Thread: Good wing chun clubs in london?

Good wing chun clubs in london?

Hey guys I'm looking to join a wing chun club, Im currently live in east london and looking for a club in the london reigon.

I've been looking around and the clubs I've found are :
    .London Wing Chun Association, Mark Phillips Sifu
    .5 Element Wing Chun, Sifu Tomor B Shala

Any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by deltz View Post
    Hey guys I'm looking to join a wing chun club, Im currently live in east london and looking for a club in the london reigon.

Any recommendations?

Check out The Warehouse Wing Chun Kwoon in Finsbury park Nth london Japan Crescent Sifu Guy Coffie WSL linage Peace

Try Desmond Spencer , South London a real example of WSL PB Fighter ask nicely and he might show you how a wu sao works ....
    Last edited by k gledhill; 02-26-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Try Desmond Spencer , South London a real example of WSL PB Fighter ask nicely and he might show you how a wu sao works ....
    Or maybe since he's described as a fighter he might actually do something other than slap boxing.
    Last edited by Wayfaring; 02-27-2012 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deltz View Post

Any recommendations?
    I know a group that trains in Stratford that may be open to taking in a new recruit. Lee Shing Family (well, of course lol!) if that interests you...

PM me for details.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

My opinion FWIW. Don't go to a wing chun club! You could go to an MMA club like Alan orrs or an MMgay club like Lonetigers. My preference would be des Spencer but according to some on here with all the gear and no idea its slap boxing. Take your pick. If you have a little bit about yourself you will go and visit a few clubs and make your own mind up.

GH

Ps. Try not to get involved in the world of hot air kung fu forums to get an opinion. We all disagree with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    My opinion FWIW.
    Well, I'm sure deltz can make up his own mind after reading your own posts G

With insults like that you should consider returning to the school playground dude because your talent is wasted here
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

For Wing Chun in London you should check out Leo Au Yeung.
    www.chinesekungfu.co.uk
    www.nywingchun.com
    He is one of the fight choreographers for the Ip Man movies, say no more...
    Last edited by thedreamer7; 02-29-2012 at 02:26 PM.

My opinion FWIW. Don't go to a wing chun club! You could go to an MMA club like Alan orrs or an MMgay club like Lonetigers. My preference would be des Spencer but according to some on here with all the gear and no idea its slap boxing. Take your pick. If you have a little bit about yourself you will go and visit a few clubs and make your own mind up.

GH

Ps. Try not to get involved in the world of hot air kung fu forums to get an opinion. We all disagree with each other.
    If your not in London check out Graham

GH

Best to try a few clubs so you get an idea of what people teach and really know about fighting. Then you can make an informed choice.

I'm in St Johns Wood London you are welcome to come and try a class.