Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The New Wing Chun!

The New Wing Chun!

If you had to create the art of Wing Chun all over again, what would you include and exclude this time around? Would you create another form with things that are currently not in the current ones? Would you add grappling, boxing or whatever? How about more weapons?
    Your journey ends at my feet.

*It takes effort to learn to do something without*

It would depend entirely on what principles you choose to repeat.

Me personally, I would let it die. xD

Quote Originally Posted by mun hung View Post
    If you had to create the art of Wing Chun all over again, what would you include and exclude this time around? Would you create another form with things that are currently not in the current ones? Would you add grappling, boxing or whatever? How about more weapons?
    im currently creating my own form of wing chun...its called

hooking fighting!!!!

ill tell you more when its finish lol...
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

ill tell you more when its finish lol...
    Please don't rush on my account.

If I had to create a new combat system (an unlikely scenario requiring extraordinary hubris), I'd look at everything that was around, not just one system, and try to distil it into something simple and effective.

Which is allegedly what the five escapees from the burning of the Shaolin Temple did to create WC.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

It is currently perfect, only the human factor lets it down. Oh guns more guns

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    It is currently perfect, only the human factor lets it down. Oh guns more guns
    Lol, NO martial art is perfect. Not one.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post

If I had to create a new combat system (an unlikely scenario requiring extraordinary hubris), I'd look at everything that was around, not just one system, and try to distil it into something simple and effective.

Which is allegedly what the five escapees from the burning of the Shaolin Temple did to create WC.
    my new style of hooking fighting...will have weapons such as

1.sawed off shot gun
    2. glock
    3. uzi
    4. hammers and Ax
    5. Machetes and Butcher Knives

I will be coming to your town to test the effectiveness of our new system
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by mun hung View Post
    You ever heard of Bruce Lee? Read his TAO of JKD. The issues you guys seem to debate have been answered a very long time ago. JKD is just a name for "fighting", it is not a specific style. Doesnt matter what style it came from, if you can use it, then train it. Nothing else matters. Train to fight, not to perfect forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Niersun View Post
    You ever heard of Bruce Lee? Read his TAO of JKD. The issues you guys seem to debate have been answered a very long time ago. JKD is just a name for "fighting", it is not a specific style. Doesnt matter what style it came from, if you can use it, then train it. Nothing else matters. Train to fight, not to perfect forms.
    Actually Bruce just popularized it but people been doing this long before him. For instance, in Mande Muda silat, my first style, late Pak Herman's dad combined many styles of Silat to come up with a more complete style to cover from standup striking to wrestling to ground fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    Lol, NO martial art is perfect. Not one.
    The theory of Wing Chun works flawlessly, if, you can implement it without any errors. But the theory is only a theory and it does not mean anything if you can not make it work. During battle your system may be the best theory, but if your skill level is below the level of skill of your opponent, you simply lose. No theory of the world will not save you from defeat. " WSL

Quote Originally Posted by free2flow View Post
    Actually Bruce just popularized it but people been doing this long before him. For instance, in Mande Muda silat, my first style, late Pak Herman's dad combined many styles of Silat to come up with a more complete style to cover from standup striking to wrestling to ground fighting.
    What does that have to do with Wing Chun? I'm not familiar with Silat so i cant comment there.

Combining styles to create another style and forms has been around for yonks, but JKD is not a style nor does it promote practicing forms.

I will be coming to your town to test the effectiveness of our new system
    Good luck at airport security, and in jail.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Combining styles to create another style and forms has been around for yonks, but JKD is not a style nor does it promote practicing forms.
    At some point in time before I found my current preferences in martial arts, I studied JKD Concepts (Inosanto's way) for 4 years. Looking back, I could say if you consider forms as a method of solo practice to ingrain moves and principles then practicing forms was encouraged. We did practice a bunch of short sequences in a wooden dummy.

What does that have to do with Wing Chun? I'm not familiar with Silat so i cant comment there.
    My bad, sorry .
    Silat is a generic name for martial arts practiced in Indonesia, Southern Philippines, Malaysia and some parts of Thailand I believe. Just refer to our good friend Mr. Youtube .

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post

Didn't we already have an system like that ... I think it's called Wing Chun or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    my new style of hooking fighting...will have weapons such as

1.sawed off shot gun
    2. glock
    3. uzi
    4. hammers and Ax
    5. Machetes and Butcher Knives

As for weapons, you forgotten to include hookers. You're wondering why the hell would you include hookers ... why my dear, to do your fighting for you.