Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Finnally a good bagua fighting video

The guy in the white has horrible throws. So many times I'm like "ok now he has his back, surely he can secure the throw" yet he did nothing but lose position. These kinds of vids are ok with context but overall I find them boring compared to what I could be watching.

And how many grapplers out there werent watching this vid the whole time thinking "i could have taken him down there, and there, and there, and there......"

Based on what I saw in the vid I really do think I could take eaither of those guys in a street fight. Of course maybe they are far better than the vid suggests. Prolly not tho.

It's not a good idea to "cross your legs" in front of your opponent in combat. If your opponent just rushes in with good timing, you will be down.
    Which is just one reason why i didn't think this was a good demonstration of Bagua.

The Bagua player here started his mistakes with this. If you watch, you will notice he is spending a great deal of time in the prey position, and giving up the predatory position to his opponent. He's lucky his opponent does not know how to take the gifts he was given.

Real Bagua does not leave you constantly vulnerable like this.
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 02-28-2012 at 08:22 PM.

master master please you video

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    master master please you video
    If you had any level of understanding, you would comprehend my words, and not need me to post a video.

put up or shut up

So, based on your insecurities here, I take it you are the bad Bagua kid in the video?

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    So, based on your insecurities here, I take it you are the bad Bagua kid in the video?
    i takes a big man to put downs someones hard work and accomplishments with a few words on the internet

i takes a big man to put downs someones hard work and accomplishments with a few words on the internet
    Or a stark realist.

put up or shut up
    Our entire Kung Fu community needs to heed these words.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    You're no authority on Bagua and no one really cares about you RAY......
    Ray Pina's Ba Gua lineage goes like this:

Dong Hei Chuan, Gung Bo Tien, Wong Tson Fei, Master Bond Chan...... that's probably one of the most direct lineages on this forum.

Ray Pina also won a Vale Tudo match in Rio last Oct. He also took Gold int the Carribean BJJ open in 2009 and 2008.

How does this compare to what you are currently doing with your martial art? What you have done?

What's with all the hating of Ray Pina? I go away for a while and this place seems more like a schoolyard than the um... schoolyard it used to look like.

Ray clearly has found his way and is stepping up for it. Good for him!
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Why do people on web forums always pretend they are always picture perfect when they fight?

Its was scrappy, a nice exchange, a few nice techniques here and there.

A few missed opportunities, so what...

In the heat of it, you do what you can do, when you can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    What's with all the hating of Ray Pina? I go away for a while and this place seems more like a schoolyard than the um... schoolyard it used to look like.

Ray clearly has found his way and is stepping up for it. Good for him!
    I think it's because he became a broken record with how "everybody in tcma is cr@p, nobody can fight, you're all wasting your time."

Personally I got a bit peeved when I posted videos of a couple mma fighters talking about their shaolin training experience, how it affected them as people and as fighters; to which Ray kept repeating that since some wiki site listed what they do as kickboxing/muay thai that none of their other training "counts".

I don't mind the guy personally. I think he brings a unique view to various discussions. I just wish he wasn't so closed-minded against kung fu. Yes, he got burned. Yes, he's seen some cr@ppy schools - we all have. But that doesn't mean that everybody is clueless on how to use the stuff or that the stuff is fake.

Heck, our own lkfmdc has an entire blog devoted to "this is what I learned, this is what I still use, this is how I updated the training, and these are the champions that have come out of my gym."
    Of course lkfmdc "doesn't count", because he has a muay thai program now. Forget the fact that sanda events are hard to come by, muay thai events are 10 times more common, and his fighters needed to learn how to succeed in the thai ruleset & scoring system. None of it "counts" because of the name of the class & because his fighters aren't fighting out of deep horse stances.

Not only that, but there are other fighters on the board who've related their own, personal experiences. Again, none of it "counts" because they weren't fighting bareknuckle, with deep, rooted, training stances, and slashing people up with tiger claws like Ray expected.

The same argument over and over, thread after thread, every single post just became tiresome.
    His kung fu fantasies were shattered. Okay. Get over it. Either reapply what's there, to make it functional, and make it your own; or walk away and do something else.
    Most of us here just don't feel like hearing a broken record repeating "what you're doing is useless" ad nauseum.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Ray got banned?

really?

wow

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    really?

wow
    Some think he has been resurrected as the Kung Fu God, myself included.