Hey Bro!
Hitting is only one way of comprising the opponent's structure. a very effective way, but still only one method.
True, but we are talking about chain striking so...

All I am saying is if the opponent adjust, we also adjust our angle accordingly to deal with his adjustment. Fighting is alive always changing from moment to moment, So my position is not fixed, if the opponent adjust his angle to square up to me I adjust as well to keep a positional advantage, being on an angle allows you to read his intent early enough to stay just ahead of him in regards to timing and gaining an advantageous position. This forces the oponent to take the long route, while I take the short root, therefore I am more economical in my movements, moving less but arriving first. One thing I should mention is that this is all going on while I am hitting him multiple times from all different angles as his lines are opening.
As long as you don't assume that your opponent is reacting to you instead of ACTING upon you.

There are lots of tank abbott types out there who can take a good punch. Without angular positioning and timing, even if we have amazing power we will still end up trading with them. In my opinion Boxers are some of the hardest punchers out there, because that's there main area of focus. How many times in a boxing match have you seen boxers exchange punches with little effect on both combatants, Unless it's one in a million like a young Mike Tyson.
For sure, but in a certain way you are making my point and while I agree that angleing if crucial, i maintain my point that all the angles in the world won't save you from getting hit if the opponent isn't "preoccupied" with what you are doing.

Boxers are taught to go in, hit hard and often and get out BECAUSE it is assumed that the other guys is gonna hit back and hit back hard.
WC does NOT advocate the "get in, hit and get out" strategy and this is quite plain in chain striking IMO.