Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Uglow...kung fu tourist...not!!

Jim Uglow...kung fu tourist...not!!

I read in a recently closed thread, a user trying to claim my teacher, Jim Uglow, was a kung fu tourist. A term our kwoon coined to describe people who go to HK for a holiday..and return calling themselves si-fu...a worryingly growing trend.

I thought I would join to set the record straight.

My teacher, long before he went to HK to learn from Chan Hon Chung in1985, began Hung Gar in the mid-70's with a private Chinese si-fu, learning one to one 5 days a week-4 hours EVERY morning plus a public class in the evening...

It was his original si-fu who told Jim to go to Chan si-gung in the first place, if Jim wanted the full system...how different from all the si-fus nowadays that cant admit to not knowing everything eh??

Respect to Spencer who stepped into the other "debate, your welcome to our kwoon, coz you are a proper kung fu man...and you're right questioning that guy's maturity....
    Last edited by Chris m; 02-23-2012 at 11:23 AM.

I don't think anyone here took any of that stuff seriously. Sounded like a guy with an axe to grind, to me.

At any rate, berating people's Sifus, unless they are blatantly involved in criminal or unethical activity, is in poor taste. It's also talking behind someone's back, which is also in poor taste.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

I closed that thread because it was not going anywhere productive.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Character attack and defend posts are usually regarded as Hokey and lame.

If people can't speak for themselves and can't contain or won't contain their students, then the whole lot wind up looking like a pile of boiled cabbage that's been sitting in the rain.

Just sayin...
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris m View Post
    Respect to Spencer who stepped into the other "debate, your welcome to our kwoon, coz you are a proper kung fu man...
    Respects to you all too, but I'm not sure I fit the 'proper kung fu man' label just yet lol!! There are some here who would strongly disagree!!

I just like to give honest opinion, epsecially when I see negative things being said about somebody in the UK I have actually met and know a little about.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Hi

Hey Chris m, I don't suppose you're the guy who wrote into a Uk MA mag, MAI I think a good few years ago perhaps around 2004? No disrespect just interested.

Yeah I did write to MAI years ago, bout some cover guy appearing to take the p##s out of Hung Gar, for no apparent reason-was supposed to be their new kung fu consultant and there he was disrespecting another kung fu style....just asked why that was acceptable.

Ps Spencer you sound like a guy, who if he has beef with someone, as the guy who started that other thread clearly does, would walk up to the guy and deal with it man to man...a proper kung fu guy....not an armchair see-thru..
    Last edited by Chris m; 02-28-2012 at 12:34 PM.

8. An astute businessman's poor student just challenged me to a fight. Chris Mercer has the biggest mouth.

He visits HK here and there throughout the year (a tourist) brings back things he has learned in HK. Charges his students to learn those forms/ideas. Has his name attached to schools in 5 countries. He sells DVD's of the forms he learned in HK. Oh, I forgot he also charges for seminars!!! And you have the balls to call others astute businessmen? Pot calling the kettle black.

He now has a Forum in his name while his students try to make a name for themselves by attacking others.

And now shows videos of the Lau family correcting his teachers teachings!!! Not jealous one bit Mercer. Just tells me that you needed proper training from the start. True Orthodox training huh? Lets bring in another lineage for 'variations'. What a joke from a pathetic coward.

You are a black eye to the martial arts.

Here is a post by Chris Mercer - Popsjnr (Zappones running dog) challenging me to a fight who challenged who??? I did not run away. There you go skewing the facts like you do with everything else. What a COWARD.

Oh Wodger you get so angwy dont you...poor baby dont cry!! Does your nappy need changing have you **** YOURSELF??
    Dont like the replies dont send me emails then you ****ing *****.? Who the **** do you think you are?? If you want trouble you **** come to our club and i will spark you out!!
    Unit 11 Kimberley Works
    1st floor Billet Road Walthamstow
    London E17 5DZ
    I will be there tonight 20:00hrs you dont come then your just a coward aint you?? Can? you see how scared I am eh??
    But you wont do that coz your a cowardly chicken**** **** arent you???...as for sucking **** I leave that to you...bet you LOVE the taste of man-fat eh??
    **** off and die *****

He challenged me to a fight at his school in England but refused to purchase me a flight and room and board. Coward. OOOHH MERCER you are so brave...NOT

"Internet challenges are purely for chicken shiet poosies. that is all." HAHHAHHAHHAA Mercer is a CHICKEN SHIET. (this was on the comments of this video, but they removed all the comments, didnt want to make the school look bad with their shiny new forum)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVEFhWgpfUc
    Last edited by SouthernGungFu; 03-27-2012 at 08:25 PM.

Read my teacher's Hung Kuen history, , yeah I know it's you. As for challenging people you challenged me to a fight on naamkyun.com, you told me you were flying to England to MAKE me apologise, but when I publicly on the same forum accepted, you ran
    Last edited by Chris m; 03-28-2012 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Personal name removed.

seems to me there's alot of NUTTS in this peanut gallery. People who issue internet challenges instead of just showing up at their school and handle things like real martial artists give martial arts especially kung fu a black eye.

Internet challenges are purely for chicken shiet poosies. that is all.

Spot on snipsky...

**** as for my teacher charging for lessons and seminars (SHOCK HORROR)...does your teacher charge for these or does he give it away free???if the answer is...yes he charges....what is your point??? Grow up....your pathetic rants about my teacher on various forums just demonstrates what a little nerd you are.
    Last edited by Chris m; 03-28-2012 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Personal name removed

Enough guys.
    It seems that all you guys do is post to argue with each other.
    Enough.

FYI, If you are going to use a person's name, be sure it IS that person AND that you have their permission.

Blog Entries
    FYI, If you are going to use a person's name, be sure it IS that person AND that you have their permission.
    CENSORSHIP!!!!!!! LMAO
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    CENSORSHIP!!!!!!! LMAO
    This isn't a democracy, you guys keep forgetting that, LOL !