Thread: Shanghai

Shanghai

Greetings Martial Brothers;
    Could anyone please recommend a martial arts school in or near Shanghai 上海, China?

Thank you in advance.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Shanghai has a good MA scene, but its not so easily found, you have to be in it.

I know a good teacher of Xin Yi Liu he Quan, if that tickles your fancy. (its more XinYi in style, not xinG yi, a related style I know but quite different at this point).

Its traditional and is taught well.

Its Central Shanghai, or at least it was, its been almost a year since I visited this school.

If your interested P.M me and I'll give you a phone number. Chinese speaking only I'm afraid.

Otherwise I know a master of JingWu if that's what your in to. Think he only teaches privately now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    Greetings Martial Brothers;
    Could anyone please recommend a martial arts school in or near Shanghai 上海, China?

Thank you in advance.
    When are you going to be there? I'll be there by the end of this month for a bit over a week.
    There is a German teacher of 7* of Praying Mantis, Pel something...

Quote Originally Posted by RenDaHai View Post
    Shanghai has a good MA scene, but its not so easily found, you have to be in it.

I know a good teacher of Xin Yi Liu he Quan, if that tickles your fancy. (its more XinYi in style, not xinG yi, a related style I know but quite different at this point).

Its traditional and is taught well.

Its Central Shanghai, or at least it was, its been almost a year since I visited this school.

If your interested P.M me and I'll give you a phone number. Chinese speaking only I'm afraid.

Otherwise I know a master of JingWu if that's what your in to. Think he only teaches privately now.
    Thank you brother;
    It's not for me, one of my young students is traveling in China right now and will be in Shanghai for about a year. I'm very big on relation and association when it comes to martial arts since without an introduction it is very easy to communicate the wrong intention? In any case I'd be grateful for any assistance.

Peace
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up