Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Alan Orr Questions 4 - Chain Punching

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Orr View Post
    Back again. You are so f''king sad bro. You must worry so much about your limited views that you feel you need to continued to post and waste people time.
    Alan, I disagree with a wu sao being placed on ones forehead as an angle to intercept a punch to the head immobile, get used to it. Others have agreed with me too...
    Like a goalie at a penalty shot jumping back into the net as the ball is kicked....We cut off the angles of the shooter is all I am saying, a goalie goes at an attack attempting to score to shut down potential angles , intercepting the shooter.
    There is a reason in forms and fighting we don't bring the hands back past a certain point.

Intercepting fist, starts with wu sao.

I'm not sad mate, I just don't agree with you...and this is your standard "I dont understand post"
    Last edited by k gledhill; 02-29-2012 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    You could show us that do WC. I'm willing to learn anything good if you're willing to share. I put myself out there for criticism.
    dont worry phil you dont do the real VT so you wouldnt get it either

And the fact you do put out clips makes you a much better man than some here

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    dont worry phil you dont do the real VT so you wouldnt get it either

And the fact you do put out clips makes you a much better man than some here
    Trolling again....stirring the tea cup
    Last edited by k gledhill; 02-29-2012 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Trolling again....stirring the tea cup
    Pot and kettle

Pot and kettle
    Storm in a tea cup....

Storm in a tea cup....
    full of hot air

we could go all day, lets just leave it at both alan and phil think its important enough to post clips to show what they are talking about...you dont see it as that important (but still like to shout from the gallery)

Alan, I disagree with a wu sao being placed on ones forehead as an angle to intercept a punch to the head immobile, get used to it. Others have agreed with me too...
    Like a goalie at a penalty shot jumping back into the net as the ball is kicked....We cut off the angles of the shooter is all I am saying, a goalie goes at an attack attempting to score to shut down potential angles , intercepting the shooter.
    There is a reason in forms and fighting we don't bring the hands back past a certain point.

Intercepting fist, starts with wu sao.

I'm not sad mate, I just don't agree with you...and this is your standard "I dont understand post"
    Opinion - no problem, disagree - no problem. But you think on and on about something which was not fully explained and not even the point of the clip. You are like a crying baby.

When you spar with real fighters you learn about real fighting. You always need a plan b. What I showed was plan b if you miss what you would like to do. Simple. No big deal. You just don't like hearing anything other that what you do.

full of hot air

we could go all day, lets just leave it at both alan and phil think its important enough to post clips to show what they are talking about...you dont see it as that important (but still like to shout from the gallery)
    Troll.....

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Orr View Post
    Opinion - no problem, disagree - no problem. But you think on and on about something which was not fully explained and not even the point of the clip. You are like a crying baby.

When you spar with real fighters you learn about real fighting. You always need a plan b. What I showed was plan b if you miss what you would like to do. Simple. No big deal. You just don't like hearing anything other that what you do.
    Fine we can agree to disagree then

[QUOTE=Frost;1160655, lets just leave it at both alan and phil think its important enough to post clips to show what they are talking about...you dont see it as that important (but still like to shout from the gallery)[/QUOTE]

This is a very valid point IMO.
    There are WC instructors that believe that SHOWING what they are doing and why is crucial to bridging that "WC bridge" that exists not only between the WC lineages but other MA as well.
    To guys like Phil and Alan I say THANK YOU!
    One can find demo or seminar footage a plenty from various WC instructors but what Phil and Alan ( I speak of them because this thread is Alan's and Phil has commented on this thread) post is not ONLY the tehory of their WC ( which is ALL that demos and seminar footage can show) but the PRACTICAL application of their WC.
    Something that is VERY LACKING from others who are just as vocal and just as prolific posters of videos.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    This is a very valid point IMO.
    There are WC instructors that believe that SHOWING what they are doing and why is crucial to bridging that "WC bridge" that exists not only between the WC lineages but other MA as well.
    To guys like Phil and Alan I say THANK YOU!
    One can find demo or seminar footage a plenty from various WC instructors but what Phil and Alan ( I speak of them because this thread is Alan's and Phil has commented on this thread) post is not ONLY the tehory of their WC ( which is ALL that demos and seminar footage can show) but the PRACTICAL application of their WC.
    Something that is VERY LACKING from others who are just as vocal and just as prolific posters of videos.

Some guys just dont do clips....

Some guys just dont do clips....
    I am not talking about those that don't, I am talking about those that DO.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Good example of application vs developmental

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I am not talking about those that don't, I am talking about those that DO.
    Do you Sanjuro??

It's been a long day and I forget if I have seen you on the Youtube machine!
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Do you Sanjuro??

It's been a long day and I forget if I have seen you on the Youtube machine!
    ------------------------------

He has!!

joy