Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Finnally a good bagua fighting video

Finnally a good bagua fighting video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...-gev8goEI&NR=1
    finnally a good bagua fighting video. in my opinion that guy in the white shirt did a dam good job expressing bagua under pressure

Dizzy watching that guy.

1) Nobody gives you their hand to walk round and round with.

2) Walking round and round does not mean its Ba Gua. It means someone wants you to think they look like Ba Gua. Ba Gua is all about what happens after contact.

3) With the opening side blade kick from a distance, round house and axe kick... better representation of Tae Kown Do.

One also has to understand levels.

Pee Wee league vs Pee Wee league

Little League v Little League

Pony League v Pony League

College vs College

Pro vs Pro

At every level baseball is being represented..... but differently. You're not going to find high level Ba Gua by two teenagers outside uncle's Dongzhou dumpling shop.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    No, he really didn't.
    ok master show me your great kung fu fighting video

Quote Originally Posted by Kung Fu God View Post
    Dizzy watching that guy.

2) Walking round and round does not mean its Ba Gua. It means someone wants you to think they look like Ba Gua. Ba Gua is all about what happens after contact.

3) With the opening side blade kick from a distance, round house and axe kick... better representation of Tae Kown Do.
    everyone always says that is not bagua when they see a fight with a bagua guy. i have studied bagua in america and in china where i live, and he used ever aspect of baugua,the kicks ,throws and hand techniques. maybe you guys watch too many old kung fu movie and expect the guy to never get touched.

Blog Entries
    Yet it is still Bagua as only Bagua students circle each other in such a fashion.

I don't even do bagua but i dare someone to attack my front hand. you will quickly learn you got set up.

its no wonder why you left gung fu. LMAO it doesn't even want you. LAME As$
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 02-28-2012 at 08:43 AM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Ray Pina wants to be a KUNG FU GOD. His story is a tragic one. His ship has sailed as time quickly passes by him and his pawr wittle shouldah injuwee. sooooo sad for him.....NOT!

Kung Fu doesn't want him. This forum doesn't want him. must make you wonder what his BJJ mates think of him and his stinky gi.

All of that doesn't make the above video substantial.

Signs I look for to determine Ba Gua skill are regular all steps that happen to be kicks. They're low, looks likes walking, but attacking legs. Not lean back to kick high... like TKD.

I also look for striking incoming attacks and using them as levels to turn the other. Ba Gua does not circle themselves. They turn the other.

Blog Entries
    ll of that doesn't make the above video substantial.

Signs I look for to determine Ba Gua skill are regular all steps that happen to be kicks. They're low, looks likes walking, but attacking legs. Not lean back to kick high... like TKD.

I also look for striking incoming attacks and using them as levels to turn the other. Ba Gua does not circle themselves. They turn the other.
    You're no authority on Bagua and no one really cares about you RAY......
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by Snipsky View Post
    Ray Pina wants to be a KUNG FU GOD. His story is a tragic one. His ship has sailed as time quickly passes by him and his pawr wittle shouldah injuwee. sooooo sad for him.....NOT!

Kung Fu doesn't want him. This forum doesn't want him. must make you wonder what his BJJ mates think of him and his stinky gi.
    If Ray Pina's story is tragic -- a lifetime martial artist who continues to compete and lives in Puerto Rico surfing, winning regional BJJ tournaments -- what is yours? With the exception of one or two others here, no one here has fought outside of the confines of TCMA tournaments. Post after post arguing over photos with students, ideas and philosophies but no one even at a standard level of today, never mind dominating. Many chiefs but no indians. All sifu/masters, no able fighters.

And to ban Ray Pina for pointing these truths out.... shameful! We should all be embarrassed. martial artists who are so thin skinned they can't handle diverging opinions? Weak!

How's the diet going?

If Ray Pina's story is tragic -- a lifetime martial artist who continues to compete and lives in Puerto Rico surfing, winning regional BJJ tournaments -- what is yours? With the exception of one or two others here, no one here has fought outside of the confines of TCMA tournaments. Post after post arguing over photos with students, ideas and philosophies but no one even at a standard level of today, never mind dominating. Many chiefs but no indians. All sifu/masters, no able fighters.

And to ban Ray Pina for pointing these truths out.... shameful! We should all be embarrassed. martial artists who are so thin skinned they can't handle diverging opinions? Weak!
    Ray Pina lives in a very lonely world. yes, his story is tragic. but only to him. the rest of us giggle about it like giddy little girls. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    finnally a good bagua fighting video. in my opinion that guy in the white shirt did a dam good job expressing bagua under pressure
    Really? A good fighting video of Gagua? As compared to what?
    Jackie Lee

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    It's not a good idea to "cross your legs" in front of your opponent in combat. If your opponent just rushes in with good timing, you will be down.