Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jim Uglow...kung fu tourist...not!!

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    Never heard of him.
    He's oft confused with Franklin McCarthy.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Blog Entries
    He's oft confused with Franklin McCarthy.
    ahhhh I see. Hopefully one day he will arrive from his confusion.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by Chris m View Post
    The Hung Gar kwoon in Liverpool is run by students of the late Jimmy Chan, also si-baak to our kwoon, Chan si-baak gave my teacher a lot of support when he was starting out.....same roots. I'm not sure about Scotland, but there are plenty of Hung Gar kwoons in London....Lau and Lum Jo lineages are represented...

As for tournaments we used to enter, but always got disqualified....so we stopped bothering....occasionally we demo at SENI, but I always try to miss it coz its not my thing.....and I am crap and dont want to put people off their lunch...

There are several lines that came from Jimmy Chan in Liverpool. Some more well known than others. Apart from George Ho who was partly via Lum Jo? I never met Jimmy Chan but heard from several sources that he was a good man.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris m View Post
    As for tournaments we used to enter, but always got disqualified....so we stopped bothering....occasionally we demo at SENI, but I always try to miss it coz its not my thing.....and I am crap and dont want to put people off their lunch...
    Doesn't Sifu Uglow have a Lion dance team?? I just thought you may be at The Martial Arts Show in May
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Then again, I have also heard many negative things about the infamous Jeremy Lau!! Not that I judge anyone without meeting them myslef...
    really well like a lot of successful people he has his dis tractors, are what you heard in relation to his art or his business practises

It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Blog Entries
    But i can try to smoke them LOLOLOL
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Yep I have met James a number of times and I have seen the two names linked before.

As always! But you're correct too as he is currently representing Sifu Kwok and Ip Ching according to some sources.

I feel I should re-state that I understand where Chris m is coming from because I wouldn't expect someone like this to be representative of the entire spectrum of Chinese Martial Arts. That's a hard job, and I would prefer to see someone who can sit on 'neutral ground' rather than attached to a particular system.

Maybe even the posturing Shabir was doing in his photos were of Lau Gar and not Hung Kuen?? Then again, I have also heard many negative things about the infamous Jeremy Lau!! Not that I judge anyone without meeting them myslef...
    It's Jeremy Yau.
    Tung Kong Hakka Chow Gar Naam Pai Tong Long

http://www.youtube.com/user/dmas5animals

My only problem with that MAI guy wasn't to do with a teacher from one particular style talking about all different Chinese styles, having spent some of my youth-long ago now-practising both Wing Chun and Lau Gar nearly eight years combined, I think it would've been a good idea for him to do it...my problem with it was this...WHY, if you are supposedly a "kung fu consultant" would you have two magazine covers-the Hung Gar pose and then a Tai Chi posed cover with the look of a guy taking the p##s???...my teacher rang the MAI editor after the 2nd cover....coz that was both styles he loves and teaches (yes for money..shock horror mcpeanut) seemingly being dissed....if your a kung fu consultant show respect to kung fu.
    Last edited by Chris m; 03-04-2012 at 11:02 PM.

Yo Spencer

Yeah we have a lion dance troupe, and we do sometimes demo at these shows, but I dont usually oay much attention to them coming up....I turn up to the kwoon and get told to go for a lion dance, no time to prepare....as long as there's a beer it's cool...

I saw this.

http://www.woma.tv/movies/4Z/jim-ugl...-hung-gar.html

Go to the part 07.25 onwards on the time. Who's he talking about? Chris Crudelli from Mind, Body and Kickass moves? Was on about that time in '07 I think. Ironically on the same web page there was an Amazon advertisement for Mind, Body and Kickass moves if I'm right?

Sorry about the link being off, it should work now.
    Last edited by Martialphoto; 03-07-2012 at 11:36 AM.

12. Great question. Now to wait for a reply. What was that Mercer? Playing secretary again for your astute businessman teacher of yours? You are nothing in the martial world. You are just a lowly student with poor skills.

Chris, you are the FAKE kung fu man with no skills. Zappones video was a joke. He has NO kung fu. HAHHAHHA. You have NO status in the KFu world.

Your forum is the biggest joke on the web. It just shines a **** poor light on your school and makes your teacher look bad as he allows your continued slander. Its you and a few others that are trying to cause a rift between lineages. I am tired of hearing you slander Lum Jo and all his students.

Why did you slam your teachers Si Hing then remove the slanderous posts in your forum? HAHHAHAA, more things you need to hide and skew. The truth is out there and your forums prove to the world that you are nothing but pathetic whiners. Good riddance.

Eh Mercer, remember when you wrote this on the comments of the below video? No wonder your school removed all the comments... Pathetic cowards.

i aint going to run after you, you want a beating come to the school and then after i batter you, my teacher can give you medical assisstance. If you like hanging around parks thats coz its where you take it in your ass isnt it?
    Let ne know when you summon the courage to come to the school you continue to impune and i will give you directions to get there....if i can stop laughing? at a fake "kung fu" joke like you!!
    bye bye twat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVEFhWgpfUc

Lee Yun Fook teaches Lion Dancing and is not a lineage holder. Asshat.

Here you go again challenging me again trying to make yourself look all badass. You are a pathetic coward and you know it.
    Last edited by SouthernGungFu; 03-28-2012 at 01:50 PM.

I cant get it to play...but if someone doesnt rate Crudelli so what.....I never heard of him before that series or after the second series..I didnt like either one but as he didnt pose on any covers taking the **** out of Hung Gar he is on no consequence to me...
    the guy states below that my teacher has burned his last bridge in HK....not true there is no problems with the family, Lee Yun Fook is coming to our kwoon in June (would he come if bridges had been burned mpeanutt??)....but why if your talking about that other student did he suddenly fly off to HK for the first time in 20 years, make a fuss about a family dinner, the one that happens monthly anyway?
    Last edited by Chris m; 03-28-2012 at 07:24 AM.

14. plays fine for me.

Here is a interesting read from POPSJNR- Mercer as he attacks his teachers Si Hing. POPSJNR - Chris M wrote a couple threads about this on their forums but that have been deleted. He also states his teacher went to HK late Nov and was working on those family statements that promised. Looks like their attack backfired as no family statements were ever and will never be produced as they just burned their last bridge with HK. Not to smart on their part. (this is the thread that got POPSJNR - Chris M banned from their forums twice thus setting the foundation for POPSJNR - Chris M's own forums. The one they post their grievances that nobody cares about. on the page of the link, take note of what a certain classmate of Chris M writes on his You Tube channel. Its the same gut in the video above.

http://naamkyun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=888

Chris Mercer wrote a long diatribe about this thread in his forums. A week later it was taken down and hidden from the world. He was instructed by his teacher not to slander his teachers Si Hing so POOF it vanished. Too bad he cannot wipe clean the posts on the forum. Where is the family statement he was whining about? He just simply cannot provide one and therefore removed the slanderous post. Plus it made his teacher loose face.

Cool, lets see those family statements finally. Signed, stamped dated and original documents when your visitor arrives.
    Last edited by SouthernGungFu; 03-27-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charp choi View Post
    It's Jeremy Yau.
    Sorry for that, I must have been in a 'Lau' Gar frame of mind when I posted
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術