Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Wing Chun Curriculum

Spencer, 棍花 usually refers to the blur created by a moving staff/pole. You could apply it to a sword (gim faa), etc.

I'm interested in your 7 angles facing. Can you elaborate?

I like the constant reference to weapons and equipment. Like the staff and the flag pole.

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    Spencer, 棍花 usually refers to the blur created by a moving staff/pole. You could apply it to a sword (gim faa), etc.
    This is why it is misunderstood. Taking the 'flower' part literally and thinking it means 'showy' or something. The blur you mention is a specialized training in itself to get it to flow so smoothly and you're right saying it can relate to other weapons.

I like the constant reference to weapons and equipment. Like the staff and the flag pole.
    As I do too. I see what I learnt as traditional from this perspective and much more akin to older Southern systems than what I generally saw in Wing Chun schools. The flag pole too is very sacred to me. Holds a lot of good habits that should be considered by any serious long pole enthusiast lmho.

I'm interested in your 7 angles facing. Can you elaborate?
    In other systems they call it 7 Star Fist but this is a totally different method of body alignment and angling we use. Something that I believe is misunderstood and simply never trained in some Wing Chun circles.

I have tried to discuss the three alignments before, three bodies if you like. And this method is how to train that and understand the left and right sides power development, as well as the unified facing body methods Ip Man was known for.

3 angles. 2 sides. And centre line equals 7 Actually partly explained in this clip which is also a Snake & Crane sparring/interactive method. Note the guys I am with have over 20 years each in Wing Chun, Lee Shing Family, yet they had never done this before...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN1e_SvP3dQ
    Last edited by LoneTiger108; 03-03-2012 at 12:25 PM.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術