Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hung Gar Theory

Fung Gar, is that a lesser known family style? Is it from the Guongzhou area? Just curious as I have not heard of that one but I am sure there are numerous family style names.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Chris m View Post
    Without innovation in Hung Gar, we wouldnt have Kung Gee, or Fu Hok, or Sap Ying, or Mo Ying Gerk, or Fu Hok Kuen Chak, or Tit Sin Kuen....

My teacher says that usually once every other generation, one master-usually lineage holder-is innovative, and the next generation is Square Minded...although BOTH Wong Fei Hung and Lam Sai Wing were open minded, and both introduced new methods into Hung Gar...my si-gung Chan Hon Chung was close-mind but his Sau To Kong Pui Wai is the opposite and introduced Fung Gar into His Hung Gar training.
    So true. Lum Jo brought a lot of forms into the system. Sam Yin Kuen, Bung Bo and Pek Kwar Do to name a few and even created the popular 2 man forms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1AoLnTI4JQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUf5-2JqFM0
    Last edited by SouthernGungFu; 03-19-2012 at 09:08 PM. Reason: added video

In your opinion Lum Jo created the two man forms, while I am sure he did create some, the Fu Hok Kuen Chak-according to Lam Sai Wing's final disciple Chan Hon Chung-was the work of his si-fu and si-gung....and I will defer to his judgement on that one.

As for the other forms mentioned...we dont have them in Hung Kuen Jing Chung...but there's no problem with a teacher adding things.....our kwoon has several of the Malaysian Hung Gar lineage in our curriculum-including the Hung Gar version of Luk Dim Boon Gwun....all adds to the flavour.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Chris m View Post
    In your opinion Lum Jo created the two man forms, while I am sure he did create some, the Fu Hok Kuen Chak-according to Lam Sai Wing's final disciple Chan Hon Chung-was the work of his si-fu and si-gung....and I will defer to his judgement on that one..
    http://www.hungkuen.com/forms.htm

Sparring Forms
    • Gung Gee Doy Da - originally choreographed by Lam Sai Wing
    • Fu Hok Seung Ying Doy Da - originally choreographed by Lam Cho
    • Seung Tao Kwan Doy Da - originally choreographed by Lam Cho
    • Ng Lung Ba Gwa Gwan Doy Da - Tan Tao Kwan Doy Da
    • Darn Do Chin Cheong - originally choreographed by Lam Cho
    • Seung Do Chin Cheong - originally choreographed by Lam Cho
    • Kwan Do Doy Cheong - originally choreographed by Lam Cho
    • Seung Bei Sau Doy Cheong - originally choreographed by Lam Cho

5. Quote Originally Posted by Chris m View Post
    As for the other forms mentioned...we dont have them in Hung Kuen Jing Chung...but there's no problem with a teacher adding things.....our kwoon has several of the Malaysian Hung Gar lineage in our curriculum-including the Hung Gar version of Luk Dim Boon Gwun....all adds to the flavour.
    You wrote this a year ago on the BANG BOU - Lam Chun Sing YouTube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1AoLnTI4JQ

Why does Hung Kuen need anything from Northern Mantis, Don't remember hearing Wong Fei Hung or Lam Sai Wing needing to use it???

popsjnr 1 year ago

It's a question isnt it cheesedip, rogue warrior etc....I asked a question....WHY???
    I never got an answer to it though.

As for your list....I dont believe the two man Fu Hok form comes from Lum Jo...if you do...I am happy for you....

7. http://www.woma.tv/movies/1TT/kung-fu-seni.html

Are these your classmates doing the 2 man Fu Hok and Pek Kwar Do? Great stuff. Well, painful actually. No wonder they removed the other video.

I cannot seem to find the video of your school with the 2 man staff set. It has been removed from You Tube as it shows forms learned from the lineage he continues to belittle.

IRON WIRE!!! Misrepresent...

http://www.woma.tv/movies/50/jim-ugl...iron-wire.html

Nice things mercer, zappone, yelverton and their astute businessman teacher say about other lineages

http://hungkuen-jingchung.com/mybb/s...ad.php?tid=381

http://hungkuen-jingchung.com/mybb/s...ad.php?tid=343
    Last edited by SouthernGungFu; 03-22-2012 at 07:59 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Chris m View Post
    It's a question isnt it cheesedip, rogue warrior etc....I asked a question....WHY???
    I never got an answer to it though.
    Yes you did. It follows...

dear @popsjnr thanks for the question.

this form added [plus some more] by Lam Cho sikung to give more speed and explosion to our family style; also to make it more competitive and to suit on the times. example: simply compare boxing early - middle and late 19th century....

regards sifu Kostas Tsoligkas

Our video was removed by the poster due to the bile filled rubbish a guy called cheesedik posted nonstop on it....same guy who challenged me....and then ran away???same guy who had an avatar of my arse (?,?) must have enjoyed looking at it with his busy right hand eh??

As for guys doing broadsword, two man pole etc....they were taught to Chan si-gung by Lam Sai Wing so of course we do them....check out my thread Mahjong si-fu on Hung Kuen Jing Chung...U will love it

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    many Sifus, through their own personal experiences and evolution, will add or subtract, alter, refine their system. If you are doing it exactly like previous generations, then your system is dead.(within reason)
    In my experience in the Tang Fong line, I have found that each Sifu plays it a bit differently. I have worked with practitioners/Sifus from several lines (Yuen Ling, Chan Tai-Hing, Lao Ke Tong, Ho Lap Tien, Chow Wing-Tak) and each brought something to the table. Each line while maintaining the theories, concepts, form of Hung-Ga, emphasized different things-softer, more fluid, more active footwork, explosive movement, close range, long range, power, speed, etc. Each teacher is different, so they emphasize different aspects. This is a natural evolution.
    When a system has everything etched in stone, it, like stone, is dead.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    many Sifus, through their own personal experiences and evolution, will add or subtract, alter, refine their system. If you are doing it exactly like previous generations, then your system is dead.(within reason)
    In my experience in the Tang Fong line, I have found that each Sifu plays it a bit differently. I have worked with practitioners/Sifus from several lines (Yuen Ling, Chan Tai-Hing, Lao Ke Tong, Ho Lap Tien, Chow Wing-Tak) and each brought something to the table. Each line while maintaining the theories, concepts, form of Hung-Ga, emphasized different things-softer, more fluid, more active footwork, explosive movement, close range, long range, power, speed, etc. Each teacher is different, so they emphasize different aspects. This is a natural evolution.
    When a system has everything etched in stone, it, like stone, is dead.
    TT has potato-sacked the correct.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

13. Quote Originally Posted by Chris m View Post
    Our video was removed by the poster due to the bile filled rubbish a guy called cheesedik posted nonstop on it....same guy who challenged me....and then ran away???same guy who had an avatar of my arse (?,?) must have enjoyed looking at it with his busy right hand eh??

Last time I saw the video I did not see such posts, you had removed them. Other then making the video not allow comments like you did on the misleading video titled Iron Wire that had nothing to with Iron Wire but kept it on YouTube. More misrepresentations from your school and your astute businessman for a teacher.

I believe it was removed as it was proof you had forms from from the lineage you bashed and continue to bash in the so called "Mahjong si-fu" (Lum Jo) thread you wrote to kindly about, eh Mercer?
    Last edited by SouthernGungFu; 03-27-2012 at 05:22 PM.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Chris m View Post
    As for guys doing broadsword, two man pole etc....they were taught to Chan si-gung by Lam Sai Wing so of course we do them....check out my thread Mahjong si-fu on Hung Kuen Jing Chung...U will love it
    I dont believe the broadsword, two man pole etc comes from Chan si-gung by Lam Sai Wing ...if you do...I am happy for you....

Read these comments re the broadsword...

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=jUf5-2JqFM0

Still waiting on all those family statements you promised 6 months ago! LOL. Now you cry when you feel like releasing them? Nice cover. You know you will NEVER come up with them. Signed and dated by the lineage holder now, not something you conjured up and put on your forums.

http://naamkyun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1625
    Last edited by SouthernGungFu; 03-27-2012 at 05:55 PM.

The video Hung Gar Iron Wire isnt mistitled...Chan Hon Chung explains that the Iron Wire process starts in Kung Gee, develops in Fu Hok and Ng Ying and Sap Ying, then finishes in Tit Sin Kuen...that video shows the start of Iron Wire....the Iron Wire form isnt mentioned