Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Buk Sing Choy Lay Fut forms

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    I'd have to ask since it's always been said he only learned 3 Hung Sing forms. However, there is one taught in Fut San today that is basically the same as the one lau bun passed down through us
    You staff form is something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtUeTjcvdag

Blog Entries
    Same hoi jong, same opening moves, same sections shared.....yes this is very much like Lau Bun's Staff form. very much so. Except, the performer is NOT Buk Sing CLF. He is Hung Sing CLF.

This is the lau bun single and double ended staff form performed by DFW
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z_1qvfAwns

the similarities between that form and this one are extraordinary
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 07-08-2015 at 08:35 PM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

It's funny I recall reading that Tam Sam may have learned Sheung Karp Dahn Tow Kwun but I can't recall ever seeing a buk sing version of the set. Just from the other branches only. Not saying that doesn't mean some branches don't have it but never seen it performed. I have seen a few buk sing people do a baat kwa kwun staff set though.

Blog Entries
    From what i was told, Tam Sam may have created his own Single and Double ended staff form per tam fei pang. The other one they have comes from Jow Ga Kuen. the baat kwa kwun they practice is also from Jow Gar Kuen

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    From what i was told, Tam Sam may have created his own Single and Double ended staff form per tam fei pang. The other one they have comes from Jow Ga Kuen. the baat kwa kwun they practice is also from Jow Gar Kuen
    Thanks for the replies you guys.

Seem to make sense based on what you saying. I have never seen a BSCLF Staff form that wasn't Baat Kwa or other name and looking kind of made up.

I am very interested in finding that staff form now..

Haven't been able to find the Double Single Staff form yet ... but found this form that is exclusive to BSCLF:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMpSwdWZFsQ

This lineage is suppose to be from Tam Fei Pang -> Raymond L Y Leung -> Henry Suen lineage.

Any thoughts?

Blog Entries
    This lineage is suppose to be from Tam Fei Pang -> Raymond L Y Leung -> Henry Suen lineage.

Any thoughts?
    i will find out if this is exclusive to henry suens lineage or all of buk sing

Blog Entries
    DaiSihingPerez,

I am from Lau Bun's direct Hung Sing lineage under GM Dino Salvatera. Your Hung Sing Cheung Kuen form us.

however, the original thread goes back to 2012. the current part of this is the 2015 responses
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 07-23-2015 at 09:02 PM.

Che Kuen in BSCLF

Hi Guys,

I thought I asked Sifu Frank about shouldn't BSCLF also have "Che Kuen" as part of their curriculum since it's a beginner's form and most likely a form everyone has to learn first in Hung Sing lineage.

Sifu Frank told me that after asking Buk Sing guys there doesn't seem to be a Che Kuen and perhaps it was developed after Tam Sam left the school.

Made sense to me....

Since then however I have spoken with a few masters (my network of contacts are not that big) but for most part people tell me there is no "Che Kuen" in BSCLF except then one master (who is a student of Tam Fei Pang and learned from Lun Chee as well) said actually there is "Che Kuen" as told by Lun Chee. For some reason or another Lun Chee did not want to teach it openly.

Again this is a very drill like form but contains applications very much integral to BSCLF. I then realize...that other BSCLF may not have "Che Kuen" as a form but rather most lineages broke it down and drills they do separately.

So...in my conclusion...everyone's got it...just in a different format. Thought I would share my limited info.

Blog Entries
    Again this is a very drill like form but contains applications very much integral to BSCLF. I then realize...that other BSCLF may not have "Che Kuen" as a form but rather most lineages broke it down and drills they do separately.

So...in my conclusion...everyone's got it...just in a different format. Thought I would share my limited info.
    what is this fascination about Che Kuen? It's a really basic form at eye level. Professor Lau Bun's Cheung Kuen is a beginner form and way more advanced than Che Kuen.

When you mean "EVERYONE'S GOT IT" who are you referring to? The techniques found in Che Kuen are Kwa Choy, Sow/kup Choy, Yum Chop Choy, Reverse Pek Choy, a few different palms and that's it. Yes these individual techniques are found in everyone's CLF.

Again this is a very drill like form but contains applications very much integral to BSCLF
    How are the applications of Che Kuen so very intregral to BSCLF since their CLF comes from Hung Sing?
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 09-15-2015 at 12:08 PM.

There is a basic Buk Sing Che Kuen form, taught by Lun Chee. My Sifu learned it from him and I even inherited a video of LunChee performing it.
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SatoriScience
    "Whip the pole like the dragon whips its tail. Punches are like a tiger sticking out its head!"