Thread: Yuen Kay San Wing Chun

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    Sigh ...
    A single anecdote does not a statistical or scientific study make. It describes the actions of one purple belt in a contrived situation, albeit interesting. If he subdued the guy easily, he didn't need to stab him multiple times and would probably have had an interesting time in court and perhaps jail if he did so in a real situation.

I've been doing BJJ for about 12 years, but I wouldn't go to a BJJ instructor to learn about knife fighting (unless, like one of mine, he was also a black belt in arnis and had been teaching it for about ten years).
    First thing, I'm really not trying convince you or anybody. It was just an observation that I would like to share. That's all.
    Anyway, actually the BJJ guy is not teaching knife. What we have is a 3 hour class with three arts taught by different instructors. One guys teach BJJ, I teach FMA single stick and other person handles FMA knife. Our goal to share ideas, determine strong points and vulnerabilities of each art that we primarily do. In my case, it's really helpful and gave me a chance to see how I can be countered by a BJJ and a knife fighter and adjust my ways of doings things.

Let's just agree or agree to disagree .
    Last edited by free2flow; 03-14-2012 at 06:21 PM.