so the past three weeks i haven't lifted at all, due to holidays work and illness.

Made it back today and decided to test my deadlift and bench max's, deadlifts started at 120kg due to not wanting to strip the bar of the clubs 50kg plates (big mistake), worked up to 190kg sumo style, my previous PB, failed 200 three times which really annoyed me, so i asked the gym owner and current master 3 world record holder what i could do to bring my lift up (was thinking rack pulls, cycling lifts ala westside, good mornings box squats etc) he just looked at me and said, "start by coming down more often" Then suggested deadlifting heavy twice a week as well as doing heavy hard wide stance box squats on another day.......simple heavy hard work several times a week, hard to argue with him really and makes it all so simple

Bench worked up to 130kg for a single 5kg less than my PB but shoulder injury felt very good

Also cheered up by the fact everyone else was having trouble deadlifting with the 50kg plates on the bar

So not too bad a day, equalled my DL PB and almost equalled my bench, and some insightful tips from a world class powerlifter about keeping things simple......sometimes i do tend to over think things lol