Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
whether he can fight or not doesnt matter. the point is about integrity, honesty, and truth.
but not particularly JP's integrity. While I've agreed that some culpability lies in the part of the believers, most is with the liar. We're all human and at different times in our lives crave something that sometimes we can't really articulate. Sometimes, something falls in our path that fits that craving and we go with it. Sometimes you get far enough along that path with the craving that you have to keep going, at least for a little while. I discovered the truth about my old teacher and school but stayed for another 2 years so I could at least say that I had studied a 'system' for 13 years and been ranked to the level of 'teacher' in that system. Then, i got the **** out of there as fast as I could and have never, well 'rarely', looked back. And, yet, I still got some good things from that experience.

AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.