Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: its really simple

its really simple

so the past three weeks i haven't lifted at all, due to holidays work and illness.

Made it back today and decided to test my deadlift and bench max's, deadlifts started at 120kg due to not wanting to strip the bar of the clubs 50kg plates (big mistake), worked up to 190kg sumo style, my previous PB, failed 200 three times which really annoyed me, so i asked the gym owner and current master 3 world record holder what i could do to bring my lift up (was thinking rack pulls, cycling lifts ala westside, good mornings box squats etc) he just looked at me and said, "start by coming down more often" Then suggested deadlifting heavy twice a week as well as doing heavy hard wide stance box squats on another day.......simple heavy hard work several times a week, hard to argue with him really and makes it all so simple

Bench worked up to 130kg for a single 5kg less than my PB but shoulder injury felt very good

Also cheered up by the fact everyone else was having trouble deadlifting with the 50kg plates on the bar

So not too bad a day, equalled my DL PB and almost equalled my bench, and some insightful tips from a world class powerlifter about keeping things simple......sometimes i do tend to over think things lol

Sometimes we forget the simplicty of progressive resistance training.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

lol true, i also think people tend to forget that foten sheer will power and having good lifters around you is more important than the method you use

1Lb a month = 12 lbs in on year.
    May not seem like much but that is a difference between a 390 DL and a over 400lbs DL.
    Regardless of what method you may use, if you are increasing poundage you are getting stronger.

There may be something to this lifting of heavy stuff...
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    There may be something to this lifting of heavy stuff...
    I hear that people that lift heavy stuff get stronger and can lift heavy stuff, weird eh?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    i hear that people that lift heavy stuff get stronger and can lift heavy stuff, weird eh?
    WRONG!!! LIFTING WAITS MAKES U SLOW AND INFLEXIBLE! YOU DON'T NEED MUSCLES U JUST USE YOUR OPPONENETS STRENGTH AGAINST HIM! LIFT WITH YOUR TENDONS NOT YOUR MUSCLES!!! ALL U NEED IS HORSE STANCE FOR 20 MINUTES A DAY IT GIVES YOU ROOT AND YOUR OPPONENT CANNOT MOVE U!!!! ALSO DO UR FORMS REALLY SLOW IT MAKES U STRONG.

lowercase

(edit - apparently a post in all uppercase is automatically changed to lower case)
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    so the past three weeks i haven't lifted at all, due to holidays work and illness.

Made it back today and decided to test my deadlift and bench max's, deadlifts started at 264.55 pounds due to not wanting to strip the bar of the clubs 110.23 lbs plates (big mistake), worked up to 418.8 lbs sumo style, my previous PB, failed 440.92 lbs three times which really annoyed me, so i asked the gym owner and current master 3 world record holder what i could do to bring my lift up (was thinking rack pulls, cycling lifts ala westside, good mornings box squats etc) he just looked at me and said, "start by coming down more often" Then suggested deadlifting heavy twice a week as well as doing heavy hard wide stance box squats on another day.......simple heavy hard work several times a week, hard to argue with him really and makes it all so simple

Bench worked up to 286.6 lbs for a single 11 lbs less than my PB but shoulder injury felt very good

Also cheered up by the fact everyone else was having trouble deadlifting with the 110.23 lb plates on the bar

So not too bad a day, equalled my DL PB and almost equalled my bench, and some insightful tips from a world class powerlifter about keeping things simple......sometimes i do tend to over think things lol
    I translated your post into American so it makes sense to me

How much do you weigh?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I hear that people that lift heavy stuff get stronger and can lift heavy stuff, weird eh?
    And check this out. I found when I run harder than what I am used to, it gets easier, and I can run even faster!
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

And check this out. I found when I run harder than what I am used to, it gets easier, and I can run even faster!
    Now that's just crazy talk !

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    WRONG!!! LIFTING WAITS MAKES U SLOW AND INFLEXIBLE! YOU DON'T NEED MUSCLES U JUST USE YOUR OPPONENETS STRENGTH AGAINST HIM! LIFT WITH YOUR TENDONS NOT YOUR MUSCLES!!! ALL U NEED IS HORSE STANCE FOR 20 MINUTES A DAY IT GIVES YOU ROOT AND YOUR OPPONENT CANNOT MOVE U!!!! ALSO DO UR FORMS REALLY SLOW IT MAKES U STRONG.

lowercase

(edit - apparently a post in all uppercase is automatically changed to lower case)
    Yeah! The Chinese were wrong. You don't need to spend months lifting heavy things, building cardio, and getting strong! Just learn these forms, which were originally only a hair of a fraction of what the training originally was, and you'll be fine!
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Yeah! The Chinese were wrong. You don't need to spend months lifting heavy things, building cardio, and getting strong! Just learn these forms, which were originally only a hair of a fraction of what the training originally was, and you'll be fine!
    If any one who trained forms entered MMA he would win every fight. Forms contain all the secrets.

Oh wait, I forgot... that kind of stuff is too deadly for the ring.

I guess it's back to lifting weights and doing not-too-deadly-for-the-ring MMA training.

If any one who trained forms entered MMA he would win every fight. Forms contain all the secrets.

I guess it's back to lifting weights and doing not-too-deadly-for-the-ring MMA training.
    I'd recommend some TCMA training, but nobody does TCMA training anymore.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiLKrDWgGYs

I translated your post into American so it makes sense to me

How much do you weigh?
    about 220pounds at the moment, so like i said really bad figures, going to really hit the powerlifting this year to try to increase