Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Teaching in a Park

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    so you know CFM?
    Brother, this cat is a dime a dozen.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Blog Entries
    Brother, this cat is a dime a dozen.
    I can't speak for him, but he seems to be a little better than some of the nuts in our peanut gallery. go light man. you seem a little wound up....tryin to hut ma feewings n all dat shtuff........
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

I can't speak for him, but he seems to be a little better than some of the nuts in our peanut gallery. go light man. you seem a little wound up....tryin to hut ma feewings n all dat shtuff........
    You were wearing a silk kung fu suit when typed that, weren't you?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Blog Entries
    You were wearing a silk kung fu suit when typed that, weren't you?
    I only wear the silk kong poo suit when i'm bout ta get ma sexies on for da night....

you weren't naked except for your leather chaps when you asked that were you?
    put some glasses on him and he looks alot like you bro....LOL

Last edited by hskwarrior; 03-04-2012 at 08:35 PM.

Blog Entries
    having a sifu is like having a second father.
    This go both ways. Can you become a good 2nd father for your student? If he

- commits some crime, will you be able to hide him in your house, or give him cash so he can be on the run?
    - is in jail, will you be able to bail him out?

If a teacher doesn't want to have that kind of commitment, he will not be qualified to be the 2nd father.

Some people watch too many movies and take them as truth. If you're an adult, act like one. If you choose to teach, don't expect gifts froom your students. You should expect them to pay the fees and do the work in being a better MA or get in shape, whatever their goal was in the first place. You're not there to coddle anyone. And to the thing about senior students teaching, hey, they know more than you, so learn from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    Anyone teaching in a park, home, garage or similar for donations only?

I'm wondering how it works out for you? I've taken Tai Chi in a parking garage for donation. With the economy the way it is how do you avoid having a class full of non-donating students?

Obviously I'm considering doing this (to make a few dollars). I've had neighbor's in the past wanting me to teach their kids. The best I could do now would be very informal class but asking for a donation for my time.

Thoughts?
    I have a good friend who teaches this way in another town. He teaches every day outdoor no matter if it rains or snows. I dont know how many students he has. But I think the must be around 20 or 30. Some of them a very good.

Ah and he doesnt takes money or any other kind of donations or gifts.

Kind regards,
    Xian

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    That's exactly what CMF described. It's not people helping out and bringing a pie once in a while; he EXPECTS others to do all the work an cotow for the knowledge he probably earned himself in a Colorado strip mall.

I buy the food for our cookouts. I give my students free tshirts, wristbands, etc...whenever I can. Because the Students, not the Teacher, are the lifeblood of the school. Once in a while someone bakes me something for a holiday, etc.... But I sure as hell would never expect adults who pay for my lessons to feed me on a regular basis.

You want to talk about Family? That's how a family works. The head of the household provides. You don't send your 12 y/o out to mow lawns to earn money for your dinner because you yourself are too arrogant to work.
    Yeah my sifu usually brings pork and sweet buns for the younger students to snack on in case they are lacking energy..my sifu would rather me warm up for an hour than ****ing bake him a cake...he owns real estate he can go to the Bakery...

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Washing shifu's drawers and bringing him his dinner isn't an authentic traditional kung fo relationship.

Getting beaten like a red headed step child is.
    There it is !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

dont forget that he'll point out all your deficiencies, never offer praise more than a 'mmmm' sound on rare occasions, scowl constantly, tell you to move faster and have more power without fail, shake his head everytime you look for approval, smile and laugh only when you make mistakes, and most importantly he'll make pain your constant companion.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This go both ways. Can you become a good 2nd father for your student? If he

- commits some crime, will you be able to hide him in your house, or give him cash so he can be on the run?
    - is in jail, will you be able to bail him out?

If a teacher doesn't want to have that kind of commitment, he will not be qualified to be the 2nd father.
    No. Fathering does not include aiding and abetting crimes or becoming a criminal yourself. Fathering is to teach not to be involved with crime on that front, to cultivate personal integrity and to take responsibility for ones actions and to be held accountable for them.

As a father, you will help him to understand that he must make the correction and reverse his criminal activity and start cultivating a better person within himself.

If in Jail, then depending on circumstance, yes, giving assurance or bail is ok. It still doesn't release the student from being in need of the lessons of accountability and responsibility.

You commit to the person, not their foolish behaviours. As a father, it behooves you to make attempts at correcting improper behaviours and instilling good behaviours.

a father isn't a cohort or partner in crime. It is a position of authority and guidance and of course love.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    dont forget that he'll point out all your deficiencies, never offer praise more than a 'mmmm' sound on rare occasions, scowl constantly, tell you to move faster and have more power without fail, shake his head everytime you look for approval, smile and laugh only when you make mistakes, and most importantly he'll make pain your constant companion.
    ****, do we all have the same father? er teacher....
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Blog Entries
    i STILL WANNA KNOW WHICH TEACHER ACTUALLY TELLS HIS STUDENTS NOT TO SHOW UP UNLESS THEY BROUGHT A GIFT? WHO THE FUK IS THAT?

IF I BROUGHT MY SIFU SOME FOOD IT WAS BECAUSE I WANTED TO DO IT. IF HE DOES IT FOR HIS SIFU, WHO THE FUK ARE WE TO TELL SOMEONE ELSE WHO DOES THINGS LIKE THIS OUT OF THEIR OWN FREE WILL IS WRONG?

HAVING FREE WILL MEANS YOU CAN DO IT OR CHOOSE NOT TO DO IT. SO FUKIN WHAT THERE ARE STUDENTS WHO TAKE CARE OF THEIR TEACHERS? SMELLS LIKE JEALOUSY TO ME

Smells like someone hit a nerve. Not sure anyone is saying the teacher tells the students that he wants a combo #2 with a side salad before he comes to the next class, i think it has more to do with the student thinking this is what he should do in order to be 'in' and get the goods. Of course, there may be those who expect some KFC and sometimes, when the expectation is there, it manifests itself in other ways.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    ****, do we all have the same father? er teacher....
    Its the reason why we are all such classy, outstanding individuals.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.