Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Sin The' admits in court he made it all up.

KC sounds like a chubby chaser.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    KC sounds like a chubby chaser.
    More cushin for the pushin !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    However if one uses the warped BMI index few if any would be Ideal , Based on age height and weight as a classification. So a body builder at 5ft 5in and 195 # is obese even at 3% body fat. THat guy kicking is not Morbidly Obese just Obese. There is a difference. and weight has nothing to do with respect or dignity of the body. Some times fat just there hey at least hes kicking and pretty high at that. KC
    I'm pretty **** sure she'd fail any sort of BF test. Calipers, water displacement, etc.

The BMI was intended for sedentary people, not athletes. You are playing ( I hope) dumb here. If you had ANY knowledge of fitness, you can spot the obviously obese as opposed to those who may be borderline, and may require a test to figure out where they are.

If you are going to market yourself as a fitness or health art, being a fatass detracts from your overall image.

Tai-Bo walked all over MA because at least...what's his face... Billy Blanks, I think... was in good shape.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

I know a few MA that are in great shape other than looks wise.
    Some guys are just "husky" and don't really care about being ripped.
    Depending on which cycle in my training I am doing I can be husky or ripped, simply because of the type of training I am doing.
    I know a few Goju guys that are in great shape but have guts because they like to eat and like beer, but in terms of strength and cardio, they are excellent.

None of that takes away that being a fatass is NOT the way to go.

You guys ate a trip , Submersion is done with athletes but even at 3% bf the person can still be + for the BMI it is skewed and most of Md's use it. No I have compassion for the heavy not anything else, you guys are jealous because that persons kicks are better than yours. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

You guys ate a trip , Submersion is done with athletes but even at 3% bf the person can still be + for the BMI it is skewed and most of Md's use it. No I have compassion for the heavy not anything else, you guys are jealous because that persons kicks are better than yours. KC
    It's not heavy. It's obesity. It's a disease.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I know a few MA that are in great shape other than looks wise.
    Some guys are just "husky" and don't really care about being ripped.
    Depending on which cycle in my training I am doing I can be husky or ripped, simply because of the type of training I am doing.
    I know a few Goju guys that are in great shape but have guts because they like to eat and like beer, but in terms of strength and cardio, they are excellent.

None of that takes away that being a fatass is NOT the way to go.
    SR... those guys typically have gigantor necks. By one measurement standard, that usually means they have far more muscle than fat. It's still bad, because it puts more pressure on the heart than it would normally, but they should be ok.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Drake you need more research , havent you heard of athletic heart?. Those guys arent fat they are athletes, comes from improper training methods and genetics, Drake you should have more compassion call them what you will but not all Obese people are sick or have poor body image or are self haters. Some are genetically predisposed , current research has shown there is a "fat" gene Gat a life Drake and quit being so judgemental. KC
    Last edited by kwaichang; 04-12-2012 at 11:35 AM.
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Drake you need more research , havent you heard of athletic heart?. Those guys arent fat they are athletes, comes from improper training methods and genetics, Drake you should have more compassion call them what you will but not all Obese people are sick or have poor body image or are self haters. Some are genetically predisposed , current tresearch has shown there is a "fat" gene Gat a life Drake and quit being so judgemental. KC
    Obesity is a disease. Disputing that is like disputing covalent bonding in water molecules.

And I have done research. I've been training soldiers for over a decade.

Judgmental would be slamming someone for being Mexican, or for being duped by a very clever and conniving scam artist.

Obesity is a measurable fact, and is classified as a disease. You can't change that with your compassion for those who are driving up health care costs.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

some people put on fat and retain it easier due to gene history of starvation periods. typically people that are decended from a family that routinely or regularly went through periods of starvation or were consistantly starved store and retain fat at a higher rate for survival purposes.

also, many people eat too fast. you will be full before your brain knows it. eat slower, watch portions. after about 15-20 minutes your brain will know what your stomach knows.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    some people put on fat and retain it easier due to gene history of starvation periods. typically people that are decended from a family that routinely or regularly went through periods of starvation or were consistantly starved store and retain fat at a higher rate for survival purposes.

also, many people eat too fast. you will be full before your brain knows it. eat slower, watch portions. after about 15-20 minutes your brain will know what your stomach knows.
    I retain fat very easily. Unfortunately, that means I need to put in a solid hour of cardio or working out almost daily to keep up, even with a healthy diet.

But... I don't want Type II Diabetes or heart problems, nor do I want to be part of a global pandemic, so I keep at it.

It's all about discipline. You know, something MA instructors are supposed to be teaching. As well as a nutritious diet and exercise.

High kicks aren't an indicator of MA discipline. It's a comprehensive, holistic approach that defines it.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I retain fat very easily. Unfortunately, that means I need to put in a solid hour of cardio or working out almost daily to keep up, even with a healthy diet.

But... I don't want Type II Diabetes or heart problems, nor do I want to be part of a global pandemic, so I keep at it.

It's all about discipline. You know, something MA instructors are supposed to be teaching. As well as a nutritious diet and exercise.

High kicks aren't an indicator of MA discipline. It's a comprehensive, holistic approach that defines it.
    I agree with you. It takes work, especially as we get older. ive never had an issue but my metab really slowed down after 30, so it does take work now when it never used to.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I agree with you. It takes work, especially as we get older. ive never had an issue but my metab really slowed down after 30, so it does take work now when it never used to.
    My boss here does Crossfit and Insanity twice a day and he still feels he needs to lose more weight.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    My boss here does Crossfit and Insanity twice a day and he still feels he needs to lose more weight.
    Wow that must suck....

There is an ideal BW that we all have, they is the weight we can keep WITHOUT eating like a pig or working out like crazy.
    For most that ideal weight is screwed up because of WHAT and HOW we eat.
    Most people shouldn't need to do anything to stay in that ideal weight ( give or take 5-10 lbs).
    Just eating right and not over-eating is enough for most.
    There is a reason our metabolisim "slows down" at a certain age and we should respect that and harmonize with that - eat better and maintain active.

Of course for MA who ARE SUPPOSE to be active people anyways, the weight issue shouldn't be a problem BUT we ALL know of those "heavy guys" that can do it all and are still heavy.
    Genetics trumps all BUT you can still do something.

Most obese people are so not JUST because of what they eat or lack of activity, there are usually lots of underlining factors too.