Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wing Chun With MMA Gloves?

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    It's only on this forum where each poster is required to choose a single exclusive sparring method and defend it against all naysayers until their head explodes.
    I prefer frozen fish at 10 paces. Any takers?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    Frozen fish is unrealistic. On da streetz where are you going to get refridgeration, unless you live in Alaska? Floppy fish all the way man. Or sun-dried if you are well prepared. Nothing like sun-dried sardines to show off your fish throwing skills. House of Flying Daggers? Pah!

funny we agree you should use gloves to pressure test, so why exactly are you arguing with me ?.

Im saying that when people say you cant use WC with gloves on they havent really tried it and are using the gloves as a cop out not to pressure test. well thats what I meant atleast.
    Fair enough.

I always liked stabbing the guy with the stuffed marlin, as in some movie whose title escapes me.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    Frozen fish is unrealistic. On da streetz where are you going to get refridgeration, unless you live in Alaska? Floppy fish all the way man. Or sun-dried if you are well prepared. Nothing like sun-dried sardines to show off your fish throwing skills. House of Flying Daggers? Pah!
    Prepare to be slapped with a mackeral.

I think I came back to the wrong forum. Too much sense here. I have never cut any one with the sides of the gloves or the velcro in vt sparing but left some bad burn marks grappling

Wing chun with appropriate practice can be adapted to different contexts...boxing gloves, mma gloves. The context can limit using every tool in the box but wing chun has plenty of tools IMO

joy chaudhuri

I view WC itself as the tool vs. thinking of it in terms of 'having tools'. Eh, maybe that's too deep for a thursday....

And I have experienced the velcro & stitching burn marks on my arms for sparring & bridge work with gloves on. I have a scar on the soft part/palm side of my forearm to show for it.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

The only thing is that the edges of the velcro tabbing around the wrists might cause light lacerations to the face. No big deal really.
    True, but I've had those just from wrestling in a gi. I've just had to learn to live with the occasional transient blemish on my handsome visage.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by bennyvt View Post
    I think I came back to the wrong forum. Too much sense here. I have never cut any one with the sides of the gloves or the velcro in vt sparing but left some bad burn marks grappling
    yep definitely the wrong forum indeed...everyone is agreeing...

we need someone to play devils advocate to keep the thread going...
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"