Thread: Tong Long

Tong Long

Last edited by k gledhill; 02-09-2012 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    nice clip...i love the continous motion and flow and how they utilize the curl!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Thanks ! Great clip.

I often brought up the snake engine and the hua Jin fa Jin bows internal Kung stuffs. That is because one needs those stuffs to par with what is present in this clip. When others brought the power generation to one level deeper to play with jin as in the clip above, that is a different world .
    Last edited by Hendrik; 02-09-2012 at 09:02 AM.

See, these videos are actually good because they show a couple of the problems with compliant ( the Northern mantis drills) and "controlled" contact drills ( the Chow gar ones at the beginning).
    You train to have this "killer power" and yet you do not drill unleashing it.
    Add to that you drill in a overly complaint way NOT VS realistic attacks but versus your own systems and ITS way of doing things.
    What you get is untested power and techniques that are based on overly controlled attacks and responses.
    These drills are great at a certain stage of development but can actually hinder a person later on.
    I liked the Chow Gar drill better ( the "live hand" one) but you could see the "infamiliarity" of contact on their faces ( I wouldn't say fear), the way they moved their heads back and lost structure and the way they didn't follow up when actual contact was made.
    Of course they COULD be just beginners but I don't think that is the case.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Theres a difference in sharing techniques and actually dominating your opponent.

Friendly sparring is where you just trade indiviual techniques in a non-dominating way...sorta of a stand off!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"