Thread: Sin The' admits in court he made it all up.

Hybrid View

Sin The' admits in court he made it all up.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=115628

See what happens when I go on vacation?
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 03-26-2012 at 02:40 PM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post

And by all he means 29 forms that comprise SD's lower belt material. Full discussion and legal commentary found in the "Is SD for Real thread."
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    And by all he means 29 forms that comprise SD's lower belt material. Full discussion and legal commentary found in the "Is SD for Real thread."
    Dude, do you know how many times you guys have said that material is the core of the system? Hilarious.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Dude, do you know how many times you guys have said that material is the core of the system? Hilarious.
    Yep it is. He created these forms that taught the fundamentals of his system. He then says he also taught the material he was taught by his teacher. If he was up front about this it wouldn't have been a big deal, but as it was passed off has traditional it calls into question everything that was ever taught.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

The interesting thing is that some people had to hear it in court in order to believe it while many others could spot if a mile away.

I don't have a problem with him making up forms, but be honest about it.

One of the things about people in general is that they think that just because something is old it is better than a similar thing that is new, but just as with everything else in life, buyer beware!

A form should be judged on its own merits not on its age.

I'm thinking of someone else who made it all up, too.
    "If Ashida wished you to know his real name, I am sure he would write to you and tell you himself." --Danny Sainty

"So, you supposed martial artists, what are you trining for? Who are you training to fight? Apparently no one. Because even in a hypothetical situation, you puss out, Ha! Ha!" --Ashida Kim

Who Gives a Rats Ass?

I do not condone presenting fraudulant / made up material as true and authentic forms from a given system.

However, if you have enough skill and understanding of the theory and principles of your given system, the forms or material you make up your self will in itself be a represenative of the system, will it not?

I made up a small practice drill / form for my childrens curriculum. Am I fruadulently representing my system?

Really... who cares what other people do. Some of you guys argue about the most stupid and irrelavant MA tyopics.

ginosifu

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voiceless_dental_fricative

You have to appreciate the irony that after all the effort put forth by The to maintain the romantic wuxia illusion of lineage among his followers as soon as his ability to profit from it is in jeopardy he readily admits to fabricating a majority of the material.

LOL!! Now THAT is funny!

I wonder if that includes the thousand 9 yellow bee's (or whatever) form?

Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu View Post
    Who Gives a Rats Ass?

I do not condone presenting fraudulant / made up material as true and authentic forms from a given system.

However, if you have enough skill and understanding of the theory and principles of your given system, the forms or material you make up your self will in itself be a represenative of the system, will it not?

I made up a small practice drill / form for my childrens curriculum. Am I fruadulently representing my system?

Really... who cares what other people do. Some of you guys argue about the most stupid and irrelavant MA tyopics.

ginosifu
    This pretty much sums it up!! thanks sifu!

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    This pretty much sums it up!! thanks sifu!
    Uh, Gino is from a legitimate traceable and recorded lineage. So, he can have the luxury of saying such things.

he is also speaking in context to the beginner forms.

Now, in your case, it is not nearly in the position of legitimacy that Gino is in.

Not even close.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Uh, Gino is from a legitimate traceable and recorded lineage. So, he can have the luxury of saying such things.

he is also speaking in context to the beginner forms.

Now, in your case, it is not nearly in the position of legitimacy that Gino is in.

Not even close.
    What do you know of my backround and training? What if I am in a legitimate, traceable and recorded lineage?

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    What do you know of my backround and training? What if I am in a legitimate, traceable and recorded lineage?
    YOu've already made claim you were an SD guy. If you were legit, you'd lay it out and we'd eat crow.

So, can you do that? Cause I'd be happy to eat crow if you are in a legit lineage of a legit art and not an SD person who thinks they're practicing some ancient art when in fact they're doing mediocre kempo karate at best.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down