Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Alan Orr Questions 4 - Chain Punching

Quote Originally Posted by kung fu fighter View Post
    I don't create a bridge, my opponent creates one for me when trying to defend himself against my attacks. When I strike my opponent, he has Basicly 4 options.

1. He does nothing and get hit
    2. His hands or feet comes in contact with mine as he tries to cover up, block, or reach for my limbs.
    3. He evades my line of attack
    4. he strikes back

He may counter strike you

He may take you down

He takes your balance

He controls you and puts you into a submission

Lots of things can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Orr View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ZnIVhighInU

Filmed a load of clips this week.

This one is on chain punching.

best Alan
    Good vidoe,good information
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

Alan have you trained VT knives yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by stonecrusher69 View Post
    Good vidoe,good information
    Thanks, more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Alan have you trained VT knives yet ?
    Of course, I been training wing chun for 25 years now. I'm not that slow. I have also learn 4 different sets as my teacher knows many sets and likes to show us the CSL set but also others so we know pros and cons of different styles and systems.

Why do you ask?
    Last edited by Alan Orr; 02-25-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Of course, I been training wing chun for 25 years now. I'm not that slow. I have also learn 4 different sets as my teacher knows many sets and likes to show us the CSL set but also others so we know pros and cons of different styles and systems.

Why do you ask?
    Do you spar with knives ?

Do you spar with knives ?
    Yes my teacher Robert Chu is very skilled with wing chun weapons as well other Chinese and Japanese and also lucky enough to be weapon trained by Guro Mark Wiley as well.

http://www.alanorr.co.uk/htdocs/eskr...0synopsis.html

Guro Mark is a master with blades. I also studied Aikido, Kenjutsu, Judo, Iaijutsu.

So yes I spar and train with wing chun blades plus many others. Again why do you ask?

I just dont see a tactical VT correlation in your clips...... you always allow yourself to be wailed on front and center to prove your demo hypothesis and then rely on a stand and trade approach with 'tan bong' and tomahawk wu sao without any motion or mention to recover a lost line, bad line, or countering line of incoming force, instead you choose to hold tight....?

I just dont see a tactical VT correlation in your clips...... you always allow yourself to be wailed on front and center to prove your demo hypothesis and then rely on a stand and trade approach with 'tan bong' and tomahawk wu sao without any motion or mention to recover a lost line, bad line, or countering line of incoming force, instead you choose to hold tight....?
    I think I show lots of tactical wing chun. When you spar with good fighters you can't just move to the side and change lines at will or chain punch while they stand still. Anyway this clip and it was just one clip was about why you can't stand and chain punch as often seen in lots of VT demos in fact. I think you can see at about 3.00 in that I take my opponents balance and turn him to control the side position countering coming force with my structure control. We don't always do anything, all depends on many things. Not sure why you are always looking for something missing. lol Its just one clip and for one clip I think it shows enough. It was aimed at one problem not the whole system in 4 mins. We have structure power so when we take the centre we can turn the opponent rather that need to step out, which we may also do if needed.

Blades have different ranges and different protocols as well. Some stuff relates to empty hands and some does not. Spar with no head guards and post the clip I like to see your tactical VT. Thats not a big ask is it? Then maybe we can see you point.
    Last edited by Alan Orr; 02-25-2012 at 02:26 PM.

I think I show lots of tactical wing chun. When you spar with good fighters you can't just move to the side and change lines at will or chain punch while they stand still. Anyway this clip and it was just one clip was about why you can't stand and chain punch as often seen in lots of VT demos in fact. I think you can see at about 3.00 in that I take my opponents balance and turn him to control the side position countering coming force with my structure control. We don't always do anything, all depends on many things. Not sure why you are always looking for something missing. lol Its just one clip and for one clip I think it shows enough. It was aimed at one problem not the whole system in 4 mins. We have structure power so when we take the centre we can turn the opponent rather that need to step out, which we may also do if needed.
    I have seen your clips and there are many so we can agree to disagree. good luck.

I have seen your clips and there are many so we can agree to disagree. good luck.
    Yes I think you say the same thing each time I post. We disagree, we already know that. that's no problem. If you are going to keep asking me the same thing then you really need to answer my same question. Post your sparring and give us examples.

Blog Entries
    He may counter strike you

He may take you down

He takes your balance

He controls you and puts you into a submission

Lots of things can happen.
    These all fall into the 4 categories that i mentioned above

For him to take you down, he has make some kind of contact before taking you down, thus bridging

for him to take your balance, he has to bridge or make some kind of contact

for him to control you and put you in some kind of submission, he has to make some kind of contact to set it up such as taking you down and getting into position. but having done BJJ and Wrestling i understand ground fighting is a whole new ball game. But i am specificly referring to stand up fighting which wing chun is designed for.
    Last edited by kung fu fighter; 02-25-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kung fu fighter View Post
    These all fall into the 4 categories that i mentioned above

For him to take you down, he has make some kind of contact before taking you down, thus bridging

for him to take your balance, he has to bridge or make some kind of contact

for him to control you and put you in some kind of submission, he has to make some kind of contact to set it up such as taking you down and getting into position. but having done BJJ and Wrestling i understand ground fighting is a whole new ball game. But i am specificly referring to stand up fighting which wing chun is designed for.
    For sure, but that's a lot of different things that can happen from the bridge contact. The counter punch is a big fight changer.

Yes I think you say the same thing each time I post. We disagree, we already know that. that's no problem. If you are going to keep asking me the same thing then you really need to answer my same question. Post your sparring and give us examples.
    That's because I see the same ambiguous "Why you cant see my WC..." clips being made to 'explain ' why only YOU can see it along with your tomahawk wu-sao stuck in your forehead...

We see more than you give us credit for ....
    Last edited by k gledhill; 02-25-2012 at 04:14 PM.

That's because I see the same ambiguous "Why you cant see my WC..." clips being made to 'explain ' why only YOU can see it along with your tomahawk wu-sao stuck in your forehead...

We see more than you give us credit for ....
    Well you don't seem to see much as you miss all the important points and try to focus on areas outside of the clips and then try to have a dig about the areas you don't understand. Then you never answer my questions and never post any clips. No big deal to me. The feedback on my clips has been excellent. I don't know why you are so worried about what I do.