Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pure Wing Chun against BJJ

Talking Pure Wing Chun against BJJ

Who can use their Wing Chun skills against an MMA fighter with stand up and ground work...

Im speaking to the purist who do not compromise their WC with MMA techniques to make their WC quasi more functional? Lol...

Who has WC un-infiltrated by Westernized methodology that can still stand up to western fighting like MMA?

note the key components of BJJ and MMA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrP3d-2pKKA

this is what your Upagainst?
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Against a bjj guy my vt is far better then his stand up.

Thumbs down

its like comparing apples to bananas. I train with guys who are pretty good at BJJ and MMA (not top fighters of course) and when we play with standard rules I do okay in stand up. On the ground with standard rules I do less well but whenever we've messed about with expanded rules (groin shots, strikes to the back of the head, kicks and knees on the floor, and even light contact to the eyes and throat) I do pretty well again. I don't see why there is this obsession with style versus style, there's room for everyone and ultimately it comes down to who is the better fighter / who is able to impose their fight / who gets lucky.
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

It is another silly thread.

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    It is another silly thread.

joy chaudhuri
    Y'know I have never put anyone on my ignore list yet, but Yoshi may be my first!
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Y'know I have never put anyone on my ignore list yet, but Yoshi may be my first!
    ------------------------------------------------
    I have no idea why anyone bothers to even to respond to Y's posts... must be a bad case of net addiction.

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    Who can use their Wing Chun skills against an MMA fighter with stand up and ground work...
    IMO people who test themselves against that kind of pressure, and who are able to stop takedowns to prevent the fight going to an area they are untrained.

It's not rocket science.

Oh God. The stupid, it burns.

good lord, it never ends with this guy.
    Yoshi, maybe you could tell us all how YOU do against MMA guys first, you know, just to get the ball rolling..
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

You guys are just jealous because you can't come up with such refreshing and though-provokaing threads !

Next up:
    Bong Sao, it's not just for getting high anymore !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

You guys are just jealous because you can't come up with such refreshing and though-provokaing threads !
    Sanjuro is right. There's never been a WC vs MMA or WC vs BJJ thread on here before. Can't you guys think outside the box?
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Ne Way...this thread was comical to me...

i was just having fun..sorry for those who took it seriously.

thanks for the serious input out there..but since my threads are under so much scruntiny i decided to just be silly with the likes of some of those who over critical and never share any realistic useful information....

ne way did any one look at the youtube video...wow thats a classic!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Ive been trying for ages!!!

Seriously though, surely he's between the age of 10 and 15??

ne way did any one look at the youtube video...wow thats a classic!
    Like most of what you post, it has been posted here several times before, though without the ... er .... unique ... insights only you can bring.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

It wasn't really funny at all tbh. This is funny: