Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Lin = The Shaolin Monk?

I think they're also playing the race angle and not just the fact he's undrafted and a bench player. It's everything together, unfortunatley some people play the race card as their only play.

One of his nicknames is Shaolin and he's from Palo Alto, so I like him.

I'm not into basketball at all.

Jeremy Lin planking
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

6 in a row now thanks to a game winning 3 from Lin
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

where is Lin?

Jeremy Lin is moving up in the world to the 20th floor of posh Trump Tower in downtown White Plains.

It's an interesting story.

I find it weird that he went from:

An Asian Basketball star to/ A Chinese basketball star,/ to a Chinese American basketball star/ and now he's Taiwanese Basketball star...

the dude is pretty much american, but reverse racism is always good isn't it? lol

Guy's a good player for a 6' 3" player!

Good enough for the NBA, not sure why people drape all their crap onto him, but I guess that's how it goes in celebrity worship land.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by enoajnin View Post
    It's average for a point guard but it's not an average for regular humans.

Mayweather tweeted that if Lin were a black man, he wouldn't be generating all this news. Mayweather says all black point guards do what Lin does everynight.

However no one has put up the numbers Lin put up in his first eight starts. Not even LeBron James.
    They were interviewing the managers who had either passed Lin up or dropped him from their teams, and they were saying they don't know why they passed up/dropped him; that it's one of those 'undefinable' things. BS. If they were honest, they'd just say they didn't think an Asian guy could play as well as a black guy or a white guy. They judged him on his appearance rather than his abilities or potential abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

An Asian Basketball star to/ A Chinese basketball star,/ to a Chinese American basketball star/ and now he's Taiwanese Basketball star...

the dude is pretty much american, but reverse racism is always good isn't it? lol

Good enough for the NBA, not sure why people drape all their crap onto him, but I guess that's how it goes in celebrity worship land.
    i dont believe in that term...racism is racism...not such nonsense as reverse racism.

Blog Entries
    HOW THE PHUK THIS GET HERE? OFF TOPIC NEEDS TO STAY IN OFF TOPIC.... WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    They were interviewing the managers who had either passed Lin up or dropped him from their teams, and they were saying they don't know why they passed up/dropped him; that it's one of those 'undefinable' things. BS. If they were honest, they'd just say they didn't think an Asian guy could play as well as a black guy or a white guy. They judged him on his appearance rather than his abilities or potential abilities.
    Ain't this the truth. They just never thought an Asian smart guy from Harvard could play ball. in truth actually, in many Asian communities in the USA, Asians do play a lot of basketball .

But if Shaolin warrior monks can play basketball,we all know they would be slam dunking without a problem . Their layups would be Shaolin style all the way with an added acrobatic feat just for kicks.

We all know that NBA is in awe of Shaolin .

Basketball at Shaolin.

When I was at Shaolin, I shot a lot of video of the boys playing basketball at the Wushuguan in the Ancestor's courtyard. They had to drag out the baskets to play. I think it eight on eight.

I've played basketball at Shaolin

Against monks, no less. There weren't any rules per se so you could double-dribble. At that time, and this was long before Yao Ming, China only got basketball highlights, so they didn't really have any sense of the game beyond dribble and shoot.

We played because it reminded us of that great scene in Kentucky Fried Movie where everyone is training and shooting hoops.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    i dont believe in that term...racism is racism...not such nonsense as reverse racism.
    In the possessive sense to the exclusion of other claims and allusions to. It's pedantry, yes. Otherwise I agree.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Attachment 6869

Ch*ink in the Armor!? Should we, Asians, get all hot and heavy over this? C'mon ESPN, you should know better!

We can't even say "Ch*ink" here in this forum, what makes it OK for ESPN?? I dunno but my panties are all in a bunch over this poor choice of words.
    Last edited by ShaolinDiva; 02-18-2012 at 01:58 PM.

I haven't really payed any attention to basketball since "the argument". Turned me right off of the sport. Sad huh.

So was this kid a walk on then?

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

the dude is pretty much American, but reverse racism is always good isn't it? lol

It may be his downfall. Too many expectations can have a very negative effect on a kid. Especially a smart one. Dumb people cope with stress much better than those who can see it more clearly. and Jeremy Lin is apparently a smart guy.