Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: When are we going to stop this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    On the uprise?

What in God's name would lead you to believe that Kung Fu is on the uprise?

You're probably the last generation interested in Kung Fu except for quasi ****sexual kids that will be attracted to Wushu instead of gymnastics. Healthy boys today understand the difference between MMA and make believe.
    I teach a close knit group of intelligent, dedicated long term students who's interest in traditional gung fu has grown exponentially. New students and potential student inquiries come in faster than I am willing to deal with.

One the rise? Hmmmm

Personally I have promoted traditional gung fu practice in mass media giving a shot in the arm to every martial art school world wide ((airbody send me a dollar )) and in my upcoming projects we have given a nod to MMA style octagon fights with our "pro bending".

Thanks again for the childish trolling and hateful comments regarding traditional gung fu! People like yourself make us look good by simply being YOU

Peace
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Yea, a lot of silly crap was/is taught in the military.
    Remember the old "drive the nose bone into the brain" crap?
    LOL !
    YOU MEAN THAT DOESN'T WORK
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    Did he need to be removed? Granted he was a bit obtuse, but was it really in an inflamatory way? I just accepted him as someone who questioned methods and tried to make others see some deficiencies in how certain things are trained. Granted i didn't follow every thread in it's fullest so i may have missed a lot, but it was nothing more than questioning things. Reminds me of my kids who always ask 'why'. Makes you think sometimes and other times makes you say, 'because'.
    i think its more along the lines that, while he has some contstructive critisism, he was unable to differentiate between all the varied types of practitioners. Ray seemed to actually believe that every single person involved with chinese martial arts resided soley in the delusional. That none of us 'get it' and we are all simply waving our hands in the air and pretending we are the terminator while we do modern wushu (despite the fact that most of us posting here DO NOT do modern wushu...). Despite a plethora of evidence to the contrary, the man simply could not give it up. That definately shows an unwillingness, or inability, to actually hold a true constructive conversation on the chinese martial arts. Dont know if that deserves banning, but why keep someone here who will continue to insist 1+1=3?

It appears that only Ray, with his few years of cma training, has gained 'teh real' kungfu. While constantly bashing and hating on every cma practitioner there is, equating all of us to little girls and ****sexuals (not that there is anything wrong with little girls or ****sexuals)...I believe he was given a pretty fair chance to show some maturity, yet he failed to actually do so.

There are many men and women who have worked very hard for applicable skills within the chinese martial arts, and with every post the guy made, he dismissed it all and down right desputed facts presented to him.

Wish him the best in life, of course, i just never understood how he could be so self blinding...
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Dang dude I don't watch the news but you know how you can know it was not me? You're still posting here
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

ray put his faith in kung fu and had his dreams and hopes shattered. so its natural he feels bitter.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Mmmm butter
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    Personally I have promoted traditional gung fu practice in mass media giving a shot in the arm to every martial art school world wide ((airbody send me a dollar )) and in my upcoming projects we have given a nod to MMA style octagon fights with our "pro bending".
    Able to bend Earth, Wind, Air, Water, and Fire.... I knew it - THE AVATAR IS A MIXED MARTIAL ARTIST!!!

Then MMA truly does trump TCMA!!!

More like a mixture of elemental magic

The way MMA has been used around here it has connotations of a four letter word LOL so I'd rather not apply it to my work thanks you
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

Dang dude I don't watch the news but you know how you can know it was not me? You're still posting here
    I was planning on paying a visit to your school to save you the trouble of having to come and find me.

Alas, I could find no such establishment. 囧

What park do you teach in again?

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    I was planning on paying a visit to your school to save you the trouble of having to come and find me.

Alas, I could find no such establishment. 囧

What park do you teach in again?
    Hey buddy that's prolly 'cause I don't do establishment
    I mainly offer private instruction so if you are interested in instruction or meeting for tea I can forward my number to you in PM and we can get things rolling?

How's your teacher Xu?

He used to teach at a park before he built his temple, I was in his first class of students when Peter Shiao brought him over so you'd prolly wanna refer to me as Sihing

Oh yea, also I teach a public class every week Saturday morning 11-1 at Plummer Park in West Hollywood, CA, 90048 in case you'd like to stop by

It would be great to meet you, I love making new friends.
    Last edited by Lokhopkuen; 02-14-2012 at 10:12 PM.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

YOU MEAN THAT DOESN'T WORK
    Well, the history behind that crap is rather interesting.
    The upward palm strike to the "nose" actually works and can even kill, just not by driving the non-existent nose bone into the brain.
    The upward angle CAN cause severe trauma to the neck/head ( whiplash effect) and that CAN cause a KO which CAN cause a person to fall while unconcious and, well, die.
    BUT the true "killing technique" is a bit different and is rather dangerous to be honest.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    He was persistent in his belligerence and was more about bashing than offering a different view.

There's plenty of guys here who do mma type stuff that couldn't agree less with the guy's tack and who bring a whole lot more to the table in regards to what's what.

He generated a lot of negativity as opposed to constructive discussion about training.

So, all his accounts are banned as of today.
    Fair enough. Carry on.

Just an FYI:
    the two longest threads we have had in awhile have been threads were Ray has been voicing his critique of TCMA and TCMA is being "compared" to MMA, again.
    Just saying.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Hey buddy that's prolly 'cause I don't do establishment
    I mainly offer private instruction so if you are interested in instruction or meeting for tea I can forward my number to you in PM and we can get things rolling?

How's your teacher Xu?

He used to teach at a park before he built his temple, I was in his first class of students when Peter Shiao brought him over so you'd prolly wanna refer to me as Sihing

Oh yea, also I teach a public class every week Saturday morning 11-1 at Plummer Park in West Hollywood, CA, 90048 in case you'd like to stop by

It would be great to meet you, I love making new friends.
    That was in that park near Bronson Canyon right? I actually lived right off Bronson when I first started training with them but didn't know about the classes until they opened the first place in Rosemead. He's doing excellent. I think they have around 300 students now. I only see them about once a month. Still practice Songshan diligently on my own time, I just go in for "check ups" once and awhile. I've been focused more on Shuai Jiao this last year.

Next time I take Saturday off from SJ practice I'll come by and check your class out.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    He was persistent in his belligerence and was more about bashing than offering a different view.

There's plenty of guys here who do mma type stuff that couldn't agree less with the guy's tack and who bring a whole lot more to the table in regards to what's what.

He generated a lot of negativity as opposed to constructive discussion about training.

So, all his accounts are banned as of today.

Myself, for instance. I practice bjj, but you won't find me trolling here.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb