Thread: Wudang or just more Wushu

Wudang or just more Wushu

Well I am very excited about the fact that I found a Wudang school in my area taught by Master Bing. A man who has lived in Wudang for 15 years, and has kust left it to come here 1 1/2 years ago. So to learn from this man is to learn from an authentic Wudag master. My only fear is has this art turned into another Shaolin. Now let me explain Shaolin guys and gals, it's not that I don't have respect for the art, on the contrary, but I believe that since the cultural revolution, Shaolin has been redefined as a bit of a tourist attraction. But that's off topic, does anyone here train in the Wudang arts, and can someone tell me it's not just mere Wushu ??!!
    "You have sought out a sacred life, a Way that is immovable achivied only from the pure heart. You should seek humiliation, rather than glorification, annominity , rather than fame, the humble mind, not the beautiful mind. As the peddles of a cherry blossem fall, so shall you"

sure....

wudang is 1/3 traditional, 1/3 big 3 internal and 1/3 modern

Quote Originally Posted by hakke View Post
    wudang is 1/3 traditional, 1/3 big 3 internal and 1/3 modern
    ummm.............what ?
    "You have sought out a sacred life, a Way that is immovable achivied only from the pure heart. You should seek humiliation, rather than glorification, annominity , rather than fame, the humble mind, not the beautiful mind. As the peddles of a cherry blossem fall, so shall you"

After the Cultural Revolution?

Shaolin has been criticized as a tourist attraction for centuries. It's part of the tradition. If you have some romantic vision that Shaolin is like Kwai Chang Caine, you haven't even entered our first chamber yet.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Hey Gene, I have a question regarding the TV show Kung-Fu. You know when Grasshopper graduated he lifted the hot urn that branded his forearms. In that chamber you can only leave one way. You can't go back the way you came in,so how is it the the urn is always burning? Who maintains it?and how does he get out?
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

He jumps into the burning cauldron and burns himself alive.
    1bad65--They Call Him Ore Ida, the Tater-Terminator
    http://www.freewebs.com/shaolinninjitsu/
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega-Foot View Post
    We had to shut down our first Shaolin Ninjitsu in Shangdong when a key mistranslation of ancient scrolls led to the entire clan bowing down to incense and burning buddhas everywhere in the province.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Takeshi View Post
    Trolling? What does fishing have to do with this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega-Foot View Post
    Ashida Kim taught me everything I ever needed to know about the missile dropkick.

I think that burner is electric now...

...so it took me half a decade to reply to stonecrusher69. Better late than never...

Actually, I just wanted to post this below. Someday I might have to make a Wudang performances threadakin to all the Shaolin performances threads.
    Wudang Taichi Kungfu Troupe performs in Hong Kong
    ( chinadaily.com.cn )
    Updated: 2013-03-08

Wudang Taichi Kung Fu Troupe made its debut in Hong Kong on Feb 22 as one of the activities in the first Hong Kong Wudang Taichi Culture Festival.

Taichi health culture has become popular thanks to the spread of Wudang culture. The Taoist priest Xuanyi was the 15th heir of Zhang Sanfeng, a legendary Chinese Taoist priest and taichi master who is believed to have achieved immortality. A press conference was held at 4 pm on Feb 21 in Royal Suites & Towers in Shenzhen city, Guangdong province.

Wudang Taichi Kungfu Troupe performs in Hong Kong
    Wudang Taichi Kungfu Troupe performs in Hong Kong (Photo provided to China Daily)

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Sport Wudang just doesn't seem as exciting as sport wushu.
    They seem overdressed thought the costumes are intricate and elaborate.