Thread: Jian thief

Hybrid View

Jian thief

Hello all while I am not an avid contributor on here I was hoping some of you might be able to help me. This past weekend someone broke into the school I train/work at and stole some money and weapons. Among those weapons was my prized 2-handed jian. When I got it years ago I had the handle and fittings re-worked just the way I wanted them. Now I have to start over and would enjoy any recommendations for large jian that any of you may have. Thanks!

Cory Nyenhuis

http://www.zhisword.com/index.php?ma...f9fbe68a6b84ab
    This is my favorite Jian site. The guy does great custom work. I've purchased two swords from him and both of them have been perfect for my training.

Sorry to hear that, Cory Nyenhuis

I would be remiss in my duties here if I didn't plug MartialArtsMart.com, although truth be told, our jian selection is rather limited now. Sadly, the quality of swords has been dropping and the price has been rising, so we've let go of a lot of forges recently.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

i use a stick and pretend it is a sward, because im poar.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I would be remiss in my duties here if I didn't plug MartialArtsMart.com, although truth be told, our jian selection is rather limited now. Sadly, the quality of swords has been dropping and the price has been rising, so we've let go of a lot of forges recently.
    I've had my eye on the Shaolin weapon - Family Art Sword for a while, I just haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. But it's pretty awesome
    http://www.martialartsmart.com/45s-53.html

sorry to hear that happened, nothing worse then losing a custom piece.

cas-iberia has some decent one's that we use. balanace and feel is pretty good and they arent too expensive, unless you want them to be. Here is the one I use.

D@mn Cory that sucks, someone broke in to my house a few months back...:
    "All the skill in the world won't hold up to a real confrontation if you are too afraid to use it."