all MMA related topics discussed there.

I like some of the MMA gears but not all of them

glove, shorts, etc

I really like things loose and a bit over size

but sometimes, no matter what

you sweat and got statics or electrical shock from MMA wares

cotton is the best

me think.

The internet is full of strange, demented people. Take a glance sometime at a story on Yahoo and read the comments section at the bottom. For a story I read recently about a woman and her children dying in a house fire there were comments such as "Roast in hell, *****" and "One less welfare recipient to vote for Obama".

The point is, the internet is a vastness of stupid, illogical, ill-informed people trying to get a rise out of someone, all while being completely anonoymous. It's easy to say that kind of crud when there are no repricussions for your actions. It's easy to drag a well respected TCMA instructor like You Know Who through the mud when you will never post any relevant information about yourself, just more bull sh**it about how "MMA is da best", "My board shorts and rash guard make me stone cold killa", and of course "If it's not BJJ, it's crap and not worth anything, fighting didn't even exist until Helio Gracie was born".

Please, get over yourselves. No one of any relevance cares who you are or what you do, or you wouldn't hide behind a screen name.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    The internet is full of strange, demented people. Take a glance sometime at a story on Yahoo and read the comments section at the bottom. For a story I read recently about a woman and her children dying in a house fire there were comments such as "Roast in hell, *****" and "One less welfare recipient to vote for Obama".

The point is, the internet is a vastness of stupid, illogical, ill-informed people trying to get a rise out of someone, all while being completely anonoymous. It's easy to say that kind of crud when there are no repricussions for your actions. It's easy to drag a well respected TCMA instructor like You Know Who through the mud when you will never post any relevant information about yourself, just more bull sh**it about how "MMA is da best", "My board shorts and rash guard make me stone cold killa", and of course "If it's not BJJ, it's crap and not worth anything, fighting didn't even exist until Helio Gracie was born".

Please, get over yourselves. No one of any relevance cares who you are or what you do, or you wouldn't hide behind a screen name.
    Well to be fair it's a two way street man! there are idiots on both sides of every argument. I've heard my fair part (in person) of kung fu guy saying "Well, That (BJJ) just looks really gay to be honest."

Other things like "a 100 year old kung fu master would kick Chuck Lidells answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Chadderz View Post
    Well to be fair it's a two way street man! there are idiots on both sides of every argument. I've heard my fair part (in person) of kung fu guy saying "Well, That (BJJ) just looks really gay to be honest."

Other things like "a 100 year old kung fu master would kick Chuck Lidells answer."
    Yes well, no MA has the monopoly on stupidity.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I really don't have any issues with debating the merits of MMA VS TMA.
    There is nothing new here of course because this debate ( "sport" vs TMA) has been going on for ages, Kano had to deal with it, so did Oyama and so many others.
    It may be the the "true" argument is not of sport vs TMA or MMA VS TMA, but oen of fighters VS non-fighters.
    Don't know...
    One thing is for sure, a debate that has been around for over 100 years is NOT going anywhere.

On a side note, one of the earliest sport vs "the real" was mentioned from the times of Alexander and there was that case of when swordsmanship in Japan was becoming more about form than function, that Yagyu Jubei challended 3 swordsman to duel to prove that their "passive" swordsmanship was inferior and he killed 2 and cut the arm off the third.

There is a lesson there though- in those cases the people that were making the statements FOUGHT to prove their points.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Yes well, no MA has the monopoly on stupidity.
    May i introduce you to the wing chun forum?

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    I don't look at is as a TCMA vs MMA issue. I look at it as a TCMA validity issue.... MMA, being today's modern standard, is simply what it is being measured against now.
    and McDonald's and Burger King are the standard for measuring a hamburger.
    See, it all depends on the relative experience of those doing the measuring and those who value it.
    Most people's experience of haute cuisine is McDonald's, just as most people's experience of Martial Art these days is MMA.
    There is a whole world out there. Most will never see it.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I really don't have any issues with debating the merits of MMA VS TMA.
    There is nothing new here of course because this debate ( "sport" vs TMA) has been going on for ages, Kano had to deal with it, so did Oyama and so many others.
    It may be the the "true" argument is not of sport vs TMA or MMA VS TMA, but oen of fighters VS non-fighters.
    Don't know...
    One thing is for sure, a debate that has been around for over 100 years is NOT going anywhere.

On a side note, one of the earliest sport vs "the real" was mentioned from the times of Alexander and there was that case of when swordsmanship in Japan was becoming more about form than function, that Yagyu Jubei challended 3 swordsman to duel to prove that their "passive" swordsmanship was inferior and he killed 2 and cut the arm off the third.

There is a lesson there though- in those cases the people that were making the statements FOUGHT to prove their points.
    In recent history, I'll also add to that the rivalry between Motobu Choki and Funakoshi Gichin.

The issue is more about when things devolve into insults, than actual debating. All of the CMA were developed because at the time, the developers perceived shortcomings in the arts that were available to them.

I know some people really enjoy the child-like back-and-forth insults, but it gets old fast. You can compare it to the kid in elementary school who liked to f@rt in class. It was amusing the first time, maybe the 2nd and 3rd times. But after that, it's just boring, annoying and it stinks up everything.

First off, my comments were not directed towards You Know Who.... I respect his opinions and posts. I agree with a lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    So, how are YOU helping that Pina? You say this stuff as if you mean it, but really, your general tack is anti tcma, bitter rants and ignoring the people who do exactly what you demand.
    I'm not helping or not helping. I'm writing truth and reality.... aside from the masses of San Da and San Shou fighters who are somehow going unnoticed by the UFC, the traditional version of Chinese Martial Arts, the ones that DON'T train like kickboxing and MMA. The ones that are NOT like Coach Ross's gym, but MORE LIKE the striking foam noodle, lion dancing, drunken form, light chi sau, iron palm but no use, one inch punch to the air, tiaiji push hands, ba gua circle walking types.... all of those! Who aren't fighting anywhere. All the 18 to 35 year old guys training like that and NO pro UFC/MMA fighters..... they can't claim what even TKD can claim. That when used wit proper skill it works against other tough, trained fighters.

You don't even consider the sheer amount of fluff and nonsense that goes on in mma schools and excuse it because you favour it.
    Maybe in your experience. I've trained at Renzo Gracies and three different MMA clubs here. They're teams actually. There is the team spirit.

Renzo's school is huge but still attracts about an even number of people who are hobbyists and weekend competitors. But there is also a rank of world class competitors.

Here in Puerto Rico, in the three teams I train with. EVERYONE competes in BJJ gi and no gi. You're not forced to, but you're training the same way as everyone else anyway and highly encouraged. It is clear rank is involved with competition. Everyone competes in BJJ.

There's usually 2 to 3 guys in each club, including the head coach, that fights MMA.

if you think TCMA should adapt and modernize, then go do that and be happy with your thing. There is no reward in stomping yoru feet and whining like a little b*tch because people like to do forms and qigong..
    You have been misunderstanding me.... TCMA is dead. There is no modernizing.

Also, I do not care or whine over what Kung Fu people do with their time. I only point out that its not fighting, and thus when they comment they are talking from out of their a$$ hole.

FYI I've had offers to purchase forms and lineage by mma clubs that can't get their body of students into the regular sparring and ramped up flow drills.
    Shame on them. Perhaps they aren't successful because they aren't bright.... an organization trying to make it as a fight club turns to you

Why? Because there are a lot of people who aren't into that because there is no goal for them. They don't want to fight amateur level, they don't want to fight pro or semi-pro, they want a martial arts workout and some basic training and continuation.
    This is my overall point: You can't dumb down martial arts. It's not easy and not for everyone and that's why the discipline gets instilled in those who truly walk the path of a martial artist.

Basic training and conditioning? You get that in high school gym class.

You become a black belt level martial artist, an elite athlete, by training and conditioning hard. By doing countless hours of hard drills. Hard sparring. By getting the bloody noses. By breaking your bones and sometimes others by accident.

Organizations, styles as a whole, progress from taking those skills and putting them to the test in competition. Those styles are alive.

Where are they gonna get that if some jerk keeps demanding they go full on and get injured all the time if they really want to learn.
    If they really wanted to learn they would join a boxing, kick boxing, MMA, Judo or BJJ club. Maybe TKD or karate if it's a good school (the previous organizations have quality control built in, due to competition)

Do you think you're doing the people a service that really want to learn by having them do hours of form instead of hours of take down drills? Iron palm training instead of basic live boxing drills? Chi Sau instead of real sparring?

These "students of martial arts" develop a false sense of security, though they know it inside. They live week lives dodging and ditching being their highest selves..... this is also why I will not respond to you further. I don't respect you. You close topics and delete topics that are totally suitable except for your world view.

My posts are not about me or you. They're about week Kung Fu. If you take offense to that, it's because you know you haven't done the fighting I'm talking about. And neither have your students.... if you had, one video post = conversation over. You haven't and won't, because you can't. And that's why you're angry and that's my point.... frustrated cowardly men.
    Last edited by Ray Pina; 02-08-2012 at 11:16 AM.

when i started judo i had a HUGE leg up on people who were new to judo and to martial arts both. no question, simply because of my cma training. the judo club i belong to is no joke, at all. serious competitors, olympic athlete quality head instructor. hell we had a guy come up to train before he went to compete via invitation at abu dhabi...if you know what abu dhabi is then ya...every person that learned i did kungfu was down with it. i was told that i was a natural grappler from the first day of training. i give 100% of that credit to my kungfu training. no question at all in my mind. i know because its my life and my training. this mma vs tma or cma is dead thing is generally from what iv noticed an internet thing. real people training in the gym could not care any less.

for me, the cma training ive had, is quite validated in my eyes as it has helped me tremendously.

HOWEVER!!!

there was still alot of crap i cut out. this is what ray is talking about usually.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    I'm not helping or not helping. I'm writing truth and reality.... aside from the masses of San Da and San Shou fighters who are somehow going unnoticed by the UFC, the traditional version of Chinese Martial Arts, the ones that DON'T train like kickboxing and MMA. The ones that are NOT like Coach Ross's gym, but MORE LIKE the striking foam noodle, lion dancing, drunken form, light chi sau, iron palm but no use, one inch punch to the air, tiaiji push hands, ba gua circle walking types.... all of those! Who aren't fighting anywhere. All the 18 to 35 year old guys training like that and NO pro UFC/MMA fighters..... they can't claim what even TKD can claim. That when used wit proper skill it works against other tough, trained fighters.
    I'm gonna yell so maybe this time you'll pay attention.

Shame on them. Perhaps they aren't successful because they aren't bright.... an organization trying to make it as a fight club turns to you
    Jealous much? LMAO. WE don't see anyone going to you now do we? you had ONE student, how'd that pan out? LMAO.

Kung Fu is dead? yet there are hundreds of thousands of kung fu students around the world. I believe you're just a kung fu hater because you have no culture yourself. i believe you are a bitter betty because you don't have any students. So you run your mouth in a place that contains the very element you claim to hate. its nobody's fault but your own for not being a legend or even famous, how about well known? LMAO. thats your own doing.

you wouldn't be wasting your time on a forum if you were really doing something productive with your MMA schtick. yet you come here to spew your despise for TCMA. still, TCMA continues to thrive regardless of YOU.

Do you think you're doing the people a service that really want to learn by having them do hours of form instead of hours of take down drills? Iron palm training instead of basic live boxing drills? Chi Sau instead of real sparring?
    If people didn't want to learn forms, do lion dancing, or practice weapons they will never get to use in their lives they wouldn't join these kung fu schools. IDIOT.

Most people want to be able to defend themselves. If they wanted to be fighting champions they would indicate that when considering a potential school. even still, the amount of kung fu students worldwide totally eclipses that of MMA world.

But all in all, if TCMA wasn't worth talking about, then you wouldn't be wasting your time with it would you? I don't see the MMA CHAMPS on any kind of forums sounding your your dumb arse so whats that say about you? jajajajaja.

These "students of martial arts" develop a false sense of security, though they know it inside. They live week lives dodging and ditching being their highest selves....
    WTF? is that some wierdo hippy surfer boy mumbo jumbo?

They're about week Kung Fu.
    This is TWICE now that you spelled "WEAK" as WEEK.......and you claim to be a writer?
    Last edited by Snipsky; 02-08-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Jesus studied TCMA.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

anyone read the newest ezine article by leeli

thats the same dude wiz cool c was telling us to watch out for as an up and comming shuai jiao mma fighter...looks like the guy is **** good.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Blog Entries
    Kung Fu is dead? yet there are hundreds of thousands of kung fu students around the world. I believe you're just a kung fu hater because you have no culture yourself. i believe you are a bitter betty because you don't have any students. So you run your mouth in a place that contains the very element you claim to hate. its nobody's fault but your own for not being a legend or even famous, how about well known? LMAO. thats your own doing.

you wouldn't be wasting your time on a forum if you were really doing something productive with your MMA schtick. yet you come here to spew your despise for TCMA. still, TCMA continues to thrive regardless of YOU.
    The only place he'll be a legend is on this forum.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better