Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alan Orr Questions 5 Where is Tan, Bong Sau in Sparring

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    Wu Sao means guarding/protecting hand. You can "protect" high/low. The strike was at his head so he "protected". You can't write a novel if you use the alphabet from A-Z sequence. You have to mix the letters up. Likewise, you can't expect a live fight to have perfect hand positions like in the forms.

Phil, I agree 100%

http://www.fightstartv.com/videos/pe...el-kickboxing/

Red shorts

This is my guy Pete in action a few ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Orr View Post
    http://www.fightstartv.com/videos/pe...el-kickboxing/

Red shorts

This is my guy Pete in action a few ago.
    Days, weeks, months??

Says he's from the Semtex gym Alan, does he cross train with you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Days, weeks, months??

Says he's from the Semtex gym Alan, does he cross train with you guys?
    sorry weeks ago

Pete has been training with me for the last 2 years and on and off before that. You can see him controlling the fight with his structural power and using cutting punching and many of the things I teach.

Pete now works at Semtex and teaches MMA at their gym, so he is now also part of their team as well as the Iron Wolves (my team). Semtex is an excellent gym with lots of fighters for Pete to teach.

Pete is one of my main sparring partners now days as well.

I keep forgetting to get an Iron Wolves patch!

sorry weeks ago

Pete has been training with me for the last 2 years and on and off before that. You can see him controlling the fight with his structural power and using cutting punching and many of the things I teach.

Pete now works at Semtex and teaches MMA at their gym, so he is now also part of their team as well as the Iron Wolves (my team). Semtex is an excellent gym with lots of fighters for Pete to teach.

Pete is one of my main sparring partners now days as well.

I keep forgetting to get an Iron Wolves patch!
    Thanks Alan
    Yes, you can see him "imposing" his structure on the other guy... nicely done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9mT...Oj81qDAdVKPxea

Question 5 in my Q & A series - Where is Tan, Bong Sau in Sparring

best Alan
    Bru, it seems like you are reinventing the wheel. Notice the following clip - Filipino Panantukan. And Here Why try to invent a solution when one already exists?
    Last edited by trubblman; 02-26-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trubblman View Post
    Bru, it seems like you are reinventing the wheel. Notice the following clip - Filipino Panantukan. And Here Why try to invent a solution when one already exists?
    This nothing like what we do. What we do is about the body structure not so much the hand positions as such. I will post some clips about that later.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Thanks Alan
    Yes, you can see him "imposing" his structure on the other guy... nicely done
    Thanks, he did a great job. This was the week after winning UK1 Belt as well!

Pics from win the week before

http://combatartsathleticassocation.blogspot.com/

This nothing like what we do. What we do is about the body structure not so much the hand positions as such. I will post some clips about that later.
    Actually it resembles somewhat of what Dan Inosanto is doing but he is more fluid. I see you mention structure but it's one of those words like centerline that everyone uses in wing chun but its meaning varies from lineage to lineage and even person to person. What i see is your partner standing still and allowing you to press him.
    Last edited by trubblman; 02-26-2012 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trubblman View Post
    Actually it resembles somewhat of what Dan Inosanto is doing but he is more fluid. I see you mention structure but it's one of those words like center line that everyone uses in wing chun but its meaning varies from lineage to lineage and even person to person.
    Yes of course. That's why I will do come clips to show the difference. We use our body weight rather than just the arm movement to control and redirect the blow.

I meant street boxing...not really street fighting. In my opinion there is a discernable difference.

But if it works for you have at it...I just see that the Way you wu, tan and bong goes out of the structure. Because The WC structure is different than the way your presenting. The way your guarding or utilizing the WC principles is a different egine to me...you utilize more of the boxing body structure...its an inclose boxing structure but not really wing chun in my opinion...But if it works for you have at it...

Yes I agree, my wing chun is different. But in terms of street fighting - What I am showing works in both, but on the street I have more tools as well. These are very small clips, so again don't hang on what I say it all depends on many things.
    Again you are talking as if I said that's what I do all the time. We don't just cover as our first call, also we are not just covering anyway. Nothing is so simple.

The clips are to give an idea of a different way of looking at application.
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    I meant street boxing...not really street fighting. In my opinion there is a discernable difference.

But if it works for you have at it...I just see that the Way you wu, tan and bong goes out of the structure. Because The WC structure is different than the way your presenting. The way your guarding or utilizing the WC principles is a different egine to me...you utilize more of the boxing body structure...its an inclose boxing structure but not really wing chun in my opinion...But if it works for you have at it...
    This is your opinion then all cool. But this is wing chun as I have been training wing chun 25 years. CSL Wing Chun is a complete system. This is our Wing Chun Chinese Boxing. Wing Chun is a Boxing art. Chinese Boxing. I train lots o fighters and many of them had normal boxing training, what I teach is very different.

This is your opinion then all cool. But this is wing chun as I have been training wing chun 25 years. CSL Wing Chun is a complete system. This is our Wing Chun Chinese Boxing. Wing Chun is a Boxing art. Chinese Boxing. I train lots o fighters and many of them had normal boxing training, what I teach is very different.
    Okay thanks for sharing...Again if it works for you i cant take nothing away from you...i just think the structure is a little foriegn to me compared to most Yip man WC or other styles I have seen...But its all good...

in fighting it doesnt matter if your Wing Chun or Ving Tsun or how good you look,...The only thing that matters in fighting is winning and surviving!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"