Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Punching people in the face?

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Unless the guy hitting you knows to use an open hand strike, with 100% force...Then a bony forehead doesnt matter like it would to guys who only know to use knuckles.
    No broken hands. Its not slapping either
    I know this response is just setting me up so that k can post more "Three Stooges" pictures.

Why don't you post up a vid of you demonstrating this technique? I will promise to give it 5 stars

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Unless the guy hitting you knows to use an open hand strike, with 100% force...Then a bony forehead doesnt matter like it would to guys who only know to use knuckles.
    No broken hands. Its not slapping either
    Rather take a shot on the forehead than any place on the face.
    Also, anglening the head to take a shot on the forehead ( which is NOT between the eyes) also puts the neck and head in better position to take the percussive effect of impact.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    Get "RETARD" tatooed on all your foreheads.
    anerlich i got thug life tattooed on my head when i was teenager...so i dont have any room...

Quote Originally Posted by Niersun View Post
    I would put my life savings on an "AMATEUR" MMA guy against you in a street fight.
    Your right...all MMA guys are unbeatable. The only way to beat an mma guy is to learn MMA.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post
    The world would be a much better place if everyone, every once in a while, was punched in the face.
    Thats why i make sure I get punched in the face atleast once a week!!!

Quote Originally Posted by desertwingchun2 View Post
    Better question, What do you do when you get punched in the face?
    Eyes tear, Flesh stings, Nose runs, Bloody iron taste in your mouth ..... What do you do??

Well me. I put some dit da jow on my face before and after getting punched.. I stand straight up an squench the muslces in my face 500 times every morning to build my face up..As the punch comes for my face no matter where it hits i squench my face muscles to repel the force. I use my stance to root and channel the force and power of the punch down to the ground. My goal is to develop diamond face shield after my iron face shield is mastered. My gung Fu is Strong. I can with-stand several blows to Face with out being moved from my stance...My gung fu is very strong..you dont want to mess with me!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

hey guys, stop turning this into a real thread - that's not the way it's supposed to be going!
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

anerlich i got thug life tattooed on my head when i was teenager...so i dont have any room...
    Yes, for some reason I have always imagined you with a small forehead.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Head (yang), fist (yang). Body (yin), palm (yin). It's best not to use yang against yang. That's why the only punches on the jong regardless of lineage, are to the body. All the strikes to the "head" use palms.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Yep, and with a 45 degree slope on it

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Yep, and with a 45 degree slope on it

He brother get out my pants...stop talking about my second head!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    Head (yang), fist (yang). Body (yin), palm (yin). It's best not to use yang against yang. That's why the only punches on the jong regardless of lineage, are to the body. All the strikes to the "head" use palms.
    What about this video punching the dummy in the head?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvj3a4lanaQ

No just got some big print....THUG LIFE
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

I agree palm strikes are used to the head and punches to the body on the jong, but punching to he head is a very common technique. Even the basic Lop sao drill,I was told was to the head. Of couse it could be also to the body as well.
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

Punching to the face with a bare fist can be very painful for the guy doing the punching. Straight punches especially. A good hay-maker to the side of the head, well not so much.

Just my $.02
    "The ultimate nature of survival is maintaining your balance"

Quote Originally Posted by stonecrusher69 View Post
    I agree palm strikes are used to the head and punches to the body on the jong, but punching to he head is a very common technique. Even the basic Lop sao drill,I was told was to the head. Of couse it could be also to the body as well.
    check this video out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvj3a4lanaQ

Quote Originally Posted by desertwingchun2 View Post
    Punching to the face with a bare fist can be very painful for the guy doing the punching. Straight punches especially. A good hay-maker to the side of the head, well not so much.

Just my $.02
    lol have you ever punched someone in the face before?

Do you hit a punching bag and wall bag?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    . . . .

What about this video punching the dummy in the head?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvj3a4lanaQ . . . .
    I see that. In the YMWCK form there's no punch to the head.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by stonecrusher69 View Post
    Sure, you can train you fists to punch to the head. The Japanese use a Makirawa board.
    Btw, Tyson broke his hand hitting to the head in a street fight in Harlem.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

I see that. In the YMWCK form there's no punch to the head.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Once the wing chun punch is properly developed you can punch wherever and whenever there is an open lime IMO.
    Also in chum kiu after the last bong wu /kwan sequence there is a short and sweet Tyson like upper cut

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Once the wing chun punch is properly developed you can punch wherever and whenever there is an open lime IMO.
    Also in chum kiu after the last bong wu /kwan sequence there is a short and sweet Tyson like upper cut

joy chaudhuri

Not an upper cut. I know it looks like it...There are a lot of CK actions performed as the inception of attacks, iow the critical points are focused on at the starting point of geometric alignment prior to synchronized execution in later drills and fighting.
    CK gives us a unity of facing, turning with elbow / hip focus. Not kata, like, and now I uppercut you from a bong sao while facing away from where I just bonged you...???

Its simply a sequence , a line of force re-centering and recovering the elbow from a raised elbow position of bong... slightly extending for a jut that follows refacing ....same as SLT, tan goes slightly forwards, just so jut sao comes back from slight extension.

Because its done as we sharply align the hips in sync with the elbows, many assume its a 'kata' move or uppercut. Hip and elbow meet at the same time, not one before or after, dynamics along axis rotation/facing combined. Lot of power there with good timing.

The hip driving into the elbow is allowed to extend slightly so the 'following' jut sao with body axis rotation can jut 'backwards' from the slight extension of the previous action....no uppercuts in VT, we CUT through lines of force in an entirely different way.

its only my opinion , I know...