Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun Application Clip

Wing Chun Application Clip

Hey,
    This is a good/fun Wing Chun cliip to watch.

http://www.wingchuntaoist.com/2012/0...tion-demo.html

Like?

D7

that clip was funny...bravo
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by Jox View Post
    They did some action movie for fun, I guess.
    But video in my opinion gives a wrong message. He protect his property...
    Right action should be, stay in the house and call police... and keep practicing more hard...

Jox,
    Agreed. Think it was meant for fun purposes.

D7

Actually he should grab his fire armed before going out side. An started shooting...

Its better to shoot than to do Kung Fu...because if you hurt them the judge will say you had an unfair advantage due your martial training. If you shoot them. Its a level playing field because any crook can get a gun in the streets!

They did some action movie for fun, I guess.
    But video in my opinion gives a wrong message. He protect his property...
    Right action should be, stay in the house and call police... and keep practicing more hard...

Self defense rules:

1. Avoid dangerous people and dangerous places.
    2. Do not defend your property.
    3. Respond immediately and escape.

http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/t...bout-violence/

Jox,
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    Actually he should grab his fire armed before going out side. An started shooting...

Its better to shoot than to do Kung Fu...because if you hurt them the judge will say you had an unfair advantage due your martial training. If you shoot them. Its a level playing field because any crook can get a gun in the streets!
    I don't think this is accurate thinking really. Back in the late 60's I was in municipal court before the same judge for the 9th time. I had been taken into court each time because someone thought I had taken unfair advantage or intentionally hurt someone for no reason. Most of them had been extremely aggressive in a night club or other drinking establishment and would not have it any other way. Then they wanted to get even in court. As usual, evidence proved that they were hurt in self defense, but one of the lawyers filed charges of assault with a dangerous weapon and the prosicutor tried to get the judge to rule to that effect. After calling me up to the pulpit and asking me if since I was reputed to be some sort of martial artist, why I could not easily contain the situation without harming someone. I explained that any martial art is like a gun. If you do not shoot someone with it then it is useless as a weapon. Gung Fu only works if you apply it with conviction. You can not do it just a little bit or it simply will not work. He gave it some thought and refused to rule against me. He said that a persons skill at self defense can not be judged as to it's lethality like a gun or knife, and that since it was hand to hand it was an even conflict, and that I was not guilty of using a lethal weapon.
    Now, had I shot the first guy I would likely have been doing life in Angola without possibility of parol.
    Jackie Lee

okay i guess its different in each state.

I have a cousin who shot six guys who were trying to rob him. None survived. The court ruling was self defense. Had he put his hands on them...well for him it may have not ended up so well...an the would be muggers would laughing!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    I don't think this is accurate thinking really. Back in the late 60's I was in municipal court before the same judge for the 9th time. I had been taken into court each time because someone thought I had taken unfair advantage or intentionally hurt someone for no reason. Most of them had been extremely aggressive in a night club or other drinking establishment and would not have it any other way. Then they wanted to get even in court. As usual, evidence proved that they were hurt in self defense, but one of the lawyers filed charges of assault with a dangerous weapon and the prosicutor tried to get the judge to rule to that effect. After calling me up to the pulpit and asking me if since I was reputed to be some sort of martial artist, why I could not easily contain the situation without harming someone. I explained that any martial art is like a gun. If you do not shoot someone with it then it is useless as a weapon. Gung Fu only works if you apply it with conviction. You can not do it just a little bit or it simply will not work. He gave it some thought and refused to rule against me. He said that a persons skill at self defense can not be judged as to it's lethality like a gun or knife, and that since it was hand to hand it was an even conflict, and that I was not guilty of using a lethal weapon.
    Now, had I shot the first guy I would likely have been doing life in Angola without possibility of parol.

Not so much.

I mean, everybody knows you can't jimmy a car window open with a tire iron.

You must be joking... To kill a guy/s, just because they break-in to your car?

Jox,
    You steal from me...i shoot first asked questions later...No joke!

Blog Entries
    IMO, Having done some movie film work...I just don't like the editing.

Too quick...MTV style, cut - cut - cut... before the bridge, during the bridge, heck after the bridge.

Wing Chun done right is cool enough to let it play out in one continous shot. There's no need for the editing.

"O"
    http://cykwoon.freewebspace.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Subitai

"O"..."Some people believe that you need to make another human being tap out to be a valid art. But I am constantly reminding them that I only have to defend myself and keep you from hurting me in order to Win."
    "O"..."The Hung Style practiced solely in methods of Antiquity would ultimately only be useful versus Similar skill sets"

Quote Originally Posted by Subitai View Post
    Wing Chun done right is cool enough to let it play out in one continous shot. There's no need for the editing.
    I like your thinking...
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by Subitai View Post
    Haha, key words here, "Wing Chun done right"

I enjoyed it, harmless fun.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    okay i guess its different in each state.

I have a cousin who shot six guys who were trying to rob him. None survived. The court ruling was self defense. Had he put his hands on them...well for him it may have not ended up so well...an the would be muggers would laughing!
    riiiiggghhhtt.
    2 uncles that admitted were barehanded murders walking the streets. (both of which are now deceased so no proof on this one)
    Countless friends who are convicted killers.
    You will happily shoot and kill someone simply because they are stealing from you. (good luck with that one in court)
    Now you have a cousin that shot and killed 6 robbers.
    Either you and every person you know or are related too are all F'd in the head, or you're complete full of sh!t (which pretty much means the first as well by default).

I'm calling BS on all of this. Since there was a court ruling with 'your cousin', when and where did this happen, and what is your cousins name? Shouldn't be too difficult to validate.
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 03-13-2012 at 11:52 AM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

ne as for certain instances you have a legal right to protect your persons and property.

under caselaw doctrine you can shoot any one on the premises of your dwelling not just with in the door but also in the yard. There are also amendments that extend to your vehicle. why else would you be allowed to carry a gun in the glove compartment with CCW licencse?

Also with the right to open and carry you have every right to shoot a person trying to mug you. It depends on the city your in i guess.

im in saint louis Missouri...didnt you hear on stans video the lady talking about where was .38 at?

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    riiiiggghhhtt.
    2 uncles that admitted were barehanded murders walking the streets. (both of which are now deceased so no proof on this one)
    Countless friends who are convicted killers.
    You will happily shoot and kill someone simply because they are stealing from you. (good luck with that one in court)
    Now you have a cousin that shot and killed 6 robbers.
    Either you and every person you know or are related too are all F'd in the head, or you're complete full of sh!t (which pretty much means the first as well by default).

I'm calling BS on all of this. Since there was a court ruling with 'your cousin', when and where did this happen, and what is your cousins name? Shouldn't be too difficult to validate.

You really are clueless aren't you. I'm not even going to bother with anything you said it's so far off in left field. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but sometimes I wish Terrance was here...

But, I'll repeat the following, just to give you one more chance to prove you aren't 100% full of sh!t: Since there was a court ruling with 'your cousin' killing 6 people and walking, when and where did this happen, and what is your cousins name? Shouldn't be too difficult to validate.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Hey JP I left you a PM on the 108 site that might interest you if you get around to checking...