Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jeet Kune Do/Kempo Gloves

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Holy ****

I remember when I was a kid, I saw these fingerless gloves that had little spikes on the knuckles. I thought they were the most bad ass thing ever (I was like 8 at the time). Anyway, I tried them on in the store and was like "whoa, you could punch someone with spikes while wearing these!" So I made a fist with my right hand and softly punched my left palm as a test strike. I instantly realized that there was no padding behind the spikes at all and instead you could feel the rough back of the metal pressing into your knuckles. They were 100% decorative and if you actually punched someone with them, you'd probably do more damage to your own hand than to the other person.

I assume those gloves you posted are actually designed for punching.
    Last edited by IronFist; 02-28-2012 at 10:14 AM.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    Holy ****

I remember when I was a kid, I saw these fingerless gloves that had little spikes on the knuckles. I thought they were the most bad ass thing ever (I was like 8 at the time). Anyway, I tried them on in the store and was like "whoa, you could punch someone with spikes while wearing these!" So I made a fist with my right hand and softly punched my left palm as a test strike. I instantly realized that there was no padding behind the spikes at all and instead you could feel the rough back of the metal pressing into your knuckles. They were 100% decorative and if you actually punched someone with them, you'd probably do more damage to your own hand than to the other person.

I assume those gloves you posted are actually designed for punching.
    Yeah, sap gloves are lined with steel or lead.
    It's like being hit by an actual iron fist.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    thanks! After seeing the different angles/views-they have way too many seams-which can cut you.
    yes. thank you.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"