Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pure Wing Chun against BJJ

I perfer these!

the origins of BJJ

dominate your opponent

make him submit to your will

indure the pain in silence, loss of control is maddening

We can do this the hard way, or the soft way...either way your going down buddy

This is why chi sau was invented, to advoid this posistion!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

I perfer these!
    indure the pain in silence
    to advoid this posistion!
    Google Chrome has spell check, so there isn't really an excuse for you to come across as an illiterate moron.

Unless there is no excuse and you do not have the choice, of course.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Greetings,

Since I do not participate in this forum, I do not know how you guys stand with Randy Williams. He is taking a stab at it using traditional Wing Chun as his template:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whMA5...eature=related

mickey

Since I do not participate in this forum, I do not know how you guys stand with Randy Williams. He is taking a stab at it using traditional Wing Chun as his template:
    "traditional" Wing Chun has always had ground fighting techniques, chin-na and takedowns. It has less/none in the way of positional control, pin escapes or the technicalities of ground and pound.

That's OK - BJJ isn't much at punching or kicking. As long as no one is trying to tell you a style is something that it is not.

I first learned those kicks in the vid from a Kung fu instructor in 1977, and similarly again from my WC instructor in 1989. And similarly again from an MMA instructor in about 1998.

This stuff can be effective against a standing opponent, and you have to be pretty good and pretty careful to move in on a guy who is good at this stuff. Antonio Inoki used it effectively against Muhammad Ali, and the best example I can remember was Allan Goes vs Sakuraba, who was no slouch as a fighter, back in Pride. Vitor Belfort tried it against Saku as well, but not nearly as effectively.

The throw looks like a cross between a parry/slip, head and arm choke, and osotogari which any decent wrestler or judoka could do very much better. Yes, I know that trip is in one of the dummy sets.

Nothing new here. Though I don't think RW is/was claiming such.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    I'm trying to get the jist of what you are trying to prove here? That BJJ is gay? rolling on the ground is gay? I'm not getting what you are (getting) at. I can't speak for WC but I do know that it's relatively striking oriented. But on the other hand I do know ground work. So what is it you are stating?
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    Google Chrome has spell check, so there isn't really an excuse for you to come across as an illiterate moron.

Unless there is no excuse and you do not have the choice, of course.
    i dont need spell check...you will continue to correct and give me the correction i need...

Keep it buddy...be my personal spell checker!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post

the origins of BJJ

dominate your opponent

make him submit to your will

indure the pain in silence, loss of control is maddening

We can do this the hard way, or the soft way...either way your going down buddy

This is why chi sau was invented, to advoid this posistion!
    That's Greco-Roman Wrestling. It's taught in just about every high school in America. So are you implying most teenagers are gay?

You know what the WORST of this is to me? It has nothing to do with my 'precious' Wing Chun. It has nothing to do with whether my 'homedogs on the 'net' think I'm a Wing Chun purist or not. It has EVERYTHING to do with the portrayal of how some activity is regarded as 'gay.'

Perhaps you're not comfortable with your sexuality enough to engage in such activities like wrestling, judo or BJJ. I am. I quite enjoy the time spent learning other martial arts to up my game. I also find the workouts in BJJ to be of the highest caliber - the only thing that has come close has been boxing and WC is a FAR cry from any of those.

This is NOT a place to be bashing other martial arts - especially using a slant of sexual preference.

Rick says it even better than me:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1OvtBa2FK8
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Quote Originally Posted by couch View Post
    You know what the WORST of this is to me? It has nothing to do with my 'precious' Wing Chun. It has nothing to do with whether my 'homedogs on the 'net' think I'm a Wing Chun purist or not. It has EVERYTHING to do with the portrayal of how some activity is regarded as 'gay.'

Perhaps you're not comfortable with your sexuality enough to engage in such activities like wrestling, judo or BJJ. I am. I quite enjoy the time spent learning other martial arts to up my game. I also find the workouts in BJJ to be of the highest caliber - the only thing that has come close has been boxing and WC is a FAR cry from any of those.

This is NOT a place to be bashing other martial arts - especially using a slant of sexual preference.

Rick says it even better than me:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1OvtBa2FK8
    Well said!

...be my personal spell checker!
    I try to avoid endeavours which are obviously doomed to failure.

And yeah, you're about as good at comedy as you are at spelling.
    Last edited by anerlich; 03-10-2012 at 12:00 AM.

hmmmm couch said the following!!!
    "Perhaps you're not comfortable with your sexuality enough to engage in such activities. I am. I quite enjoy the time spent "

lol of course your right...just being sillly

Wing chun striking fighting