Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: When are we going to stop this?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaceful Orchid View Post
    I won't set up a wrist lock because, generally, they are way too low percentage.

What I will set up when someone tries to do that wrist lock to me when I "refuse to let go" is an arm drag to take the back or move into a double leg or step behind takedown.
    Now you are talking about wrestling. In another thread we were talking about "Chinese Qin Na Submission".

What is even more ironic is that a guy who teaches jacket wrestling is attempting to show a wrist grab takedown. That's like a BJJ guy trying to teach the intricacies of heel hooks.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Now you are talking about wrestling. In another thread we were talking about "Chinese Qin Na Submission".
    And I said that won't work against even against a novice level wrestler or anyone else who has a minimum of grappling experience.

Blog Entries
    Most wrestlers will grab your wrist if you put it out there. Most will also take you down when you attempt to use your other hand to grab the way that was shown in that clip.
    I strongly doubt about that.

Did I start this thread? When am I going to stop?
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 02-07-2012 at 10:32 PM.

I strongly doubt about that.
    Easy to prove me wrong. Wrestling season is right now. Find an open mat training night, go there and try your wrist lock technique. Post the clips of what happens when you do that.

Of course, you would never want to have actual documentation of something like that because it would show how wrong you are.
    Last edited by Peaceful Orchid; 02-07-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    Easy to prove me wrong. Wrestling season is right now. Find an open mat training night, go there and try your wrist lock technique. Post the clips of what happens when you do that.
    When did I say that "wrist lock" will always work in the ring? Did I say that "joint locking" will work when "opportunity" presents?

You still have not answered my question yet.

----- "How old are you?" -----
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 02-07-2012 at 10:40 PM.

When did I say that "wrist lock" will always work in the ring? Did I say that "joint locking" will work when "opportunity" presents?-
    And my point was that opportunity will rarely present so it's generally better to focus on opportunities that will present significantly more often such as those things shown in the clips of the fraudulent teacher's students.

-
    You still have not answered my question yet.

----- "How old are you?" -----
    LOL... What business of yours is it how old I am and how is it relevant to the conversations at hand?

Blog Entries
    LOL... What business of yours is it how old I am and how is it relevant to the conversations at hand?
    Because I will feel stupid myself to find out that I'm "arguing" with a 16 years old kid.

in the clips of the fraudulent teacher's students.
    Again, If I were you, I'll take that back. To say that someone is "fraud" online is not a good idea.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 02-07-2012 at 10:48 PM.

Because I will feel stupid myself to find out that I'm "arguing" with a 16 years old kid.
    I told you I'm an old man.

Again, If I were you, I'll take that back.
    I think have a right to watch someone do something and then make a determination that I am of the opinion he teaching fraudulent techniques. Unless that is against the rules of the forum I won't be taking anything back.

Blog Entries
    I think have a right to watch someone do something and then make a determination that I am of the opinion he teaching fraudulent techniques. Unless that is against the rules of the forum I won't be taking anything back.
    If you say that's a fraudulent techniques, why don't you put up a clip and show us the right way to teach that technique?

I'll promise you that for every personal clip that you put up, I'll put up one of my personal clip so you will not feel being cheated.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 02-07-2012 at 10:55 PM.

To say that someone is "fraud" online is not a good idea.
    i guess he could somehow hunt me down and sue me, so on the off chance that I might get some frivolous lawsuit thrown at me, let me rephrase that:

"I think that is a fraudulent technique. I do not know the teacher, so I don't know whether or not he is a fraud himself."

If you say that's a fraudulent techniques, why don't you put up a clip and show us the right way to teach that technique?

I'll promise you that for every personal clip that you put up, I'll put up one of my personal clip so you will not feel being cheated.
    There is no way to teach that technique in a proper manner because it is a crappy technique that is extremely low percentage. I wouldn't teach that technique in the first place because I believe it would be fraudulent to do so.

Blog Entries
    i guess he could somehow hunt me down and sue me, so on the off chance that I might get some frivolous lawsuit thrown at me, let me rephrase that:

"I think that is a fraudulent technique. I do not know the teacher, so I don't know whether or not he is a fraud himself."
    The TCMA world is much darker and dirty than that. There is no way that I can believe that you are "old".

Thanks for the correction. I can tell you this. If David C. K. Lin is a fraud teacher then we won't have any non-fraud teachers left on this planet.

As far as the "fraudulent technique", that "small circle wrist lock" existed in TCMA for over thousands years. Have I seen it worked by my own eyes? No! Do I think it may have a chance to work? Yes! maybe one day when you and I meet and if you grab on my wrist (this is important), I may be able to convince you at that moment. Until then, it's just your words vs. my words.

Haven't "argued" with anybody like this for a long time. It's fun. After my retirement, time is the only thing that I have plenty of it.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 02-07-2012 at 11:17 PM.

Thanks for the correction. I can tell you this. If David C. K. Lin is a fraud teacher then we won't have many non-fraud teachers left on this planet.

As far as the "fraudulent technique", that "small circle wrist lock" existed in TCMA for over thousands years. Have I seen it worked by my own eyes? No! Do I think it has chance to work? Yes! maybe one day when you and I meet and if you grab on my wrist and "refuse to let my hand go (this is important)", I may be able to convince you at that moment. Until then, it's just your words vs. my words.
    So, basically, the technique that you used as your prime example for standing chi na, is one you have never seen work for real and also depends on the opponent being stupid and/or slow enough not to let go when you make your move.

No wonder Ray gives you guys a hard time for living in fantasy-land.