Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WC techniques in Sparring

So you live in a bad neighbourhood, don’t have street skills or street smarts, and decided learning wing chun would be a good idea and a way to level the playing field….well that certainly proves your level of smarts that’s for sure

And by the way some of the MMA crowd I know would make your street thugs look like angles… I know one instructor who survived an assassination attempt which involved multiple knifes…..and some of those guys were never seen again…..another known for having guns laying around his house just in case (has since found god and calmed down a bit)
    And why why why is it always the MMA guy in these hypothetical situations who is alone, and for some unknown reason decides to forgo his striking and clinch drills and take it to to ground and get stomped on (the throwing high kicks and getting taken down one is new to m…and shows how special you are) …most MMA guys I know have well friends who also do combat sports and who they normally hang withand have the aggression and willingness to do real damage to anyone, and the conditioning and ability to do this, with or without makeshift weapons…..

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    Wow a tread that turned into a mma vs. The "realz" didnt see that one coming. Seriously how the fuk do people spout these hypothetical situations and believe the garbage themselves. Reality=person and dicated by situation. There is no set in stone basis for street and not everyone is going to act the same in situations. Let it go....
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    Ne way...im waiting on you to come to my city so i can see how i fare against you!
    MAke up your **** mind. First you give the 'oh so deadly internet challenge' (what a joke) on another thread a month ago, which you quickly backed out of not even a full day after you made it for me to come see you and stan. At that point you said I should just go see stan. Now you want to meet me again?? Are you smoking something again or what?

Yeah, the top thing on my list of priorities:
    - Buy a plane ticket and fly half way across the country to meet some brain-dead nobody wanna-be who can't remember what he's said from day-to-day so I can spar with him and his a55-clown buddy stan, even when he (yoshi) couldn't even make it over to a local guy's gym (Terrance) after he (yoshi) was the one that issued the challenge in the first place. What was the excuse that time? oh yeah, "uh, I don't have the $5-10 for the matt fee.."
    Yeah hold on, I'll be right there...
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 03-02-2012 at 11:44 AM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

is it just me, but each time i read a thread by Yoshiyahu i feel like slapping my forehead.

Quote Originally Posted by Niersun View Post
    is it just me, but each time i read a thread by Yoshiyahu i feel like slapping my forehead.
    Not just you...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Not just you...
    We are all there as one, I feel

Well i know guys who are murders yes...some of them are still incarcerated. i got a cousin who has been in prison since 1998 for double murder. I got two uncles who are deceased now who were known to have been extremely violent in their younger years. Of course they were old men when they told me of all the dirt they did as young man.

I went to school with people who committed murders. One guy in one my classes was murdered by friend of mines. One minute I was hanging with one guy..a month later he was locked up for murder.

No contract killers...sorry just thugs, gangstas and criminals where im from...

Thats why I got into wing chun in high school in the first place. To fight in the street!

Say it man, you are a bad a$$ closet killer. Being predisposed to the influence of murderous friends and family blood line and all that.

However, I don't think you have the heart or intention of really hurt or kill another human being. With that said, you do have the ability to talk people to death without realizing it, this forum is littered with dead bodies.

So what im saying is if you going with MMA mentality it wont work. You need a street fighter anything goes and i dont care how bad i hurt the other guy mentaility...
    Dude, I think the problem is that you make it sound as if people who fight in a ring abide by the rules of the ring everywhere they go. What exactly is an "MMA Mentality?" You think people who participate in combat sports go looking for a pair of gloves to put on when a fight goes down? Do they yell "stop" and look for a ref? If not, I dont know why you'd think a person who competes in combat sports is incapable of fighting with an "anything goes" mentality out of the ring.

In my experience, people who train combat sports are nice and friendly as hell in the gym and such because they understand that they're not fighting or sparring a person out of malice but to train. Take away that "sportsmanship" mentality and you end up with some pretty scary dudes who can do damage.
    Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die...

Did I read it wrong but did you say your mate used to fight members of the crips and you would guy them from behind. Even in Australia that would work once. Until their mates found you and in this case shot holes in you.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    Dude, I think the problem is that you make it sound as if people who fight in a ring abide by the rules of the ring everywhere they go. What exactly is an "MMA Mentality?" You think people who participate in combat sports go looking for a pair of gloves to put on when a fight goes down? Do they yell "stop" and look for a ref? If not, I dont know why you'd think a person who competes in combat sports is incapable of fighting with an "anything goes" mentality out of the ring.

thank you!
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Im enjoying this thread...sorry been gone for awhile...

Seeing as im the one on every ones mind...im glad to be back...

Now as for what i wrote about crips and what not...thats in my teen years in high school...when were first testing out the WC..ne way i believe that post was for one of the first mates who started talking to me...

But i stand my statment...

"MMA fighters can not beat all street fighters"

What that means is there are some tough cookies out there who even MMA champs wouldnt stand a chance against...

As for street fighters and thugs. Alot of them have some martial training...too name a few

-Tae Kwon Do
    -Karate
    -Boxing
    -Kempo
    -Hung Gar

These are some of the fighting disciplines I know of from thugs and common people in the hood. Most of thugs were either in karate or boxing but some of them branched out into kung fu since there were some kung fu schools near the city...

ne way i digress.

I in no way said that MMA or any art wont work against an average or mediorce fighter. Its just funny to me that MMA guys think they Art is better than WC, Boxing, Or even street fighting...

Because a very good street fighter would make mince meat out of the best MMA guy out there. Ne way. Im not saying all I am saying there are some guys out there...Who are very formidable. An your Ground and Pound stand up game aint enough!

As for Ring mentality.

You excel in what you readily train the most!

You have people who practice sports karate with point fighting and those who train old school karate with no point fighting but combat techniques and sparring....

The one with more experience and training in a given area is more tested and tried than other...

If there was a fight in the streets the one who has the most experience of not holding back has the advantage! Especially if he is a natural fighter!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Because a very good street fighter would make mince meat out of the best MMA guy out there. Ne way. Im not saying all I am saying there are some guys out there...Who are very formidable. An your Ground and Pound stand up game aint enough!

The one with more experience and training in a given area is more tested and tried than other...

If there was a fight in the streets the one who has the most experience of not holding back has the advantage! Especially if he is a natural fighter!
    You are 5TUPID! Please just read through the forum for tips and information and stop posting as if you have some sort of experience, when we all know you dont. Wake up to your self dude, your not fooling anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Niersun View Post
    You are 5TUPID! Please just read through the forum for tips and information and stop posting as if you have some sort of experience, when we all know you dont. Wake up to your self dude, your not fooling anyone.
    Well great...your stupid too for taking the time tell someone stupid how stupid they are...thanks for your wasted post!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

I think Nick Diaz would school just about any guy in a street fight. I'm not even a big fan, but he can whoop ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadderz View Post
    I think Nick Diaz would school just about any guy in a street fight. I'm not even a big fan, but he can whoop ass.
    Lee Murray destroy most too lol