Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Qigong FAIL

qigong FAIL

This isn't really qigong. It's just stupid. Nevertheless, I thought I might try to launch a new newsfeed thread here.

STRANGE BUT TRUE Man with “Stab-Proof Abs" Knifed

15:48 14/02/2012
    ROSTOV-ON-DON, February 14 (RIA Novosti)

Police have detained a resident of Russia's Rostov region for stabbing a friend who claimed his "abs" were strong enough to stop any knife thrust, the regional Interior Ministry said in a statement on Tuesday.

The suspect told police that during a party he and a friend decided to experiment with martial arts techniques. “The owner of the home got a big kitchen knife and asked his guest to stab him in the stomach. He refused at first, saying he was afraid he would kill the host. However, the host said that in his childhood he was involved in martial arts and the knife could not penetrate his abs,” the statement said.

Unfortunately, that was not the case. The host finally persuaded his friend to try stabbing him in the stomach, after which he had to be rushed to hospital with a serious stomach wound. The victim told doctors that he slipped and fell on the knife, but the doctors determined it would be impossible to get such an injury from a fall, and called the police.

A criminal case under Article 111 of the Criminal Code (serious bodily injury) was opened. If found guilty, the suspect could face up to eight years in prison.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    This isn't really qigong. It's just stupid. Nevertheless, I thought I might try to launch a new newsfeed thread here.
    Priceless !

Some of the best MA F-ups start this way:
    "...during a party he and a friend..."

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

There's a line to be drawn between the 90-year old TCMA master who can do 100 pushups, and people who think qi can make them fly.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

I feel sorry for his drunken guest that he got arrested.

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Neeros View Post
    I feel sorry for his drunken guest that he got arrested.
    ESPECIALLY since he didn't want to do it, but was basically talked into it after refusing.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Reminds me of the guy in Indonesia or Malaysia, can't recall where, that cut a deep gash in his forearm after doing some qiqong thinking that it would protect him. There's probably still a vid of it somewhere.

This sort of thing takes place when you are drunk. An understanding of gigong might also prevent this sort of thing. Flesh and bone is just that. Hammers, big stones, and sharp blades cut and break these quite easily, and no amount of gigong is going to protect you from that.
    I remember watching a chinese monk doing some of this silly stuff and he was standing with his hands down by his sides when another monk was drawing back with a big board to him him across the skull. Well, the board broke as he drew it back to swing. Well, so much for their gigong demonstration. I can hear him saying to the others. We know it works right? So lets must make sure it goes smoothly and use the broken sticks. Almost all of what we see on TV or on the net is nothing more than parlor tricks that anyone can do.[
    Jackie Lee

Does Pencak Silat call it qigong?

This article had me at 'they took rat poison'
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 04:05 AM
    Four die in extreme martial arts tests
    Yemris Fointuna, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Wed, 02/22/2012 8:21 AM

Four martial arts students have died while attempting to achieve invulnerability in extreme tests in separate incidents in Greater Jakarta, and East Nusa Tenggara.

Two men in Kupang, East Nusa Tenggara died on Tuesday as a vehicle drove over their bodies. A third man remains in critical condition.

The trio, all assistant coaches at the Kera Sakti pencak silat martial arts school, were identified as Ebiridio Sarmento, 20; Elder Cruz, 21; and Abilio Fretes, 18.

The three performed their test at the Noelbaki bus terminal. Witnesses said they first took rat poison and survived.

When none of them fell sick, they proceeded to the next test.

“The three members later proceeded by laying down in the street while some motorcyclists drove over their bodies with their bikes a few times,” a fellow school member, Alberto Amaral, said on Tuesday.

“Nobody got injured,” he added.

The three then decided to allow a four-wheel vehicle carrying dozens of passengers to roll over their bodies.

Their request was granted. However, this time the results were gruesome.

“They screamed when the vehicles passed over their bodies. When the show was over, we found their bodies were crushed,” Alberto said.

Sarmento died at the scene, while Cruz died on the way to hospital.

Fretes is currently in critical condition at a hospital in Kupang.

Kupang Police criminal investigations chief Adj. Comr. Yohanes Kristian Tanau said they had named the school’s leaders, Egidius Sarmento and Antonio Tinto, as suspects.

Officers also took into evidence a car, two motorcycles and rat poison as evidence and were also questioning Brendo, the driver of the vehicle that passed over the men.

In a separate incident on Monday, two pencak silat enthusiasts from Cilincing, North Jakarta — brothers Slalindar Andri Wibowo, 24, and Dedi Supriyadi, 26 — died from severe burns after they were doused with acid in a test of their immunity against weapon attacks.

“[Andri and Dedi] learned to master a weapon-resistant skill. But when acid was poured on them, they were severely injured,” their sister, Lisa Faja Riana, said after viewing their bodies at the Cipto Mangunkusumo Hospital morgue on Tuesday.

Lisa said her brothers and two friends, identified as Oman and Hendra, went to Serang, Banten, on Saturday evening to look for a master who could teach them immunity against weapons.

Banten is famous for a traditional performance called the debus in which a performer demonstrates his invulnerability to weapons and fire.

“Andri told his wife that he went to a prayer gathering to learn religion instead,” Lisa said as quoted by kompas.com.

Lisa said the family was informed about the incident on Sunday evening after one of the victims’ friends called to inform them that the brothers were dead and their bodies were in a hospital in Serang.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    This sort of thing takes place when you are drunk. An understanding of gigong might also prevent this sort of thing. Flesh and bone is just that. Hammers, big stones, and sharp blades cut and break these quite easily, and no amount of gigong is going to protect you from that.
    I remember watching a chinese monk doing some of this silly stuff and he was standing with his hands down by his sides when another monk was drawing back with a big board to him him across the skull. Well, the board broke as he drew it back to swing. Well, so much for their gigong demonstration. I can hear him saying to the others. We know it works right? So lets must make sure it goes smoothly and use the broken sticks. Almost all of what we see on TV or on the net is nothing more than parlor tricks that anyone can do.[
    Then there are cases like Mike Patterson, who has done public demos where guys hammered him in the chest with sledge hammers.....

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    This article had me at 'they took rat poison'
    They didn't do the trick right. You're supposed to dig a four inch deep hollow into the road, lie down in it and have a large plank placed across your chest for the truck tires to roll on.
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

These demonstrations are all nonsense and ego based.

NO super powers will be developed, but when you get older, your quality of life will be better if you haven't forfeited your health.

Vigorous exercise for aged people is not recommended. Qigong, TaiChi, Yoga and bodywork is excellent for maintaining an older body and keeping it supple.

Continuing to do the work of a young person is just pig headed ego.

No shortage of stupid self absorbed people in the world I guess.

"hey look at me! look at me!!!" < this is cute when you're five and pathetic when you're 20+
    Kung Fu is good for you.

look @ me!

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    These demonstrations are all nonsense and ego based.
    Yea, rat poison doesn't work in UFC. That's not the realz.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ttt 4 2013

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

jesus christ