those clips that just sabotage that mission.
    Last edited by Peaceful Orchid; 02-07-2012 at 10:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    Do you not see the irony of posting clips of a teacher teaching techniques that you claim are realistic and then posting clips of his students going live and not a single one of them is able to pull off one of the techniques you are claiming to be effective.

On the other hand, maybe those really are effective techniques, but he is such a bad teacher that he can't teach his students how to use them.
    The wrist lock can only work

- if your opponent grabs on your wrist.
    - when you hold on his grabbing hand, he still refuses to let it go.

That was exactly how that clip was showing. You opponent can raise and bend his elbow to release the pressure. You can then change it into X. If your opponent turns his body to release the pressure, you can then change it into Y. Both X and Y are not showing in that clip. Since I don't believe you are truly interest in this subject. there is no need to describe X and Y in detail.

Please tell us know will you set up a "wrist lock".
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 02-07-2012 at 10:20 PM.

That was exactly how that clip was taught.

Please tell us know will you set up a "wrist lock".
    I won't set up a wrist lock because, generally, they are way too low percentage.

What I will set up when someone tries to do that wrist lock to me when I "refuse to let go" is an arm drag to take the back or move into a double leg or step behind takedown.

Most wrestlers will grab your wrist if you put it out there. Most will also take you down when you attempt to use your other hand to grab the way that was shown in that clip.