Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WC is totally effective, if you let it to be.

Im simply saying real skill derives from strength, power, speed, flexibility, timing, cooridation, stamina and accuracy and preceision.

With out the following how will you be able to apply any principles, techniques or centerline theory against an opponent who possess more power, strength, flexibility, accuracy, precision, stamina and cooridation. If they can read you and counter you better than you can them your lost mate....Its not about WC or about what style you do. its about fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    Is that a fact or just your opinion? You state it as if it's fact and that you know so much about all the 10's or 100's of thousands of WC practitioners all over the world, so where is your proof or evidence, or are you just talking out your yahu as usual?

No one argues that stregth and speed help, but the above thinking is proof of someone only thinking of WC fighting as mearly techniques and attributes. IMO, this is very narrow view and missing the boat on what WCK is all about.
    I agree with wingchunIan, you shold quit WC and just start taking steroids if you believe the above is what WCK is all about. But then, I'm really starting to believe you don't actually train WCK much (or with anyone good), or you wouldn't talk like you do
    what if your opponent who doesn't do wing chun has more accuracy, precision and cooridation at controlling angles than you do. What if he posses more power and strength than you do has better timing than you so he can counter your short burst and reidrect your disrubtion and striking. Again Someone who is more skilled will win. it dont matter what style you do. If two people from the same style have the techniques and principles down evenly...who usually wins? The weaker opponent or the stronger opponent?

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    If you truly believe that, then stop training WC and start taking steroids and lifting heavy weights instead.
    The one thing BJJ showed when UFC first started was that skill and technique can overcome a much larger and stronger opponent. Unfortunately in WC many people mistake skill for fancy hand techniques when in reality the true skill is creating and using angles, maintaining distance, using short sharp bursts of energy to control and disrupt, and delivering shock to the jic seen through fast relaxed strikes. All of which are hard to see and even harder to do.

Wayfaring and SanJuro are right!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    On the importance of conditioning I like the wrestling philosophy:

"Conditioning is the greatest hold". Karl Gotch - catch wrestler.

The idea of the weak overcoming the strong, the small overcoming the large, the technically trained overcoming the athlete is the holy grail of all martial arts.

While this can be accomplished, the disparity and mismatch that it's available to overcome is many times less than martial artists would like to believe. And when it does happen many times it's a conditioned smaller athlete overcoming a non-conditioned or lesser conditioned larger person.

Technique is important. Conditioning is important too. I like the viewpoint of viewing conditioning as your greatest technique. I think it's healthy from not only a realistic practical application perspective but also good from a longevity perspective. I want to train hard athletically well into my latter years. Will I be able to compete older against younger athletes? I can sure try. And I can sure surprise them too.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    One can't put a degree of importance over the various attributes, ALL are crucial and all need to be developed to their highest potential, there is not one that is more than any other.
    The best fighter is the one that has developed his speed, strength, skill and conditioning to its highest degree.
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Im simply saying real skill derives from strength, power, speed, flexibility, timing, cooridation, stamina and accuracy and preceision.

what if your opponent who doesn't do wing chun has more accuracy, precision and cooridation at controlling angles than you do.
    I don't have ANY cooridation (he spelt it wrong the same way twice!) so it's a safe bet any opponent who doesn't do wing chun will have at least as much of it as me.

Does cooridation have something to do with American beer?
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    I don't have ANY cooridation (he spelt it wrong the same way twice!) so it's a safe bet any opponent who doesn't do wing chun will have at least as much of it as me.

lol...did you offer the correct spelling?
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

lol...did you offer the correct spelling?
    You didn't, why should I?
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

"it's not the size, but how you use it." While it's true, "size does matter."
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Quote Originally Posted by imperialtaichi View Post
    "it's not the size, but how you use it." While it's true, "size does matter."
    I was talking about biceps, of course.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

cooridation spelling

coordination is the correct spelling silly man...

now im back to my misspelled words...enugh of your tom fololery!

Yes. It's a special technique used in the brewing process.

WC is totally effective , if you let it be .

I sometimes get totally frustrated, when people claims WC is ineffective.

The thing is, learning WC is like learning to drive and getting your driver's liscence; of course, one needs to learn the road rules and adhere to to them. Otherwise you will not pass the driving test.

However, if one wants to be a race/stunt car driver, one needs to take the basic driving skills beyond the "learners" road rules and adapt it and apply it to the type of driving, and the type of roads you want.

Unfortunately, too many "experts" still doing WC like little old lady drivers; and when someone drives their WC like racing drivers, these little old ladies claim they are not driving safely/properly.

WC is not ineffective. It's the little old lady drivers that's ineffective

Sorry for the ranting.

I agree with you .

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    you don't say anything 'simply', and surely not with that spelling..

You also said something else, that you ignored when I asked you to clarify:
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    Most people who do WC only do apart of it...meaning they only have shell of the WC....
    what did you base this 'fact' on? Or are you just sitting next to your big ol 55 gallon garbage in your kitchen and pulling out this trash as you go?
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

what was your question???

as for fact...

im sharing mostly opinion from what i see and hear most WC people!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    you don't say anything 'simply', and surely not with that spelling..

You also said something else, that you ignored when I asked you to clarify:

what did you base this 'fact' on? Or are you just sitting next to your big ol 55 gallon garbage in your kitchen and pulling out this trash as you go?

I sometimes get totally frustrated, when people claims WC is ineffective.

Sorry for the ranting.

For a style to be respected by the fighting community, it must achieve the following:

1. The elites of the style are competitive with the elites of other styles
    2. A demonstrable increase in fighting skill for the average practitioner,
    3. It produces less dorks.

If you cannot show yourself or point to others achieving numbers 1 or 2 above, then you are just another ranting number 3.

Simple solution: Fight them.

If you lose, they are right.
    When you control the hands and feet, there are no secrets.
    http://www.Moyyat.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post
    For a style to be respected by the fighting community, it must achieve the following:

1. The elites of the style are competitive with the elites of other styles
    2. A demonstrable increase in fighting skill for the average practitioner,
    3. It produces less dorks.

If you cannot show yourself or point to others achieving numbers 1 or 2 above, then you are just another ranting number 3.

If you lose, they are right.
    That's just crazy talk and just because the pioneers of WC, the likes of WSL and others, did just that doesn't make that kind of talk less crazy !!
    Lets chi sao !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post
    I'm not a thug, and I'm not a monkey.

But if anyone genuinely wants to test the effectiveness of WC I'm always ready.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

I'm not a thug, and I'm not a monkey.
    And yet, other people's opinions which differ from yours leave you "totally frustrated". As for what else you are, your first post in this thread made it clear you currently are a ranting number three in the aforementioned list I posted.

But if anyone genuinely wants to test the effectiveness of WC I'm always ready.
    If your style is an effective method of learning to fight, then you and/or your students may want to do a little of it. Since you state you are "always ready" to test your fighting effectiveness and the website you promote in your signature mentions your teachings can be applied to sport fighting scenarios, then presumably it would be a simple matter to provide independent evidence previously collected of numbers one and/or two in the aforementioned list.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 03-17-2012 at 10:27 AM.
    When you control the hands and feet, there are no secrets.
    http://www.Moyyat.com