Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CSL Sparring Clip

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by WC1277 View Post
    I know for a fact that Wing Chun "can" look like Wing Chun in real fighting on many different levels. Structure, "sticking", trapping, timing, distance....the whole nine yards. This isn't boasting, just pointing out that I have seen and experienced it first hand.

Sport fighting does not blend with WC strategy and principles very well. There are many contraindications to the system. For example, I have a buddy who I spar with every now and then. I'll play the game with him, attack/withdrawal, because my goal isn't to really hurt him. But every now and then he gets out of hand. In those situations I usually don't withdrawal and end up hurting him because I'll explode into him the way you're supposed to with WC. Sport fighting is playing a game that is not your game, and the irony of it is that while people say that they're pressure testing, it's very obvious they're trying to avoid getting hit. WC doesn't work that way. If you withdrawal on your own without your opponent moving you back for you, you're playing their game, not yours.

Just look at nature to see how animals fight. Almost all of them stay put when fighting and only move back when they are "moved" back....

Most of you will probably think it's easy for me to say this in words and I understand that. But WC isn't for everyone and probably should be for far less people than it already is IMO...
    You are correct. It is far too easy just to be put into words. So where's your proof? Surely you must have many videos illustrating what you are claiming? Oh wait, I forgot. It is probably to deadly to be filmed. My bad. Well then go back to talking. Because we all know talking is a much better training method than sparring with pressure...

Quote Originally Posted by Jake104 View Post
    You are correct. It is far too easy just to be put into words. So where's your proof? Surely you must have many videos illustrating what you are claiming? Oh wait, I forgot. It is probably to deadly to be filmed. My bad. Well then go back to talking. Because we all know talking is a much better training method than sparring with pressure...
    Because surely the writer has to show you a video to convince YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by trubblman View Post
    Because surely the writer has to show you a video to convince YOU.
    No he could show me in person since I am local ..

Quote Originally Posted by WC1277 View Post
    I know for a fact that Wing Chun "can" look like Wing Chun in real fighting on many different levels. Structure, "sticking", trapping, timing, distance....the whole nine yards. This isn't boasting, just pointing out that I have seen and experienced it first hand. . .
    Can you direct us to where you have seen Wing Chun look like Wing Chun in a real fight?
    I know our fighters do the best they can against resisting opponents. We even have a fighter who pulled off a trap and knockout if a fight. But I'd like to see what you were referring to. Also, have you ever competed?
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

No he could show me in person since I am local ..
    Oh really? Where are you?

Oh really? Where are you?
    In the corner . Can't you read? Where are you?

In the corner . Can't you read? Where are you?
    Baltimore, MD

Baltimore, MD
    So why you butting in then tough guy?

So why you butting in then tough guy?
    This is a forum. By definition a forum is a meeting place where people go to discuss things. It is not a private conversation. Therefore I am not butting in. There is a method to send private messages if that is your intent.

This is a forum. By definition a forum is a meeting place where people go to discuss things. It is not a private conversation. Therefore I am not butting in. There is a method to send private messages if that is your intent.
    My mistake it sounded as if you wanted to meet up with me and maybe catch a quick lunch or maybe a movie. Since you were so interested in where I live . Even know it's clearly seen in the upper right hand corner of my posts. My apologies for the misunderstanding . But if you are ever out in my neck of the woods . Please contact me ahead of time so I can see what is playing at my local Harkins. Thank you and have a great day

wc1277
    "Sport fighting does not blend with WC strategy and principles very well"
    Agree. The video is Kick boxing.

Quote Originally Posted by jeetsao View Post
    wc1277
    "Sport fighting does not blend with WC strategy and principles very well"
    Agree. The video is Kick boxing.
    Whoa, just what a person who has never tried their WC against people outside of their Kwoon on a regular basis would say. A "good" Wing Chun man can blend do well in sport fighting. I know I did and so do students in other Wing Chun lineages. Yeah, I know, Wing Chun is too deadly for competitions
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Wow others see what it is clearly. You can fight with vt that looks exactly like you train, I know, crazy talk.

My mistake it sounded as if you wanted to meet up with me and maybe catch a quick lunch or maybe a movie. Since you were so interested in where I live . Even know it's clearly seen in the upper right hand corner of my posts. My apologies for the misunderstanding . But if you are ever out in my neck of the woods . Please contact me ahead of time so I can see what is playing at my local Harkins. Thank you and have a great day
    Jake, you internet warrior, give it up. Anybody can see you're way too cheap to spring for a movie.

BTW, bring your headgear to the park and I'm game to give it a try again. Or if you prefer I'll bring the Escrima gear! --The geez
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

It's rare that you see any real cross martial arts sparring ( including MMA which always seems to devolve into boxing, muay thai and grappling, so that no matter what the practitioners mother art is, all MMA fighters look the same.)
    The reason for what you call "devolution" may be because boxing MT and grappling actually work in the ring, while the others only seem to work in some of the fictional deadly streetfights and chi sao sparring sessions with straw men quoted here.

There's probably a local MMA comp you guys with the "highly evolved" arts can enter. It is open to all stylists. Enter and win, then criticize, otherwise STFU.

Sport fighting does not blend with WC strategy and principles very well
    Roughly translated: The average WC practitioner will get his a$$ kicked up between his shoulder blades by the average sportfighter.

Most of you will probably think it's easy for me to say this in words and I understand that. But WC isn't for everyone and probably should be for far less people than it already is IMO...
    I think WC is for you. It's the best style for making unsubstantiated claims of prowess on the internet.

Nice vid, Alan.
    Last edited by anerlich; 02-18-2012 at 10:20 PM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!