Thread: Crashing porcelain action figures by Martin Klimas

Crashing porcelain action figures by Martin Klimas

Follow the link for more pix. I only cherry-picked a few I liked most.
    crashing porcelain action figures by martin klimas

german photographer martin klimas created the series 'porcelain figurines'. the collection of images were captured just as each of the fragile objects hit the ground after being dropped from a height of 9.8 feet. the artist was able to take the photos by wiring his camera in such a way that the sound each figurine made as they touch the ground tripped the device's shutter release. in addition to the dynamic quality observed in the pose of each porcelain action character, by dropping the objects, klimas is able to enhance the sense of liveliness through the shard-constructed elongation of each figure's form.

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

These are brilliant!

Heh, found these a long time ago...I have used many for avatars. The tai chi woman I've used on Facebook
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

I sadly just learned of these. One was posted on a blog review of a recent book on Martial arts history. Mr. Klimas' work is breathtaking. I'd love to get high quality prints of these.