Thread: searching for Hung Ga in the Westchester/Bronx or uptown Manhattan area

searching for Hung Ga in the Westchester/Bronx or uptown Manhattan area

Hello to any who can assist me. I have 4 years of private closed door training in southern shaolin kung-fu. I am looking to specialize in Hung Gar. I live in the Yonkers area and pretty much most Kung-fu schools for whatever reason only seem to have schools in the deepest parts of manhattan where no car can go,or long island,brooklyn which are area's that are an hour and a half drive and that's not counting traffic. In this era of high price gasoline that is not feasible. The only other schools are in NJ which would be another hour drive plus toll for the bridge.

If there is anyone here who know's of any hung gar teachers either officially or unofficially teaching in the Bronx,Yonkers,or any of Westchester area,even in Uptown Manhattan. It would be most appreciated if I could be given some kind of contact information. thank you.

Greetings and welcome to the forum, chaossentry.

Try connecting with Frank Yee's people directly (a website will only say so much). They may be able to assist you.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 03-20-2012 at 07:42 PM.

searching for hun ga in the westchester/bronx or uptown

Quote Originally Posted by chaossentry View Post
    Hello to any who can assist me. I have 4 years of private closed door training in southern shaolin kung-fu. I am looking to specialize in Hung Gar. I live in the Yonkers area and pretty much most Kung-fu schools for whatever reason only seem to have schools in the deepest parts of manhattan where no car can go,or long island,brooklyn which are area's that are an hour and a half drive and that's not counting traffic. In this era of high price gasoline that is not feasible. The only other schools are in NJ which would be another hour drive plus toll for the bridge.

If there is anyone here who know's of any hung gar teachers either officially or unofficially teaching in the Bronx,Yonkers,or any of Westchester area,even in Uptown Manhattan. It would be most appreciated if I could be given some kind of contact information. thank you.
    chaossentry , so are you looking for a hung ga sifu to continue your training ? So you must still be a student then ? with 4 years of training ? I would go to Sifu Frank Yee .

actually I am still a student, Just very frustrated at not being able to find one near me. Going into nyc to the middle of manhattan is not feasible for me as their is no parking, and i don't live near any train stations. Sorry for the late reply,tore my acl in a motorcycle accident and spent 8 months recovering. WHen half your knee is numb and dealing with endless amounts of scar tissue. Last thing on your mind is getting back into martial arts,but more about just walking right.

Got back into shape. Still doing the stances,my foundation hasn't lost a step. horse to long bow,to unicorn stance still doing ok. Just need to find someone near me,doesn't even need to be a school. Could be a private person who teaches privately.

I was suggested fu jow pai. Tried it,alot of my southern training i was told is very much too hung gar and that in their system, It has several differences. It's basically like learning from anew. I do not want to waste what I have learned. Worked to hard to get where I am.

So if anyone has any info of any kind,please let me know. Thank you.
    Last edited by chaossentry; 06-03-2013 at 01:28 PM.

There's a Fu Jow Pai sifu up in Peekskill (he used to be in Thornwood). Check him out:

http://www.kwanskungfustudio.com/

Good luck.

Yui
    www.newyorkhungga.com

Quote Originally Posted by SifuYui View Post
    There's a Fu Jow Pai sifu up in Peekskill (he used to be in Thornwood). Check him out:

http://www.kwanskungfustudio.com/

Good luck.

Yui
    www.newyorkhungga.com
    I mentioned in my post that I already tried fu jow pai. It wasn't for me,the style incorporates lost track and black tiger towards the end. In fact,I was mentioned as my basic training being too much toward hung gar.

I had tried it,just didn't feel the style was for me.