Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Alan Orr Questions 4 - Chain Punching

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Orr View Post
    Well you don't seem to see much as you miss all the important points and try to focus on areas outside of the clips and then try to have a dig about the areas you don't understand. Then you never answer my questions and never post any clips. No big deal to me. The feedback on my clips has been excellent. I don't know why you are so worried about what I do.
    Well as long as you're happy Alan....may the tomahawk wu sao on your forehead work for you rotflmao I swear I thought you were trying to stifle a laugh when you said "this is wu-sao" , but you did well to keep a straight face .

I dont post clips, maybe I will try.... I make many clips for instruction , basic pak sao, jut ideas, but its for my students not the general public.
    Last edited by k gledhill; 02-25-2012 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Well as long as you're happy Alan....may the tomahawk wu sao on your forehead work for you rotflmao I swear I thought you were trying to stifle a laugh when you said "this is wu-sao" , but you did well to keep a straight face .

I dont post clips, maybe I will try....
    Its a shame to have a limited mind and are only be able to try to poke fun. Your view is not important to me at all. I understand my wing chun worries your views, so put you dummy back in and you will be just fine.

Its a shame to have a limited mind and are only be able to try to poke fun. Your view is not important to me at all. I understand my wing chun worries your views, so put you dummy back in and you will be just fine.
    Look if I thought a 'tomahawk' wu-sao in my forehead would work, I would be right next to you...My views ? I didn't reinvent Ving Tsun and make clips to explain why it looks so much like boxing now, but, er ...isn't, its really cleverly disguised CSL.
    True to fashion if guys dont agree with you they have a challenged IQ.

A tomahawk wu at my forehead to you, it could be the start of a new cool school salute

Look if I thought a 'tomahawk' wu-sao in my forehead would work, I would be right next to you...My views ? I didn't reinvent Ving Tsun and make clips to explain why it looks so much like boxing now, but, er ...isn't, its really cleverly disguised CSL.

A tomahawk wu at my forehead to you, it could be the start of a new cool school salute
    Wing Chun is a chinese boxing art. Martial arts when trained in a real way still grow. We are not stuck with just training drills. True too fashion? I have had guys agree or disagree, no problem. I dislike it when fools try to make fun as they have nothing else they can say. CSL has been tested and is used by fighters in the modern world. Where not talking about back in the day when no one can remember or when stories can grow into epic battles lol.

I understand whenever I post a clip you start with you BS to take away the fact that you don't understand it so don't want others to like it. I post the clips so people can just chat and talk about wing chun development. Oh sorry you are not into that. fine, then why all the noise?

Wing Chun is a chinese boxing art. Martial arts when trained in a real way still grow. We are not stuck with just training drills. True too fashion? I have had guys agree or disagree, no problem. I dislike it when fools try to make fun as they have nothing else they can say. CSL has been tested and is used by fighters in the modern world. Where not talking about back in the day when no one can remember or when stories can grow into epic battles lol.

I understand whenever I post a clip you start with you BS to take away the fact that you don't understand it so don't want others to like it. I post the clips so people can just chat and talk about wing chun development. Oh sorry you are not into that. fine, then why all the noise?
    I agree VT fighters are in constant conditioning.

Why the noise ? because I saw a clip of a guy with a wu sao on his forehead blocking a guy who was standing in front of him punching with 2 free hands

Why the noise ? because I saw a clip of a guy with a wu sao on his forehead blocking a guy who was standing in front of him punching with 2 free hands
    Its funny over a 1,000 people have watched the clip already and I have had endless emails and posts on facebook from people saying they really liked it and it has helped the face of wing chun in the martial arts. And then we have you. LOL

Why the noise ? because I saw a clip of a guy with a wu sao on his forehead...
    Dang, I'm so retarded. I don't have a clue as to what you're talking about. What "wu-sau on his forehead..."? All I saw was Alan demonstrating some stuff that made a lot of sense to me. Sorry.
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Grumblegeezer View Post
    Dang, I'm so retarded. I don't have a clue as to what you're talking about. What "wu-sau on his forehead..."? All I saw was Alan demonstrating some stuff that made a lot of sense to me. Sorry.

He is upset as what I have talked about in terms of chain punching is different to his view. So he is trying to make light of it, so we forget that if what I have shown is to be true then his ideas may not be quite right.

When I posted this clip which explains why a few things we do differently - he then said its not the same as how he sees wing chun - lol yes thats what the clip is about - a different vie point. So I don't know why he is posting anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phown...eature=related
    Last edited by Alan Orr; 02-25-2012 at 07:43 PM.

He is upset as what I have talked about in terms of chain punching is different to his view. So he is trying to make light of it, so we forget that if what I have shown is to be true then his ideas may not be quite right.

When I posted this clip which explains why a few things we do differently - he then said its not the same as how he sees wing chun - lol yes thats what the clip is about - a different vie point. So I don't know why he is posting anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phown...eature=related
    Not upset at all Alan, just having a laugh

Not upset at all Alan, just having a laugh
    Seriously Kev, whats to laugh at if it works?

I don't do LG's or AO's kind of wing chun. But form is for development prior to application where relevant variations arise. If the wu is trained properly - with springy joint work- it can do things
    at various levels and angles.

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    I don't do LG's or AO's kind of wing chun. But form is for development prior to application where relevant variations arise. If the wu is trained properly - with springy joint work- it can do things
    at various levels and angles.

joy chaudhuri
    Agreed, Wing Chun is not a dead art in the right hands.

You make a lot of and poke a lot of fun at the wu sau adaptation which is really nothing more than a mma adaptation of the inner hand to cover strikes. Boxers and MT fighters cover similarly with the hand touching the head. Why do they do this? Because it presents more structure against a hard hitting punch than hanging a hand out in space with a collapsed elbow, which is only going to work against slap fighting attacks.

What is the purpose of wu sau? Of the inner hand? To pick up what passes the outer hand mun sau, to "hand off" from the outer hand to the inner hand, to present a secondary front for defending attacks from entering your space, to be the "inner gate". Does the wu hand traditionally contact the head? No, but against a powerful strike the additional structure may be necessary to deflect the power of the attack. A hard strike can collapse a hand in to the point where you are getting hit by your own hands if you don't defend it properly. How it plays out is one punch in a combo is hard enough to collapse in on you, then the 2nd and 3rd combos already have you on the run and do more damage. This is what it is like sparring against a pro boxer for example. Unless your defense is very tight you're going to be on the run.

What this shows me about you is that you never spar with strikes that have enough power to knock someone out. That proves pretty true by all the YouTube stuff I see which more resembles middle school slap fights than full power striking matches.

If your whole system is built around ideals like that then it is going to fold under pressure when you are really getting hit hard.

If people can't find the ingenuity to look beyond traditionalism and can only see to the point of rejecting a concept if it "looks like boxing" and can't broaden their viewpoints to apply WC in other scenarios then WC is doomed to die out as an art IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    You make a lot of and poke a lot of fun at the wu sau adaptation which is really nothing more than a mma adaptation of the inner hand to cover strikes. Boxers and MT fighters cover similarly with the hand touching the head. Why do they do this? Because it presents more structure against a hard hitting punch than hanging a hand out in space with a collapsed elbow, which is only going to work against slap fighting attacks.

What is the purpose of wu sau? Of the inner hand? To pick up what passes the outer hand mun sau, to "hand off" from the outer hand to the inner hand, to present a secondary front for defending attacks from entering your space, to be the "inner gate". Does the wu hand traditionally contact the head? No, but against a powerful strike the additional structure may be necessary to deflect the power of the attack. A hard strike can collapse a hand in to the point where you are getting hit by your own hands if you don't defend it properly. How it plays out is one punch in a combo is hard enough to collapse in on you, then the 2nd and 3rd combos already have you on the run and do more damage. This is what it is like sparring against a pro boxer for example. Unless your defense is very tight you're going to be on the run.

What this shows me about you is that you never spar with strikes that have enough power to knock someone out. That proves pretty true by all the YouTube stuff I see which more resembles middle school slap fights than full power striking matches.

If your whole system is built around ideals like that then it is going to fold under pressure when you are really getting hit hard.

If people can't find the ingenuity to look beyond traditionalism and can only see to the point of rejecting a concept if it "looks like boxing" and can't broaden their viewpoints to apply WC in other scenarios then WC is doomed to die out as an art IMO.
    Very nice post. Clear well written and to the point.
    Last edited by Alan Orr; 02-26-2012 at 03:36 PM.

What you two show me is that you dont understand wu sao. You can agree with each other , rant [wayfaring] and show clips of guys kickboxing [alan], it doesnt change the fact that WU sao has a specific role AND position.
    I have no care whether you give 2 sh*ts
    Last edited by k gledhill; 02-11-2013 at 05:15 PM.