Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hung Gar Theory

As for the youtube comments...again Chan Hon Chung informed my teacher about the origins of those forms...and if I have to believe someone it's going to be Lam Sai Wing's Sau To

The family statements will appear when we decide it's time

Keep your personal issues to yourselves guys and keep this thread on track.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

The way you guys keep going on and on, you guys sound like Hung Gar's group of whining b*tches. There will always be lineage differences...leave it be and focus on your martial art.

I understand being angry at fakers, but differences in lineage are just that, differences, nothing more.
    -Golden Arms-

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Arms View Post
    The way you guys keep going on and on, you guys sound like Hung Gar's group of whining b*tches. There will always be lineage differences...leave it be and focus on your martial art.

I understand being angry at fakers, but differences in lineage are just that, differences, nothing more.
    And I add to this be reminding all that this is NOT the wing chun forum.

Think I will change this post as cheesedik...I mean southerngungfu.....is copying everything I write...no ideas of his own...if your going to edit your posts to avoid being banned just shows what a little coward you are....dont challenge me again on this forum too....coz I am happy to cross hands with you..
    Last edited by Chris m; 03-28-2012 at 12:25 PM.

6. I too apologise to my fellow Hung Gar practitioners about this spat....but that's what happens when you argue with immature "people" who spread hate and lies towards other lineages. More misrepresentations from Chris Mercer aka popsjnr. Poor guy mercer is annoyed. Read his last post! What a loser. I am no coward, just writing the facts. I am not afraid of you or your boyfriend either. I have the original post when you challenged me. Just find my blog. And you are going to do what about it? Your cover is blown, you are all talk and your school is ****.

I have no problems with that until someone continues to belittle my Si Gung and lineage while creating slanderous posts in various forums. ie "check out my thread Mahjong si-fu (Lum Jo) on Hung Kuen Jing Chung" by popsjnr, jim uglow, pathetic chris mercer, angelo zappone and martin yelverton. And then they challenge to fight them. What honorable chaps.

http://hungkuen-jingchung.com/mybb/s...ad.php?tid=381

http://hungkuen-jingchung.com/mybb/s...ad.php?tid=343

You get no respect from me and 1000's of others with the 2 above threads in Jim Uglows Schools forum.

Chris Mercer, isnt this the post you made on your Iron Wire You Tube Video (they were since removed) challenging me to a fight starting off this 'spat'. I only defended myself. Funny how you forget the details when they are NOT in your favour.

Oh Wodger you get so angwy dont you...poor baby dont cry!! Does your nappy need changing have you **** YOURSELF??
    Dont like the replies dont send me emails then you ****ing *****.? Who the **** do you think you are?? If you want trouble you **** come to our club and i will spark you out!!
    Unit 11 Kimberley Works
    1st floor Billet Road Walthamstow
    London E17 5DZ
    I will be there tonight 20:00hrs you dont come then your just a coward aint you?? Can? you see how scared I am eh??
    But you wont do that coz your a cowardly chicken**** **** arent you???...as for sucking **** I leave that to you...bet you LOVE the taste of man-fat eh??
    **** off and die *****
    Last edited by SouthernGungFu; 03-27-2012 at 07:20 PM.

Size and experience will cause differences in lineage.

I cannot see Lam sai Wing at 5'10'' 230 plus pounds doing forms the same as a 5'5'' Lam Jo 120 or so pounds.

The power and effort use will not be the same.

Also the curriculum will tell who really learned form who. Technics in the 2 man forms will show it is from Lam Jo.

I was told by Chan Hon Chung many years back, Lam Sai Wing saw Chan Hon Chung doing the lau Gar form. In a rage Lam Sai Wing yelled at Lam Jo "what is this"

In Lam Sai Wing's School, should any student talk about another kung fu system, Lam Sai Wing will attack you.

So, someone previous mentioned Chan Hon Chung is closed minded, he got it from his teacher.

8. Quote Originally Posted by once ronin View Post
    Size and experience will cause differences in lineage.

Also the curriculum will tell who really learned form who. Technics in the 2 man forms will show it is from Lam Jo.
    I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by once ronin View Post

I was told by Chan Hon Chung many years back, Lam Sai Wing saw Chan Hon Chung doing the lau Gar form. In a rage Lam Sai Wing yelled at Lam Jo "what is this"
    Too funny.

In Lam Sai Wing's School, should any student talk about another kung fu system, Lam Sai Wing will attack you.
    My how things have changed.

Hung Gar Theory

Quote Originally Posted by Baritsumaster View Post
    I'm putting this down, not as a manifesto, but a theory I would like to have discussed by Hung Gar-ists of all schools. Granted that Lam Sai Wing was known to alter and add forms during his lifetime, but would he have done so during Wong Fei Hung's lifetime? Would that not have been perceived as an insult? I refer to the three books LSW set down around 1917. Logic would suggest that these forms would have been as close to WFH's as possible in order to garner his support. I would even wonder if anyone would have accepted them without some public acknowledgement from his Master that these forms were genuine. Thoughts?
    And please, this is no attempt to suggest that one school is better than another.

I would ' nt know too , all I know is that there are different lineages of hung ga out there , the moves of the hung ga set for the other lineages are different too . But the applications are the same . There is Ha Say Fu hung gar and the canton hung gar . In the Ha Say Fu hung ga the animal forms are all individualized , as for the canton hung ga the five animals are all combined together . And the sets of the canton hung ga are all seperated too . And there ' s the Tang Fung hung ga too , the tang fung hung ga the gung gee fook fu set is in 2 - parts , instead of one like the sets GM Lum Jo teaches . Like Sifu Wing Lam his gung gee fook fu set is a combination of GM Lum jo and Chiu Kao Sifu . So ! yeah ! every hung ga lineages their set is different .

You guys need to stop this personal feud in this forum, got it?
    Last warning, next time you both get banned.

^This

(Like 190 lb hawks, we digitally circle above you)
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Where did you hear this from? Seems quite contrary to the behavior of a master of the Shaolin arts.

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    - Sun Tzu

All senior student of Chan Hon Chung can confirm this.

I did mention I got this from Chan Hon chung himself.

Master Cheung Yee Keung is in Prince Edward.

He is master Chan's senior student.

Here's a video of him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8eOi...eature=related
    Last edited by once ronin; 03-23-2012 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    And I add to this be reminding all that this is NOT the wing chun forum.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

??????why don't the moderators clean up the wing chun forum?

i also confirm what once ronin says - Lam Saiwing was not happy to see the students/grandstudents practice the sets he did not teach, eg. Lau Ga Kyun.
    PM

Practical Hung Kyun 實用洪拳

www.practicalhungkyun.com