Thread: Punching people in the face?

Bringing back the joking side....Why we dont do Kata in CK [or uppercut]

" I sparred with Elvis ! "

CLIP

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Bringing back the joking side....Why we dont do Kata in CK [or uppercut]

" I sparred with Elvis ! "

CLIP
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That is silly. A wing chun form and a Japanese kata are vastly different things,

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That is silly. A wing chun form and a Japanese kata are vastly different things,

joy chaudhuri
    Not according to you and WC1277 , all that's missing is the outfit So how come the bong sao isnt a hook too ? I know some sifus make the bong sao a hook It has hook like qualities.

So do you and wc1277 think bong is also a hook , into an upper cut sequence ??

Not according to you and WC1277 , all that's missing is the outfit So how come the bong sao isnt a hook too ? I know some sifus make the bong sao a hook It has hook like qualities.

So do you and wc1277 think bong is also a hook , into an upper cut sequence ??
    No, because bong sau is a passive movement. If you are using bong sau on its own in application without an incoming force, then you're using it incorrectly...... Genius

[QUOTE=k gledhill;1163848]Not according to you and WC1277 , all that's missing is the outfit
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not worth responding. Bye.

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by WC1277 View Post
    No, because bong sau is a passive movement. If you are using bong sau on its own in application without an incoming force, then you're using it incorrectly...... Genius
    So A Fong has no bong strikes ??

So A Fong has no bong strikes ??
    I don't speak for Fong Sifu

[QUOTE=Vajramusti;1163862]
    Not according to you and WC1277 , all that's missing is the outfit
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not worth responding. Bye.

joy chaudhuri
    Thanks for that response forewarning us all of your intent to, er not respond

Quote Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
    Wow, 6 pages on whether or not you should punch someone in the face and if so, how to go about it.

Wouldn't you figure this out pretty quickly the first couple of times you spar?

Most of us figured that out back in elementary school ... and the patty-cake slaps to the face works great.

Last edited by WC1277; 03-22-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wtxs View Post
    Most of us figured that out back in elementary school ... and the patty-cake slaps to the face works great.
    Actually a solid slap works quite well. I used to play football back in the day when head slaps were still common. Even with a helmet on they could ring your bell.
    Mike

Plenty of correct WC hooks here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2chOzs-2Xg
    Last edited by WC1277; 03-22-2012 at 03:59 PM.

Fixed the links for these videos too

Quote Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
    Actually a solid slap works quite well. I used to play football back in the day when head slaps were still common. Even with a helmet on they could ring your bell.
    Slaps are not funny to ears, even lightly...

Quote Originally Posted by WC1277 View Post
    -------------------------------------
    To: WC1277

I think I saw aWSL chum kiu youtube video which has the uppercut.

joyy