Thread: Where'd the golden leopard thread go?

Blog Entries

Where'd the golden leopard thread go?

I was wanting to get some info on the rushing leopard fist.

It was deleted by the person who started it.

In the future, please feel free to start a thread with a question if you like.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    It was deleted by the person who started it.

In the future, please feel free to start a thread with a question if you like.
    Why? Was one not enough?

golden leopard form

I felt like I should have got more info on the form I was thinking of before starting the thread. I have contacted the master I think who taught my sifu the form and am just waiting on a reply to post it again. Otherwise I apologize for deleting the thread. I'm glad to see interest in Leopard since we don't cover it much in the forum.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shaolin_allan View Post
    I felt like I should have got more info on the form I was thinking of before starting the thread. I have contacted the master I think who taught my sifu the form and am just waiting on a reply to post it again. Otherwise I apologize for deleting the thread. I'm glad to see interest in Leopard since we don't cover it much in the forum.
    The reason I brought it up was because we have a 4 form golden leopard style in our system. I was just curious if they might be similar? You know where I might find some video footage?

Answer...

they are the four forms from the Shaolin encyclopedia. No videos that I know of ,outside of Shaolin Do circles.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    they are the four forms from the Shaolin encyclopedia. No videos that I know of ,outside of Shaolin Do circles.
    Are you talking about our 4 forms being in that encyclopedia? Or the rushing leopard sets the other guy was talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi warrior View Post
    Are you talking about our 4 forms being in that encyclopedia? Or the rushing leopard sets the other guy was talking about?
    Same ones. I have a video of the first road, But I don't really know how to rip it and post it..... If you can describe some of the major techniques of your form I can compare.

once I learn the form I will post it somewhere and allow you guys to take a look at it. It's definitely not a shaolin-do form though lol.

once I learn the form I will post it somewhere and allow you guys to take a look at it. It's definitely not a shaolin-do form though lol.
    Well, I learned 4 golden leopard forms in SD. Farily long forms with quick and repetitive and precise attacks. It would be interesting to compare them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Well, I learned 4 golden leopard forms in SD. Farily long forms with quick and repetitive and precise attacks. It would be interesting to compare them.
    I'm curious too. I would really like to see the ones in that shaolin encyclopedia and see how they compare.

No doubt about it...

...well, maybe to some there might be. haha They are the same forms.

Actually, quite a bit of the newer SD forms you will find in that set of encyclopedias.

whether they are learned ,practiced and performed the same ways as other schools is something completely different altogether.

they have been absorbed into the teachings of SD...